5.4

1. Jun 3, 2015
    I would just to start out that OVERALL, Mass Effect 3 is a damn good game. Up until the last 10-20 minutes, the games plot was pretty good, the game play was amazing, and the soundtrack and graphics were some of the best in the series. The story is good as it plays with the along the strings of your heart, allowing you to see some development and growth with the characters you have grownI would just to start out that OVERALL, Mass Effect 3 is a damn good game. Up until the last 10-20 minutes, the games plot was pretty good, the game play was amazing, and the soundtrack and graphics were some of the best in the series. The story is good as it plays with the along the strings of your heart, allowing you to see some development and growth with the characters you have grown to love through 5 years and over 150 hours of gameplay. Unfortunately, all the good about this game is completely ignored because the ending is a god-awful, plot hole filled, piece of crap. However, the ending was not the only problem with this game. Underdeveloped characters, Questionable direction, glitches, bugs, and forced relationships begin to take over. We can start with how the story is almost completely rushed and it begins to show towards the second half of the game after you complete the Rannoch portion of the game. And as you approach the second half, alot of the game does nothing but leave you scratching your head, thinking, "wtf was that?" Also as you begin to approach the second half, you being to notice that Bioware and EA seemed to give absolutely no **** about any other romance option besides Liara and maybe Garrus, which angered me as I mostly romance Ashley and personally cant stand the blue smurf getting shoved in my face. Also, why the auto-dialog and the 2 option dialog wheel??? It takes away alot of elements from Shepard and you also lose the opportunity to stay in the "middle ground" of the issues. Also alot of the treatment towards the female characters is almost downright misogynistic, Femshep walks like a girlygirl, EDI, Jack, and Ashley go out and get boob and ass jobs, I mean how much else can I add on here?. The game also almost completely abandons the RPG elements and conversational depth that made ME so great and plays more like a typical EA action shooter. The ending, its terrible, its a slap, no a spit in the face to every fan of Mass Effect. Everything about the ending is an injustice, none of your choices matter, the writing is downright terrible and contradicting. Almost completely undoing everything you've done and accomplished throughout the series. Upon completing ME3, you are left with a sour feeling of "what if?" Mac Walters wrote ME3 in 2 months and wrote the ending in 10 minutes, further proving the game was rushed by EA with the hopes of generating cash. In the end, Bioware gambled and lost, the game felt rushed and ultimately still leaves more questions then answers Expand
  2. Apr 6, 2015
    When I started playing Mass Effect 3 I was afraid: some said it was a masterpiece, others that it was a bad game, many said that the ending was not nice. I did not know where the truth was, I knew that I would find the truth only playing the game. I'll start talking about the gameplay, graphics and then finally the plot. This is the report.

The gameplay of ME 3 is confused: the rpg

The gameplay of ME 3 is confused: the rpg section of the game is now almost non-existent. Exploration is reduced to ridiculous levels and has been completely removed the planetary extraction of minerals. Even the player's mastery in handling the dialogue has been reduced to the bone, even the dialogue options are reduced. The codex and the management of the missions is stupid: not only I can not examine in detail the current mission, but there isn't a division between primary mission and side quests. The only component revalued were the stats of weapons and power-ups, which had been removed in ME 2, and an interesting addition were the War Assets, useful in managing the resources acquired to be used in the final battle against the Reapers. The longevity of the game is reduced compared to the first and second chapter. What to say? It is confusing, in fact. I don't understand why BioWare doesn't know just to make things better, and why do back and forth between the elements of gameplay, between a chapter and the next. Adds something, but removes something else. It is not that the game is not fun, but in this way the game appears to be inconsistent.

The graphics of the game is really beautiful, BioWare has taken advantage of the Unreal Engine 3 giving the game a look good. The best thing in the game. The soundtrack, as usual, is very beautiful.

The plot of Mass Effect 3 was not bad. I liked how things were going, and even if the story had been a little slow at the start, I was having fun and seemed destined to end in an epic way. In fact I loved the plot of Mass Effect 3 from the first minute to the last one. The endings and the choices available are good. The problem is their explanation. Regardless of the ending obtained, there isn't a real explanation for what has happened throughout the game. And no one knows what really happens after. When I saw it for the first time I was blown away: I've been thinking for days, checking other opinions on the Internet, asking the cause of everything. Then I heard about the Extended Cut, a free dlc released by BioWare that should had answer to unresolved questions. It should had an explanation of all that happened. Actually I already knew about this dlc but, sinning of naivete, I decided not to download it and to leave the game in its original form. Maybe I was right, maybe not. The fact is that the Extended Cut ends the saga of Mass Effect in a more than decent way, giving the necessary explanations. The only question is: why a dlc? Why BioWare did not include the Extended Cut directly into the game? Why BioWare did not think immediately to put it in the game?

So in conclusion? Mass Effect 3 is a good game, not loyal to what was the first chapter, but fun and with a beautiful plot from start to finish. Too bad that the game doesn't explain anything to the endings, and to explain decently the end of the game is served a dlc. I understand the anger of many fans. Too bad it went how it went.
  3. Feb 10, 2015
    Many people seems to complain because they compare to ME1 and ME2. I did not played ME1 but enjoyed ME2. It might not be as good as ME1, but I think it's still quite good if you compare to other games.
  4. Jan 18, 2015
    Here's a simple analysis: the fan reviews are so emotionally polarized that they're essentially useless.

Quite a few are outright lies (a review below this one states "The dialogue is gone, even with full decisions on it's like watching a movie instead of an interactive story" -this is a blatant falsehood unless the reviewer had the sound off and subtitles disabled) and too many are backlash up-votes in the same vein as their rage-driven down-vote counterparts.

Read the critical reviews if you're after actual information.

For my money it's an excellent game critically tarnished by EA's terrifyingly stupid decision to push for a quick ending over just finishing it up to the standards of the rest of the game (and series).
  5. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After nearly 70 hours of gameplay spread out over 2 games and an interactive comic book, The Mass Effect Trilogy has finally come to a conclusion for me. For the entire duration of the series, I had completely lost myself to the story, the characters and the places that Bioware has created.

The series has given me a lot of joy, but also plenty of sadness and even distress. It was so easy to personalize Shepard to such an extant that it was pretty much me in the game. I had developed a great fondness for the supporting characters as one does when they are watching a great film. I have never felt so much while playing a game, and for that, I commend Bioware greatly.

So, how do I feel now that it's over? Not entirely satisfied, but not entirely displeased either. The game's engine is nearly identical to ME2, which is a good thing, since the responsive guns and powers are still there, and the cover system is effective 9 times out of 10; honestly, I didn't go into this game looking for huge gameplay innovations, I simply wanted to be enthralled by the story.

And the story is indeed enthralling. A few hours in, I was as lost in the game as I had been with ME2. The world is a fully realized, fully populated ecosystem with diverse characters and a multitude of options that define Shepard's journey... but not necessarily his fate.

There's the rub... the ending. The ambition of Mass Effect must have put intense pressure on the developers to think of a fitting conclusion to the trilogy. I actually don't have an issue with the concept of having to choose between 3 options in order to end the Reaper war. I think it's ballsy and it makes sense with respect to the science fiction aspect of Mass Effect; any developer could devise an ending that goes off with no unexpected occurrences, whether the Galaxy is saved or not. Every choice ends the war, but comes with some kind of catch that will pain your conscience no matter what. And ultimately there are a lot more questions than answers... but that's how the best sci fi works.

However, a lot of the questions that I was left with were the wrong questions. Like, how did my team end up back on the Normandy at the end? Why isn't my death being mourned? Why isn't there more emphasis on the character that I romanced? Why does it all feel so brief and sudden (which doesn't fit with a series of games that can ultimately add up to 100 hours)? I wanted to see my team and some other key characters deal with the immediate aftermath of the war.

I'm okay with not knowing anything about what the Catalyst is, or why it is so concerned with chaos, or more general information concerning the Reapers' and the Catalyst's roles in the creation/destruction/evolution of life. That information was rightly left to my imagination. But, when the credits rolled, I did not feel a sense of closure with Shepard and his allies. It made me sad and a little disappointed. And I do wish that all the choices that I had made had at least modified how the ending played out, even in subtle ways. Other than that, I like the concept of the three choices.

So, the story is brought to a reasonable, if somewhat flawed conclusion. At first, I was frustrated. But, looking back, the journey itself was incredible and more engaging than any other game I've ever played. I would have appreciated a few loose ends getting tied up concerning the characters, but I think that Mass Effect 3 is, for the most part, a great success.
  6. Jun 30, 2014
    Finished the last installment on this sci-fi series last week.
    So basically i play the game and load my save files from ME2. So my review is going to be based on my storyline.
    Finished the last installment on this sci-fi series last week.

Shepard was detained back on earth because he sacrificed a batarian's planet to delay the reaper invasion. In the meantime, every species is getting ready for the war with the reaper. Suddenly the Reaper invades Earth.
    Shepard, once again go back to the outer space to get help from all species in the galaxy. Can Shepard make it? Will he get back in time with the help needed? Play and find out yourself.

Plus point:
    - A total upgrade in the graphic level. The main characters' expression and details are much much better in this game. Also the new weapon and armor system, makes the game more interesting.
    - If you load the save files from the previous game, whatever you did on the prequels, will affect the story on this game. And there are so many reccuring characters from the trilogy.
    - Great conclusion to the story. I finished the game with the perfect ending within my first gameplay. Well, of course while finishing all of the other DLCs, such as Omega, From The Ashes, Citadel, Leviathan. It's like every creatures on the galaxy is lending a hand to shepard for the war with the Reaper. The game is full pf actions, i mean you fight a gigantic reaper with only Scanning Laser Gun for an all out attack? That's intense and awesome.
    - Garrus, Garrus, Garrus! My partner since ME1 and the best and coolest characters of ME Trilogy, and he's back once again.

Minus Point:
    - I played the game on PS3, so the game is not that smooth. Sometimes there are some jaggy scene, i guess the console itself isn't powerful enough for this game, which is such a letdown.
    - You can choose your ending! Well although only one leads to Perfect Ending, and of course if you have enough Paragon points and Effective Military Strength for it. But that's kinda ignoring our play style of paragon or renegade. Because in the end they gave you a choice for the ending.
    It'll be better if you play as Paragon, you automatically gets the Paragon ending, without choosing other options.
    - Well, not exactly a minus point, but almost all of the characters on ME2 won't join as playable characters. I kinda miss Thane.

The Verdict:
    I must say, i'm not much of a fan of sci-fi, but this series totally blew my mind. ME3 is a full action pack game with great stories. We could see how desparate Shepard is to save Earth from the Reaper, His love story with Ashley, His sadness when losing comrades, this game is not just a simple game with shoot and destroy, but it brings some of the emotional feeling in it. I totally love ME trilogy and one of the best game i ever played. If only they could fix the frame rate problem, then this game is flawless. 8.5/10
  7. Mar 13, 2014
    A brilliant game, with a truly excellent story. ME3 is perhaps the best example of 'video games as art'. Ignore 'the ending' haters, who had mass adolescent tantrum when the story took a dark turn. Play it and have the courage to form your own opinion.
  8. Mar 8, 2014
    I'm playing the Mass Effect series quite a long time after release, but I've just completed the trilogy.

Don't listen to the haters. If you liked ME 1 and 2, I think you'll like 3. The story is good with another darkening of the mood. You build your team again and care about them again. The mechanics are good with a return to the weapon customisation of ME1. The follow through from one game to the next (you import your character to the next game) is good. The Sound, music and voice acting is good. The graphics and controller responsiveness are a lot better in ME 3.

Admittedly I played with the DLC and the ' extended/alternate ending option', but ME 3 is a classic and right up there with Skyrim as an epic RPG.
  9. Feb 12, 2014
    why so many haters wtf? I know I cant talk any sense into those morons who give this game a 0 just because of the ending but ARE YOU FAKING KIDDING ME? HOW CAN 10 MINUTES IN A 30 HOUR GAME LIKE MASS EFFECT 3 LOWER ITS RATING FROM 9/10 TO 4/10 OR EVEN LOWER? WTF? Feel free to thumb down but get this shame on u all who claim urselves as "fans" but are infact nothing but ragers.
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 3 is an RPG with the gameplay of an action game. The new combat system is so much fun to play. In ME2 combat becomes a lot less interesting if u choose classes like sentinel that can only use 2 of the 6 weapon types; abilities are also less powerful so soldier is definitely a go-to class. In Mass Effect 3 however not only did EA double the number of weapons from 29 in me2 to 72, the new combo system is also very fun (hitting the same enemy with 2 specific abilities in succession will lead to an explosion dealing tons of dmg). As an RPG ME3 did hell of a good job in making combat fun.
    ME3 takes place after ME2. The reaper has invaded and shepard must again travel around the galaxy to save humanity and other species as well this time. You will meet new friends as well as old, fight the powerful invaders that want nothing but extinction of all sentient species. (Trust me those are not just promotion this game really is that exciting)
    But in some other aspects, Mass Effect 3 takes a step back. The errand missions (which are the majority of side missions in this game) are boring and does not make any sense, the planet scanning system is removed, and of course the ending. It is seriously pretty disgusting, I must admit, but it is only because it is supposed to be awesome, for Mass Effect 3 is such an anticipated and massive game. It is still better than many, and I must give credit to bioware who tried their best to fix the ending once they realized its problem.
    At this point whoever that is here either has already played ME3 or is not interested and will probably never play ME. So if you are also a rager go ahead, write a 0/10 review. It just doesn't matter any more. BTW thanks for reading to the end.
  10. Jan 23, 2014
    Mass effect 3, is the one of the best games of this generation, the gameplay is spectacular, the history is amazing, the multiplayer is very funy, and you can not stop until you finished the game. ok, the ending isn´t as good as it should be, but the rest of the game is unsurpassable.
  11. Jan 10, 2014
    ME3 is a perfect ending to one of the greatest game series of all time. Great multiplayer too. Even after all this time people are still playing it. No trouble finding matches.
  12. Jan 5, 2014
    Finally, I have acquired copy of ME3 for Christmas. I was unable to get it for many reasons (mostly because I was skeptic about the ending). So, here we go.

In order to reach a wider audience, Bioware made Shepard do most of the talking in order to focus on making the game more action-like. Bioware should have know better than this. And this is where the game loses its one (and only) point. Yet you will still make the major decisions that will greatly affect the story; just the small talk has been automated (though this make the story less personal than the first two games). Don't be fooled, this story MUST be experienced before you die. And your old friends from ME1 and ME2 still have their stories to tell, and this is the game where you finally see how they turn out.

The combat mechanics are...well, I don't know. It's not bad, but I really hate the motion blur when you turn. But there is no more fully rechargeable health like in ME2. Your health is divided. If one portion is gone, the only way to replenish it is by using med-gel. Now that's the best of both worlds (why can't many games do this?) There are more varieties of weapons, and the customization is quite deep.

Now here is where we get to the most controversial thing about the game...the endings. First, DOWNLOAD THE EXTENDED CUT, or you'll get mad. And that's it, you can put your anger to rest. The Extended Cut won't change the endings, but will expand on them. The ending I chose was really emotional, it wrapped up everything, and it was satisfying (thanks to the Extended Cut hehe)

Never touched multiplayer yet, but that just a bonus. Besides nobody plays Mass Effect for multiplayer, so why start now?

Yes, Shepard will talk most of the time, but you still have the power to direct your story. And as long as you have the Extended Cut, there one of the endings ought to satisfy you. Thank you, Commander Shepard, the galaxy salutes you.
  13. Dec 28, 2013
    Woah! Hold on! There seem to be a whole lot of 10 scores and 0 scores for this game implying it's either the best game ever or the worst. It's neither.

Most players giving it a big fat zero are doing so because it didn't live up to the high bar set by ME2, and also that they hated the ending. This doesn't make it a terrible game and using this review thread to vent disappointment in this way is inappropriate.

So the review:

The game is a massive sprawling sci-fi epic, blending RPG elements with shooter game play. For the most part it works very well. The characters are interesting, the story is compelling and the game play is easy enough for noobs and just tough enough for the hardcore gamer. I really enjoyed playing this game and I'm looking forward to ME4, but it's not as good as ME2 and this is where the complainers have a point:

The story, character development, RPG elements and the ending in ME2 were all much better. Better story, script, characters and a big set piece ending. ME3 discarded much of the fine work in ME2 for a faster pace which left less room for character, nuance and story in favour of a more accessible game for newcomers. Many suspect this was at the hands of EA, but whatever the reason it does diminish the great work done in ME2.

I personally enjoyed the ending, but I understand those that didn't. Bioware raised gamers expectations too high and failed to deliver the story and ending that diehard fans were hoping for.

Many of these diehard fans hated the fact that a multiplayer element was added, but it's for this reason that I raised the score from 6 to 8 because the multiplayer game is fantastic. A very simple co-op shooter but so well executed and addictive that I'm still playing it 18 months after the launch!!! Yes it has a few bugs, but name any modern game that doesn't.

Still a great game, but I hope BW learns some lessons for ME4 which is at the top of my wishlist.
  14. Dec 26, 2013
    Enjoyed it....having played mass effect 1+2 I'd say this game improved on gameplay that's why I'm rating it an 8 JUST for gameplay its not perfect but it is fun. sound effects are top notch,as for story....uhh its rushed and the extended cut dlc ending should of been here in the first place,not that it makes any difference.....if u play games for ,well, playing games u will enjoy mass effect 3
  15. Dec 8, 2013
    A marvelous game damaged only by a sup-par ending, Mass Effect 3 is one of the most significant games of this generation. The combat is now is now truly enjoyable, and the added customization is appreciated.
    Overall, there's a reason the critic reviews are radically different than the user reviews: critics are paid to make thoughtful, accurate reviews, while some users seem to mindlessly give "0's" because they didn't like 1% of the game.
  16. Oct 21, 2013
    Im a huge fan of the ME series I've beaten all three games multiple times but if I had to pick my least favorite it would have to be the this one. For one reason and one reason only the ending. When I chose my ending I wasn't satisfied. So I looked up other ones and realized that their all the same. It made me feel like what I chose did't matter at all.
  17. Sep 27, 2013
    How in earth could the user score for Mass Effect 3 could be mediocre which is only 5.0. Seriously, it should be way more around 8 to 8.8. This game offers great graphics, storyline and many more mindblowing stuff. The cutscenes are cool. Its the Game of The Year for 2012 for the PS3. Its metascore also should be around 94-96. Mass Effect 3 beats out Mass Effect 2. EA's best release. ItHow in earth could the user score for Mass Effect 3 could be mediocre which is only 5.0. Seriously, it should be way more around 8 to 8.8. This game offers great graphics, storyline and many more mindblowing stuff. The cutscenes are cool. Its the Game of The Year for 2012 for the PS3. Its metascore also should be around 94-96. Mass Effect 3 beats out Mass Effect 2. EA's best release. It mets up all the expectations set.Whoever gives it a low score should be haters of either EA or the Mass Effect series. Expand
  18. Sep 10, 2013
    I love the mass effect franchise but that ending just pissed me off and really didn't explain the child Shepard was seeing and how Shepard's eyes turn blue in the blue and green ending but not the red ending proving he has been indoctrinated but all and all this game was an awesome adventure
  19. Aug 13, 2013
    A worthy conclusion to the Mass Effect series as a whole. Aside from the lack of choice and plot-holes near the end, which was later fixed with free DLC, this was by far the greatest gaming experience ever!
  20. Jul 19, 2013
    First of all I've never actually played the game. BUT! Since its release I've had so much fun reading the reviews I honestly believes it DESERVES a 10/10 score. Every time I feel down or bored I come on Metacritic and feel alive again! I think Bioware never realised it but they invented the Mass Comedy genre in a night. Some of the reviews here are pure gold. Seek for the "fistula" one,First of all I've never actually played the game. BUT! Since its release I've had so much fun reading the reviews I honestly believes it DESERVES a 10/10 score. Every time I feel down or bored I come on Metacritic and feel alive again! I think Bioware never realised it but they invented the Mass Comedy genre in a night. Some of the reviews here are pure gold. Seek for the "fistula" one, it's left-hemospheric exo-plasmatic. To all the reviewers here, a HUGE thank you! You made this game awesome! :D Expand
  21. Jul 10, 2013
    the game is cool and fan
    ~jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
  22. Jul 10, 2013
    Yes, the ending is bad. We have to keep in mind that the ending is about 20-30 mins long where the game is 25+hours long (only singe player). If the ending was epic this game would easily been 10/10. The story is about uniting the galaxy and it is presented in an awesome way. The gameplay is vastly improved in me3, combat fast and satisfying, weapon variety is also welcomed. TheYes, the ending is bad. We have to keep in mind that the ending is about 20-30 mins long where the game is 25+hours long (only singe player). If the ending was epic this game would easily been 10/10. The story is about uniting the galaxy and it is presented in an awesome way. The gameplay is vastly improved in me3, combat fast and satisfying, weapon variety is also welcomed. The mutiplayer is very strong with huge amount of depth. With 5 free multiplayer dlc's bioware has done a great fan service. These mutiplayer packs added characters, weapons, maps, platinum difficulty and new enemy faction. Mass Effect series is truly a master piece. Expand
  23. Jul 8, 2013
    It is an excellent game, a fitting end to the story of Commander Shepard. The only downside is that the original ending is difficult to understand, and leaves many questions in the air and you have no other need to download the extended ending (when download was free, not now). But if you download the Extended Final, and if you can buy the DLC (recommended in my opinion), the game is aIt is an excellent game, a fitting end to the story of Commander Shepard. The only downside is that the original ending is difficult to understand, and leaves many questions in the air and you have no other need to download the extended ending (when download was free, not now). But if you download the Extended Final, and if you can buy the DLC (recommended in my opinion), the game is a masterpiece, and certainly the best of this console generation.

Es un excelente juego, un digno final a la historia de la Comandante Shepard. La unica pega es que el final original es dificil de entender, y deja muchas dudas al aire, y no te queda de otra que descargar el final extendido (que cuando descargue era gratuito, no se ahora). Pero si descargas el Final Extendido, y si puedes compras los DLC (recomendados en mi opinion), el juego es una obra maestra, y sin duda de los mejores de esta generacion de consola.
  24. Jun 14, 2013
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Look at all these haters for hating on a game. If you hate the ending, I doubt that this game is scores 0 because of that. Man, these people are retards.
  25. Jun 4, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 plays just as great as ME2, but I feel the story was lacking in places and didn't give that same sense of urgency that the 2nd one truely captured. But the gameplay and dialogue once again got me hooked and till the very end I was dreading the fate of Command Shepard who I have come to love throughout the trilogy.
  26. May 18, 2013
    Its easily the Best Game of 2012 i really enjoyed and liked every minute, Yes even the ending was great i nearly cried and this is the only game what could make me cry.Finally not a dissapointment boring always fairy tale happy ending.
  27. May 17, 2013
    This game is great. One of the best games ive ever played. You guys are just mad at the ending. This game does not deserves all the hate it is getting. Easily a ten in my book.
  28. May 16, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. You may have heard some people are upset at the ending, but nothing can ruin what an thrill it was to go through the game, catch up with old characters, and have some inspirational moments I will never forget. Don't just play Mass Effect 3, play ME1, ME2, AND ME3. It definitely the most impressive gaming experience I've ever had.
  29. Apr 27, 2013
    While the ending was questionable, I feel Mass Effect 3 is my favourite Mass Effect game. The tension are stakes are ramped up through the game as you see the extent of the Reaper's damage, and levels reflect this. Once again characters are beautifully written, and each moment pays off. Gameplay is smooth and intuitive, it flows well and for once all the powers do something. Multiplayer isWhile the ending was questionable, I feel Mass Effect 3 is my favourite Mass Effect game. The tension are stakes are ramped up through the game as you see the extent of the Reaper's damage, and levels reflect this. Once again characters are beautifully written, and each moment pays off. Gameplay is smooth and intuitive, it flows well and for once all the powers do something. Multiplayer is also really fun, and the rewards encourage you to play more. Playing as other races is also enjoyable, and the free DLC is much appreciated. Expand
  30. Apr 23, 2013
    What else can be said? One of the greatest stories in the history of the video game industry came to an end. Whether or not you loved the ending (I personally did not), you cannot argue that the adventure of the trilogy didn’t give you one of the best experiences in your gaming life. When I first put in the disc, nay when ME3 was first announced, I would have sworn to you that this wouldWhat else can be said? One of the greatest stories in the history of the video game industry came to an end. Whether or not you loved the ending (I personally did not), you cannot argue that the adventure of the trilogy didn’t give you one of the best experiences in your gaming life. When I first put in the disc, nay when ME3 was first announced, I would have sworn to you that this would be getting my 2012 Game of the Year vote, but sitting pretty here at #4 only shows that this was indeed incredible. The perfect blend of RPG and Shooter is a concoction that so many strive for, but a tale of characters I care about while in a vast, enveloping world make it transcend it’s near flawless gameplay. Expand
  31. Apr 21, 2013
    this an awesome game for every mass effect fan the storyline is solid and the multiplayer is fun but i wont talk about the ending just play the game and enjoy it
  32. Mar 19, 2013
    OK, so the ending isn't "omg ur awesome here trophy." That doesn't change the fact that this is one of the most immersive, emotionally demanding games ever produced. There are 2 minute snips of overheard dialogue on the Citadel that carry more emotional weight than 95% of games produced today. If you play games for their story this game simply cannot be matched. If you play games forOK, so the ending isn't "omg ur awesome here trophy." That doesn't change the fact that this is one of the most immersive, emotionally demanding games ever produced. There are 2 minute snips of overheard dialogue on the Citadel that carry more emotional weight than 95% of games produced today. If you play games for their story this game simply cannot be matched. If you play games for action there are some very demanding fights and the bellow of the Reapers as they do their best to annihilate you is straight up terrifying. Considering how easy it is to get this game for $15 or so right now, you'd be insane to let the people who didn't like the ending keep you from playing it. Expand
  33. Mar 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm glad critics judged this game. It was great in every aspect. the combat was refined, the faces looked more lively. The ending had maybe two explainable plot holes, but they are minor and are easily over sought. Some complaints were the ending was too dark. The ending killed Shepherd, but his actions saved the galaxy, which leads to complaint two. People feel their actions just make no difference from the previous games. But point one, if specific characters are dead from me2, than that adds a different character we haven't seen in their place. Point two, your choices will not matter, why? because this isn't ultimately about Commander Shepard, it is about galactic safety. Whether you saved the citadel or not, will not matter at the end of the game because the whole plot of getting the reapers is bigger than that. Overall the game play is way better, there are more weapons and suit upgrades, and many emotional turns, had you played the game the whole series. Expand
  34. Mar 15, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 is a game that obviously caused a lot of controversy when it released last year due to it's bad ending, I agree that the ending was bad but I don't think it took enough away from the game for me as I was really enjoying the game up to the last 20 minutes. The gameplay is great with fast paced combat and the story is interesting with some great choices to be made throughoutMass Effect 3 is a game that obviously caused a lot of controversy when it released last year due to it's bad ending, I agree that the ending was bad but I don't think it took enough away from the game for me as I was really enjoying the game up to the last 20 minutes. The gameplay is great with fast paced combat and the story is interesting with some great choices to be made throughout the game, It's a good game, The ending was obviously very disappointing for a lot of fans and rightly so, But the Mass Effect Trilogy still has some of the best story and characters of this generation and should not be missed, download the Extended Cut DLC which will soften the blow a bit even though it is still a pretty lackluster ending even with it. Expand
  35. Mar 14, 2013
    As someone who hasn't played the first two games my question was: can I still enjoy Mass Effect 3? The answer is: yes! Sure, "everyone" said I would miss out on so much depth and I wouldn't be able to understand all the connections to various characters. To be honest, I didn't care and just took it for what it was. Which is: the universe is threathened by a group called "the reapers" andAs someone who hasn't played the first two games my question was: can I still enjoy Mass Effect 3? The answer is: yes! Sure, "everyone" said I would miss out on so much depth and I wouldn't be able to understand all the connections to various characters. To be honest, I didn't care and just took it for what it was. Which is: the universe is threathened by a group called "the reapers" and it's up to you to stop them. Simple as that. Whatever I don't understand I just leave it at that, it's not that important. I use my imagination and come up with more or less plausible back stories instead. I haven't finished the game just yet but I feel I'm getting there. I really like how the Mass Effect universe feels like. I like travelling between stars and planets and I like the missions. There's not too much of the "do this 100 times" missions, which usually are common i RPG:s. I will keep this review short and just add one more thing. The choices you make and how they affect the outcome. Since I haven't even finished the game once I can't say how much my choices really affects the game, but what's relevant is that I FEEL like my choices matter. It's all I could ask for. However I get the feeling that some choices I made early on was more important than the ones I've made more recently. And finally, the multiplayer (survival mode) is really enjoyable. At least when you play with friends. Expand
  36. Mar 7, 2013
    I really enjoyed this return to the series. Very rarely do I play a whole series of games, but this one kept me in. 56 hours of play reported against this one, so they must have done something right!

The same quality of story and voices seems to have been maintained throughout this chapter. Well done bioware.
  37. Mar 5, 2013
    People need to get over ending and stop trashing a game that is clearly 9 out of 10. Great Suspense, and great story, ending could have been better but when factoring that the ending contained cut scenes and not just screen caps with text, i think it is well worth it. Honestly if you want the full experience, buy the trilogy and wait for all the DLC to be released. It is a fun ride, wellPeople need to get over ending and stop trashing a game that is clearly 9 out of 10. Great Suspense, and great story, ending could have been better but when factoring that the ending contained cut scenes and not just screen caps with text, i think it is well worth it. Honestly if you want the full experience, buy the trilogy and wait for all the DLC to be released. It is a fun ride, well worth the purchase... Expand
  38. Feb 22, 2013
    Despite alot of criticism, Mass Effect 3 remains one of the greatest rpg/fps games available, the ending really angered me, but after Bioware dlc was released for an extended ending i believe it to be better. Not perfect but better. As a hardcore fan of the franchise i have played each game several times with different outcomes and the choices you make have huge impact on the story.Despite alot of criticism, Mass Effect 3 remains one of the greatest rpg/fps games available, the ending really angered me, but after Bioware dlc was released for an extended ending i believe it to be better. Not perfect but better. As a hardcore fan of the franchise i have played each game several times with different outcomes and the choices you make have huge impact on the story. Despite alot of criticism this is a personal favourite. 8.5/10 Expand
  39. Feb 19, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 was an amazing game and an excellent ending to the trilogy. At first the ending was a little disappointing but not enough to ruin the game for me, and with the Ending Content DLC it was improved significantly. I look forward to the next game to see where Bioware takes it.
  40. Feb 19, 2013
    Sorry to join one of the two extremist camps, but this game is absolutely brilliant, and much of that is due to what the majority of haters...well, hate. The ending is, in fact, BRILLIANT, which is because, as many of your know, the Indoctrination Theory is true. The Extended Cut DLC supports it. Go watch any of Julian Kluk's thoughtful documentaries on YouTube or CleverNoob.com; he hasSorry to join one of the two extremist camps, but this game is absolutely brilliant, and much of that is due to what the majority of haters...well, hate. The ending is, in fact, BRILLIANT, which is because, as many of your know, the Indoctrination Theory is true. The Extended Cut DLC supports it. Go watch any of Julian Kluk's thoughtful documentaries on YouTube or CleverNoob.com; he has 4 1/2 hours of footage supporting it, and it's incredibly convincing and makes disbelieving the Theory more illogical and ignorant than ANY "wrong" endings critics think Bioware made.

Therefore, with a risky, smart, and artistic ending, on TOP of the best story, emotion, and mechanics in the series yet, how can you have anything but a masterpiece?
  41. Feb 7, 2013
    People didn't like Mass Effect 3 because the ending was different from what they expected. Yeah, the ending was a bit of a bummer, but they (eventually) released FREE DLC that fixed that. If you are undecided still on ME3, I recommend that you check it out. It has some top notch characters and development, it has some great voice-acting and some great missions, but the combat IS slightlyPeople didn't like Mass Effect 3 because the ending was different from what they expected. Yeah, the ending was a bit of a bummer, but they (eventually) released FREE DLC that fixed that. If you are undecided still on ME3, I recommend that you check it out. It has some top notch characters and development, it has some great voice-acting and some great missions, but the combat IS slightly repetitive. For £15-20 you can buy it now, so I'd check it out. Expand
  42. Feb 4, 2013
    I have played mass effect 2 and I can tell you that people that give this game a low score are just stupid fanboys who are 13 years old and judge the game by its ending. The game is a huge improvement from Mass Effect 2. The combat is hugely improved and everything feels more fresh to me. The level up system is more logic and more fun allowing you to experiment more. ME 2 was sometimesI have played mass effect 2 and I can tell you that people that give this game a low score are just stupid fanboys who are 13 years old and judge the game by its ending. The game is a huge improvement from Mass Effect 2. The combat is hugely improved and everything feels more fresh to me. The level up system is more logic and more fun allowing you to experiment more. ME 2 was sometimes getting boring because there wasn't a lot of guns. Here you have more than thirty guns and each gun class has class mods! Its more fun to create gun based on your playstyle. The combat is a HUGE improvement. When I played ME 2 I felt like a robot on a battlefield that was all stiff and moved like a dummy. ME 3 complete opposite. u can jump,leap,do a roll, YOU JUST feel like a human! And this game has a multiplayer too!. Dont listen to the negative user reviews and buy this excellent game. Expand
  43. Jan 29, 2013
    I don't understand why everybody is complaining about this game. I bought the CE last year and never played the game. So 2 weeks ago the ME3 CE box stared at me me and said: "You bought me to stand around here or are you going to play me?". So I started playing ME 3 and I liked it, I liked it a lot. The second day of playing I went to PSN and bought all DLC because I really had a goodI don't understand why everybody is complaining about this game. I bought the CE last year and never played the game. So 2 weeks ago the ME3 CE box stared at me me and said: "You bought me to stand around here or are you going to play me?". So I started playing ME 3 and I liked it, I liked it a lot. The second day of playing I went to PSN and bought all DLC because I really had a good time. I would give it a 9 but now i give it a 10 to somewhat correct the absurd low scores. Expand
  44. Jan 6, 2013
    Well for me the Mass Effect Trilogy is an absolute triumph despite all the fuss about the end. If you ask me the end is suited to a great story and it doesn't came bad at all by the contrary. It makes you choose and live with that decision. Bioware made a master piece which i sincerely hope to see it portrayed in film. It's a first class story and a first class game. Oh and i'm totallyWell for me the Mass Effect Trilogy is an absolute triumph despite all the fuss about the end. If you ask me the end is suited to a great story and it doesn't came bad at all by the contrary. It makes you choose and live with that decision. Bioware made a master piece which i sincerely hope to see it portrayed in film. It's a first class story and a first class game. Oh and i'm totally engaged in this multiplayer. Original and addictive. Expand
  45. Jan 5, 2013
    Mass Effect 3...a stunning masterpiece is what i would call it. It improves on all levels. Combat, Story, and missions. Even the well integrated Multiplayer is a blast, especially with friends. Combat is much more smooth and flexible along with the missions. Though some may be linear, they have well design in thought. Now to the story...this is the core of Mass Effect. Mass Effect 3Mass Effect 3...a stunning masterpiece is what i would call it. It improves on all levels. Combat, Story, and missions. Even the well integrated Multiplayer is a blast, especially with friends. Combat is much more smooth and flexible along with the missions. Though some may be linear, they have well design in thought. Now to the story...this is the core of Mass Effect. Mass Effect 3 delivers as one of the best sci-fi games of all time. Along with one of the best trilogy's of all time. It is truly a epic, emotional blast to go through. The ending to Mass Effect 3 mixed some confusion but as my opinion i believe Bioware has fixed it with Extended Cut. Which is free to download. Mass Effect is a Awesome game and well deserving as the top 5 of this year. Expand
  46. Jan 1, 2013
    In fact, we are closing a saga, a Shepard's Saga. The ending not commits the entire game. We have a great history, great characters... A great new world. Everything is so close to be perfect. We cant forget to look for to the new storyline-game that Bioware gave to us. Great controls (we have a great evolution from Mass Effect 2), graphics and story. The best of 2012 for Playstation 3.
  47. Jan 1, 2013
    The game is awesome!!! If you really want to feel the game, you have to start from the first or second Mass Effect. If you only buy Masss Effect 3 and make an SLOPPY walkthrough you will not like he ending.
    All the game trilogy is awesome. The people that says the ending sucks are kids or ignorant, because they really didn't try to understand how DEEP the game actually is, they just played the game and made decisions they didn't understand and got a **** ending.
  48. Dec 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you ignore the ending, Mass Effect 3 is the best game of the series. The combat, the decision making, the interactions with the game's characters are all top notch. Bioware removed the tedious planet exploring/scanning from previous games, and ensured that side quests are actually fun to play. The choices you make in-game have enormous and satisfying effects on the game's story right up until the games ending. It's this ending that has so many players up in arms against the title. I personally think that most people are over reacting. It's not that bad, in fact, it's actually pretty good if you look at it like any other game. It's artistic, it's satisfying and it sums up and ties off the series' story. The problem is that it barely changes depending on what you've done in the past three games and that's what people were looking forward to most. The only thing the game takes into account during the ending is your galactic readiness score which varies only slightly depending on what choices you've made. This is disappointing, but I wouldn't say it's a game breaker. And the rest of the game more than makes up for it. If you buy this game I would recommend also downloading the extended cut. This helps flesh out the ending a little more. Also, enjoy the game as you're playing through it, don't get you're hopes up on the end. Expand
  49. Dec 20, 2012
    Very enjoyable! I gave ME1 a 7, ME2 a 9 and this one a 8. For those with complains about the end, go read Dune Cycle from Frank Herbert, the last book is about the same, you don't get any answers, you're maybe a little pissed off but hell, you just want more! Dune was a success and so this title is in my mind. However, what disappointed me is that it look like my choices don't have muchVery enjoyable! I gave ME1 a 7, ME2 a 9 and this one a 8. For those with complains about the end, go read Dune Cycle from Frank Herbert, the last book is about the same, you don't get any answers, you're maybe a little pissed off but hell, you just want more! Dune was a success and so this title is in my mind. However, what disappointed me is that it look like my choices don't have much impact in the end on what happen in-game... but I didn't realize it before read it over the internet, so maybe the replay value is a less than it could be, but playing it was as I said, very enjoyable. Expand
  50. Dec 9, 2012
    Its nice to see how a game can make you care about how it ends. Ive played all mass effects and this game is a full ending which you never truly want to end, and when it does you get upset because you love the characters you love the story, and when it doesn't end the way you in-visioned it, it changes your perspective. Just because the game ends, doesn't mean your story didn't matter...Its nice to see how a game can make you care about how it ends. Ive played all mass effects and this game is a full ending which you never truly want to end, and when it does you get upset because you love the characters you love the story, and when it doesn't end the way you in-visioned it, it changes your perspective. Just because the game ends, doesn't mean your story didn't matter... this game is great, but i didn't want it to end at all if i must be honest. But in the end, the conclusion to the mass effect trilogy was done right. Expand
  51. Nov 24, 2012
    One of the most Greatest and Experiencble Games I've Ever played. The Great Story, Characters, Choices and Everything. Though having a small number squad members, but large number of weapons, This game has everything than mass effect 2. So your gonna love this game only if you import a save file.
  52. Nov 8, 2012
    One of the best games ever released. The combat, the interaction, the decision making that changed the game, the story, and even the ability to develop modern relationships made this my personal all-time favorite video game. For the group of people who are giving this game a low rating based only on the last 5 minutes of the game: Seriously? Numerous hours of incredible game play, andOne of the best games ever released. The combat, the interaction, the decision making that changed the game, the story, and even the ability to develop modern relationships made this my personal all-time favorite video game. For the group of people who are giving this game a low rating based only on the last 5 minutes of the game: Seriously? Numerous hours of incredible game play, and you're whining about the last 5 minutes? It's not a movie, people. I can respect everyone's opinion, but these posts are the equivalent of saying, "I'm divorcing my wife after 10 incredibly wonderful years because she pissed me off yesterday." Expand
  53. Oct 30, 2012
    Simple the best video game of the history! Improved graphics (both for characters and environment), the music absolutely match to the game. The action part of the game well balanced. It is good to see Shepard and his/her old friends in action and in interaction. The atmosphere of the game also reflects how big burden is on Shepard's shoulder. But the best part for me is the Story again.Simple the best video game of the history! Improved graphics (both for characters and environment), the music absolutely match to the game. The action part of the game well balanced. It is good to see Shepard and his/her old friends in action and in interaction. The atmosphere of the game also reflects how big burden is on Shepard's shoulder. But the best part for me is the Story again. There are a lot of critics because of the ending of the game. Considering the extended cut DLC the ending is Ok for me. Maybe not so strong than the whole game but it is still good. I recommend the ME trilogy for those who likes the sci-fi and wants more than a simple action game. Expand
  54. Oct 30, 2012
    I think most of the the negative ratings are because the ending, and lesser dialogue. First at all, do people forget everything what happens before the ending? Is that the reason why Mass Effect 3 became from awesome to awfull in just a few seconds? If you review ME3 based on its ending, then you should learn to review. The controls and actions feel better in ME3 than the previous ME's,I think most of the the negative ratings are because the ending, and lesser dialogue. First at all, do people forget everything what happens before the ending? Is that the reason why Mass Effect 3 became from awesome to awfull in just a few seconds? If you review ME3 based on its ending, then you should learn to review. The controls and actions feel better in ME3 than the previous ME's, there is more action, but what do you expect if you're at war with an almost invincible race? That you gonna do some side missions at the citadel to gain someone's loyality? No. Don't get me wrong, I loved ME1 & 2 as well, but there were too many side missions compared to actual main story missions. Based on your decisions, your fleet number increases, the fleet you're going to bring with you when you take Earth back. Bioware rewards people with more War Assets when they do small extra things, for example, complete the iPad game, or play Multiplayer to gain readiness. The multiplayer is a 4 player co-op, you can use several kind of characters, each with its specific powers. All MP DLC's so far are free and every weekend there is a bounty weekend where you need to complete an objective, to get an extra reward. Expand
  55. Oct 30, 2012
    allthough the ending wasn't what many would be looking for, this is still the fantastic ending to one of the greatest video game series of our time. You the man shepard
  56. Oct 28, 2012
    Despite everyone **** about the ending. This game, stand-alone, is an awesome game. I've never played through a more rich universe, only enhanced by the previous games. Even without the Extended Cut, this game is worth every penny.
  57. Oct 28, 2012
    Loved it loved it.... LOVED IT. MASS EFFECT 3 IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME! ALL TIME! TIME! IME. ME. MASS EFFECT. M. MMM. THIS GAME MAKES ME GO 'MMM'. Miranda's ass alone is a enough reason to buy this game.
  58. Oct 10, 2012
    Macnificent game the other people just have no taste!!!! One of my top 3 best games ever played!Graphically superb! Great story line! Loved it!!!!:-) I hope the movie is close I as good as this!
  59. Oct 9, 2012
    It makes me sad to see so many haters. So what if Bioware didn't make a perfect game like we were all expecting? Yes Mass effect 3 has flaws, like a terrible ending to a beloved trilogy. But it has given us much more: hours and hours of gameplay, acción/RPG gameplay, stellar Voice acting/ script, tons of side missions and exploring, lovable/likable/crappy characters, beautifulIt makes me sad to see so many haters. So what if Bioware didn't make a perfect game like we were all expecting? Yes Mass effect 3 has flaws, like a terrible ending to a beloved trilogy. But it has given us much more: hours and hours of gameplay, acción/RPG gameplay, stellar Voice acting/ script, tons of side missions and exploring, lovable/likable/crappy characters, beautiful worlds and lore, dinamic battle system with different classes that totally change the way we play as Shepard, female and male Shepard ( how many games do that). I could go on and on, writing pages about what's to love about mass effect 3, but I guess we all know that. Bioware tried they gave us "Extended Cut" DLC, so yes The Finale was a HUGE dissapointment but we can't turn our back or our heart to the whole trilogy. Once in a lifetime does a Trilogy end like it should, only Back to the Future and Star Wars Return of the Jedi did it right. Matrix 3, Robocop 3, Lord of the Rings 3, all failed. Mass Effect 3 was a bittersweet end to an Epic and memorable Trilogy, perfection is hard to reach in this modern day competitive world and Mass Effect came so close. They set the bar really High with ME 1 and ME2. Thanks for trying Bioware,you succeded in creating a pop world social sensation. Expand
  60. Oct 6, 2012
    Overall, this game delivers most of what it promised. This game (and series, for that matter) offers one of the greatest experiences in terms of story and character development. There were two moments in the game where I literally found myself crying. Yes, the ending was a bit of a disappointment and didn't necessarily offer the closure I was hoping for, but every moment leading up to thatOverall, this game delivers most of what it promised. This game (and series, for that matter) offers one of the greatest experiences in terms of story and character development. There were two moments in the game where I literally found myself crying. Yes, the ending was a bit of a disappointment and didn't necessarily offer the closure I was hoping for, but every moment leading up to that ending was nothing short of brilliant. I almost never give perfect scores to games, but, had the ending been a bit more satisfying, this game would have received a 10 in my book. Expand
  61. Sep 30, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an amazing game, the narrative is deep and the rpg elements are rewarding.. The game is easy to sink hours into and will quickly become your go to game for quite awhile. This is a great game, I would highly recommend buying it.
  62. Sep 29, 2012
    I assumed the internet was overreacting about the ending. However, after investing so much time and emotion into the series, I did end up feeling I deserved something better. However, up until the end, it is an incredible game - full of amazing moments and fantastic ideas. From the epic background action of the first missions to the innovative sonic ideas in the final push, I wasI assumed the internet was overreacting about the ending. However, after investing so much time and emotion into the series, I did end up feeling I deserved something better. However, up until the end, it is an incredible game - full of amazing moments and fantastic ideas. From the epic background action of the first missions to the innovative sonic ideas in the final push, I was frequently just saying "wow" and being completely blown away. The multi-player is solid and fun, but I didn't think it was necessary - and I slightly resented being forced to play it to influence the single-player game. Anyway, basically, it's a very, very good game that could have been 10/10 if it wasn't for the slightly fumbled ending. Expand
  63. Sep 6, 2012
    The most controversial game for whether the disappointing ending or the satisfying finale . I can't argue more the ending by their different views but what is behind the full package is a worthy trip . The game-play feels like a normal shooter , with a very fluid combat system , better melee feel and the violent sounds of the guns that doesn't sound like the typical * peew * * peew * ofThe most controversial game for whether the disappointing ending or the satisfying finale . I can't argue more the ending by their different views but what is behind the full package is a worthy trip . The game-play feels like a normal shooter , with a very fluid combat system , better melee feel and the violent sounds of the guns that doesn't sound like the typical * peew * * peew * of franchises like Star Wars . Graphically seems more superior than the previous entry and it offers a more intense story-line thanks to the overused Reaper name in the last episodes . The added cut-scenes only brings a little more detail in what happened in certain parts but it isn't something that will blow your sucks off . With the multiplayer dominating this videogame landscapes, ME3 doesn't get behind either but don't expect to be better than other shooters , is simply odd and weird for a RPG game . Try ME3 if you really think it will satisfy you and read many reviews as you can to be sure if this " resolution " will add you peace for your Sheppard or frustration after saving the world countless of times. Expand
  64. Sep 5, 2012
    I really love this game, the single player was so awesome and mind blowing, that in the end it really, really made cry for the first time in 12 years, it sucked me into the game's story, and it didn't let me go.

Despite what other people say, this is really a game for Bioware to be proud of, I'm going to stay loyal to this series, they tried new things, and thats what they need to do, some people just cant stand changes or new thing, Deal with it, the time is still ticking, and you cannot expect company's to stop experimenting on new features. I really saw the game tech evolve into something more nice and powerful, and it apparently did because i got blown away by not only the story, but also by the awesome effects, the awesome game play, and the awesome, voice acting!

In short this i a must have, you need to like that the games will *Evolve* to be able get more and more awesome then it is now.

If you don't like new stuff, sorry but then your really out dated..
    The added the extended cut to make you able to make more choices, and they did, so stop whining, or GTFO.

10/10 Cant wait for the next related game!

@ bioware: Great job, i'm still a fan, and i always will, just ignore the whining people, think the ending sucked, that makes it a invalid statement, because you really make be cry, and I'm not even kidding..
  65. Sep 3, 2012
    I love the coolness of a pc game-title o n my ps3. I almost feel like a hardcore gamer when playing this game. It looks and plays almost a s good as it does on a real pc system. Crap I don't have 3GB video-memory like they do though. Maybe when I'm good all year I will have a cool system in a year!
  66. Aug 21, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 manages to reach the greatness of its predecessors, and surpass it.
    All in all, the culmination of the Mass Effect trilogy is not only the pinnacle of the series, but the best game of all time.
  67. Aug 19, 2012
    Mass effect 3 is great. Don't let angry self righteous gamers discourage you from playing this game. There is a reason why all the critics rate this game so high. The graphics, story, and game play are great. I've only been playing the since 2, but this game doesn't disappoint. It isn't perfect, but it's great. Must play series, and with the update there is no reason you shouldn't play it.
  68. Aug 11, 2012
    This game is what you expect from a mass effect game and more, which is awesome. The only reason it isnt a ten is because of the ending, which isn't too bad, but enough to make people give it zero's and low scores on metacritic. If you like the series, buy this game, but be warned, the last ten minutes you probably wont like.
  69. Aug 10, 2012
    A wonderful game with a huge story full of actions, emotions and surprises. The hardiest thing is like a great novel, to be able to tell yourself, at the end of the game "yes this is really the end of this story". Thanks Bioware.

Un jeu merveilleux avec une histoire énorme pleine d'action d'émotions et de surprise. Le plus difficile, comme avec les bon roman, c'est de pouvoir se dire "oui, c'est bien la fin de cette histoire". Merci Bioware
  70. Aug 2, 2012
    ARE YOU SERIOUS PEOPLE! You can't give a game a terrible score just because you didn't like how it ended. I will agree that overall it isn't as good as Mass Effect 2. But, there is not excuse for giving zeroes to this game. I'm going to give it a ten to try to balance it out. It really deserves an 8.5, which is a solid score. All of these reviews are just angry people who reviewed the gameARE YOU SERIOUS PEOPLE! You can't give a game a terrible score just because you didn't like how it ended. I will agree that overall it isn't as good as Mass Effect 2. But, there is not excuse for giving zeroes to this game. I'm going to give it a ten to try to balance it out. It really deserves an 8.5, which is a solid score. All of these reviews are just angry people who reviewed the game 5 minutes after finishing it and are full of emotion. The amount of zeroes shows how much emotion the game brought out. It is very rare to see a game that has this much of an effect on people, which is a tribute to the writing of the game. I would say this game is definitely a must have for anyone who has played and finished Mass Effect 2. Also, the new ending DLC is out now, so you can pretty much disregard over half of the reviews on metacritic. Expand
  71. Jul 28, 2012
    The Mass Effect trilogy is just amazing and Mass Effect 3 is one of my favorite games ever. It shines in every single aspect but one: the ending. Sadly, this outstanding game was slightly ruined by an inconsistent ending. Anyways, the whole experience is really great, and everyone should give it a try.
  72. Jul 25, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is possibly the greatest game I have had the pleasure of playing. The story line is outstanding, best I've ever seen in a game. Game play is great as well but what's really amazing is the story, I just loved it from beginning to end; especially the end, it was great! It is an addictive game, I enjoyed playing it and it was easy to adapt to the controls. I also loved it'sMass Effect 3 is possibly the greatest game I have had the pleasure of playing. The story line is outstanding, best I've ever seen in a game. Game play is great as well but what's really amazing is the story, I just loved it from beginning to end; especially the end, it was great! It is an addictive game, I enjoyed playing it and it was easy to adapt to the controls. I also loved it's features and the interruption ability half way though some of the conversation or game play, very nice. My rating was a 10 without hesitation. Expand
  73. Jul 24, 2012
    Well one of the best gaming series ever has come to an end. When I first got my hands on the game I immediatly notices differences from the second game. The first of course is the graphics. Although they don't compare to the those of Uncharted, Gears of War, and Crysis they are still good in their own way. The next thing I noticed is new animations. This is good because in a lot of sequelsWell one of the best gaming series ever has come to an end. When I first got my hands on the game I immediatly notices differences from the second game. The first of course is the graphics. Although they don't compare to the those of Uncharted, Gears of War, and Crysis they are still good in their own way. The next thing I noticed is new animations. This is good because in a lot of sequels devs will recycle the same animation. I got to the story and it was extremely good no suprise there. The gameplay was great, weapons where awesome, and the characters where likeable. The multiplayer isn't that great to be honest. It seem like something they tacked on to add more to the game. Although the free DLC is a bonus it isn't much of a plus. Now here comes the ending drama. (Please note that I am writng this review after the extended cut dlc). This part of the game has gathered a lot of negative feedback. The ending by far was good. The main thing I have a problem with is what Bioware promised. The ending didn't have much variety in them. Also your decisions really don't have zero effect on the ending as well which is a huge let down. Overall this is an amazing game but if you where a fan from the begining them you will feel disapointed at the end. That doesn't take away from the game though. It does so much good that it heavily out weighs the bad. Mass Effect 3 is a 9/10 if they would have got the ending right it would have been a master piece. Expand
  74. Jul 16, 2012
    This game had tons of hype to live up to. After the astounding experience that was Mass Effect 2, Bioware was tasked with making a final game that would knock everyone's socks off. And it came so close.

For newcomers to the Mass Effect franchise, the year is 2183, and you play as Commander Shepard, a soldier getting ready to lead the galaxy in a fight against a race of super-machines known as the Reapers, who harvest all advanced civilizations every 50,000 years. Your decisions from Mass Effect 2 will carry over, so I suggest you get that first, as it is a slightly better game.

Where this game is strong is gameplay. The shooter element has been revamped, with new movements in and out of cover, more ladders and the ability to jump off short drops. This does add a bit of smoothness to the gameplay, especially the cover movement. Another part of gameplay is the dialogue, where you select your answer using the left analog stick. In this it felt.... A bit less natural. In Mass Effect 2 it felt so much more organic with random options, while in this game there was a lot of just "Good/Bad/Details" choices. But Mass Effect 2 is a very high standard to compare it to, so Mass Effect 3 still trumps most other games.

It's good technically. Graphics are good if not the best, although I felt the characters faces were not as expressive as they should have been, except in some scenes. The Voice acting is of good quality. And the soundtrack is amazing. Some of the games most emotional moments are backed up by breathtakingly chilling music.

And the storyline is fantastic. It follows a more linear pattern than Mass Effect 2, which gives it more of a base to have a good story. Decisions from the previous games are also factored in. The relationships with characters are sacrificed for a plot that delivers epic twists and turns all the way up to the last 10 minutes. Where it falls flat on it's face. It takes away individual choices, which were massively difficult to make, and instead gives them scores, sticks them into a group called "War Assets" and gives you an ending based on it. And the endings aren't even that different. People who've followed the franchise before this game will be severely disappointed.

This game is great. It combines a great story and a fantastic decision making system with a quality third-person shooter setup. But compared to it's predecessor, it's a little more linear. And the ending will not make you happy. I'd recommend this to anyone, just as long as you turn it off after the Illusive Man dies.
  75. Jul 14, 2012
    Woah. Have just completed the best game I've ever played. (I didn't anything would take the title from the circa 1994 System Shock). An evolutionary progression that somehow results in a game a generation on from anything else I've played. Emotionally engaging in a way few films or books and even fewer games manage. Gameplay mechanics are both harder and vastly improved on ME2's (whichWoah. Have just completed the best game I've ever played. (I didn't anything would take the title from the circa 1994 System Shock). An evolutionary progression that somehow results in a game a generation on from anything else I've played. Emotionally engaging in a way few films or books and even fewer games manage. Gameplay mechanics are both harder and vastly improved on ME2's (which were almost embarrassingly bad) and have evolved into a rock solid shooter, while keeping the same richness of story. The narrative is much tighter than ME2's and can feel more limited but the trade off is some truly amazing substories. The ending is a little 'thin' but is interesting enough and can hardly be described as 'disappointing'. Expand
  76. Jul 9, 2012
    Many people criticize the ending, which really wasn't the main issue for me. The game-play, which from ME1 - ME3 has always been the problem for me, and the main reason why I stay, was because of the story. The enemy AI has always been meh, and ME3 is no different. They claim they improve it, but all I see is UC 2.0 meaning, more enemies on the field spawning, and pinning you down andMany people criticize the ending, which really wasn't the main issue for me. The game-play, which from ME1 - ME3 has always been the problem for me, and the main reason why I stay, was because of the story. The enemy AI has always been meh, and ME3 is no different. They claim they improve it, but all I see is UC 2.0 meaning, more enemies on the field spawning, and pinning you down and throwing perfectly arc grenade at you. Doesn't sound exciting or generally fair doesn't it? The squad AI is still stupid, but there no point in talking about something Bioware clearly think is okay. Plant scanning is still present, which I don't like, but they made it more bearable than ME2, which was ridiculously long, and time consuming, which is the point. ME3 isn't a long game outside investigating questions, new plant scanning system, obnoxious time consuming things in the game, like the scanning from the war room, stuff like that. The story is still great, and with the new extended cut, which wasn't really needed, sense they kept the same endings, and I just overall feel happy I stay with the series till the end, even though I don't like the game-play. The endings is what it is, and like movies, I just accepted it for what it is. It's good, its good, it's bad, it's bad. Overall ME3 is a okay game, but the praise that the series has been getting with all these present issues, mainly the game-play, makes me wonder where these people who rate this game so high, are coming from? There plenty of games that have these issues, and are rated down terribly, but it seems popularity is the main critic here, than a actual critical review, but that just the way I see it. Expand
  77. Jul 9, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an above average game. They've tweaked the game play, kept the same high caliber music and the story is above average. Without going into too many details, Commander Shepard is facing off against the reapers who plan on wiping out most sentient life in the universe. It's not the best game in the universe but I enjoyed it. You may disagree with the ending but you can'tMass Effect 3 is an above average game. They've tweaked the game play, kept the same high caliber music and the story is above average. Without going into too many details, Commander Shepard is facing off against the reapers who plan on wiping out most sentient life in the universe. It's not the best game in the universe but I enjoyed it. You may disagree with the ending but you can't argue that the events leading up to it aren't at least pretty good. As for decisions not having immediate or significant impact: the games take place within a small time frame (2-3 years?). How do you expect to see the effects of those decisions within such a small time frame? If they make a follow up within the mass effect universe, it will probably take place a few hundred years after Mass Effect 3. There is no way this game deserves less than a 6 and users that have given it less than that because Bioware didn't make it exactly the way they wanted it are incredibly stupid. I wish I had been able to recruit my ME 2 squad mates, that they had included more neutral options in the dialogue, included more side missions and most importantly, hadn't spent so much time trying to cater to new gamers to the franchise(to name a few things) but I can still say that the game is very good. Not perfect but very good. Expand
  78. Jul 1, 2012
    The problems that everyone had with the ending have been fixed with the Extended Cut and additional closure and clarification was added making this game the ideal choice for purchase if you haven't already. :)
  79. Jun 28, 2012
    Do not believe the negative trolls that have taken over this review site. This is one of the best sci-fi games ever produced and comes to an excellent conclusion. The new extended cut makes it that much better. If you pass this game up because of the negative idiots, you have no one to blame but yourself. Try the game and come to your own conclusion...
  80. Jun 27, 2012
    With the release of the Extended Cut, I feel a revised review is now in order. The gameplay is improved from ME2. Still not top tier combat gameplay, but fun for someone not hardcore about their shooters (which includes me). The writing is spotty, rising and falling in quality between missions. Some missions are truly some of the best game writing I've played through. Others are meh. TheWith the release of the Extended Cut, I feel a revised review is now in order. The gameplay is improved from ME2. Still not top tier combat gameplay, but fun for someone not hardcore about their shooters (which includes me). The writing is spotty, rising and falling in quality between missions. Some missions are truly some of the best game writing I've played through. Others are meh. The ending may not feel like a natural story progression, depending on whether you play with your focus on characters or on central plot. It's not the greatest game but it's a good game. Worth a play or two, IMO. Expand
  81. Jun 27, 2012
    I originally gave this game a 9, but now that the DLC is out that fixed the endings, I have to change my score!

In my opinion, this is the best game ever made. The characters are all well developed, the music helps immerse you in the game, the story's themes run deep, and the gameplay is fun and perfectly balanced between combat, side quests, and RPG-type talking and such. The Mass

The Mass Effect series is a crowning achievement of gaming. It lets the player choose how the main character acts, so they can fully put themselves in his or her shoes. All of this without sacrificing gameplay or story. This is the most immersive game I've ever played. I hope this game influences the gaming industry for years to come.
  82. Jun 27, 2012
    Once you have the Extended Cut the nonsense of how we got from point A to point C and then to Z goes away. It would have been better if the game had not created major plot holes originally, but the added detail goes a long way to correct the ambiguity. I like what Christopher Nolan said about ambiguity.
    "I
  83. Jun 17, 2012
    I loved this game!!! I can't understand why people hated the ending. I thought the ending was pretty good because of the choices you can make. Plus, there is so much replayability that i want to go through the game again and again to get a different EMS and pick different choices. Plus, great graphics and amazing gameplay. Overall I just loved this game!!!
  84. Jun 15, 2012
    There are 2 reasons why most people hate this game or gave it such a low score. 1: The ending, although its not a great ending. This is not burger king. You cant always have things your away. Its still a great game overall. If you gave it such a low score cause of the ending..You need to stop being full of yourself. Still a great game. 2: Gay scenes..If you get offended because of thatThere are 2 reasons why most people hate this game or gave it such a low score. 1: The ending, although its not a great ending. This is not burger king. You cant always have things your away. Its still a great game overall. If you gave it such a low score cause of the ending..You need to stop being full of yourself. Still a great game. 2: Gay scenes..If you get offended because of that there's an easy solution. Its simple..Don't get in a gay romance. Avoid it. You don't have to be in the gay relationship. Don't be ignorant and hate on this game for silly non important things. In life you cant always have things your way. Its a great game which is what matters. Lots of movies, lots of games have really horrible ending and you know what that's okay. The developers wanted that ending so they gave us that ending. We cant be spoil and want everything to be perfect cause nothing in life is perfect. Even if the ending was different people would still find ways to critique this game. Overall..like i said..This is a great game. Im new to the mass effect franchise and this is the first one that i played and i love it. Nothing is wrong with it. Don't let little things or silly things, non important things change your opinion. The game play the overall feel of the game is great. Which is what matters at the end of the day. Expand
  85. Jun 13, 2012
    And here I thought that everyone else was a spoiled gaming troll wanting a game to fulfill their sad hopes and dreams. Yet, know I see why so many have complained. As much as I have truly enjoyed Mass effect 1, 2, and 99% of 3, the horrible ending just destroyed all of that enjoyment. It's as if the writers, creators, developers gave up on the last few minutes of the game. Too manyAnd here I thought that everyone else was a spoiled gaming troll wanting a game to fulfill their sad hopes and dreams. Yet, know I see why so many have complained. As much as I have truly enjoyed Mass effect 1, 2, and 99% of 3, the horrible ending just destroyed all of that enjoyment. It's as if the writers, creators, developers gave up on the last few minutes of the game. Too many loopholes, no closure on any of the characters, and incoherent, vaguely similar ending choices. Mass Effect 1 and 2 were beautifully put together, but this ending of such a fantastic trilogy needs tremendous work. Expand
  86. May 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game and story were brilliant. JUST the VERY VERY ending was a little disappointing.
    If you loved ME1 and ME2 you will undoubtedly like this and ignore all the hate about the ending. I personally did not like the ending either. but 99% of what I played was GREAT. Bioware are changing the game ending and the Indoctrination Theory also is very interesting. So give the closing chapter a last chance.
    Great game
  87. May 25, 2012
    Poor ending doesn't hide the fact that this is an excellent game.

The side quests are weak, but less irritating than in mass effect 2. The main story holds up extremely well until the end. Making multiplayer effect the war effore was a ridiculous choice.
  88. May 24, 2012
    This game was amazing. The gameplay mechanics were better than its predecessors, the graphics look amazing, and it is extremely fun. Most negative reviews come from self-entitled gamers who get angry at the ending or the DLC and give it a 0.
  89. May 20, 2012
    Everyone is hating the ending but it is not that bad if they could explain which i have heard bioware is planning on doing this summer but over all it is one of the best games I have played and the import makes it a whole new experience overall it's and 8.
  90. May 19, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is hard hitting yet entertainer game ... the one my complaint is with just its Loose ending which could be much better else this game still offer some things which can't be neglected
  91. May 18, 2012
    This is the score the game actually deserves. Now before you down-vote me, you will find if you average around the fifty + critic scores the game received it would be around the 89-93 area. Take off the moronic user score feature metacritic, it is used as a tool by a bunch of forum trolls and butthurt fanboys who really have no clue how to review a game. Of course this review will beThis is the score the game actually deserves. Now before you down-vote me, you will find if you average around the fifty + critic scores the game received it would be around the 89-93 area. Take off the moronic user score feature metacritic, it is used as a tool by a bunch of forum trolls and butthurt fanboys who really have no clue how to review a game. Of course this review will be down-voted by them, and I'll probably be called a "suck up" to the gaming media, but let's look at the facts first. High expectations almost always lead to disappointment, and those who have insanely high expectations will always be disappointed. This is why when you look at a game objectively, or rather as it is, instead of what you wanted it to be, you would find that it truly is a good game. Whether you disagreed with the ending or had problems because you "Felt" that the choices you made in the previous installments weren't reflected enough, it really doesn't matter. It's no reason to give this game a score below 7, and the fact that this game is rated a 3.9 is really quite pathetic. To even think that this game is only worth a "3.9" you would have to be some grumpy old man living in some old folks home or some kid who stays in his room all day, has no friends and doesn't know how to enjoy quality entertainment. The decisions you made in the previous games do reflect in this one, and yes they matter. Characters that die in ME2 wont be around, characters you saved in ME1 do make an appearance and yes your choices DID have reflect in ME3. Name a game that carries the choices you made from game to game on the same level mass effect has? You cant, there is only stand alone games with choices like the witcher 2, but what game from sequel to sequel to sequel does what the ME series has?. The fact people cry because they feel that their choices never meant anything is LAUGHABLE seeing as how they have nothing to compare it to. Give mass effect some credit, it has done a pretty damned good job. The ending to the series is fine, and honestly it really doesn't matter what bioware did people would have cried and crapped their pants. Everybody has a different idea of how it should have "ended" Bioware cant possibly meet everybody's expectations. The gameplay was much improved from the previous two, they added in some more RPG elements, still not as robust as ME1 but pretty close with the talent choices, weapon mods and tons of armor and loot to find. Mass effect 3 is a good game that sold well and that the majority of people enjoyed playing, don't listen to the vocal minority of idiots on here who probably pirated the game or never even played it at all and are just jumping on the hate bandwagon to hate the game like it's some "fad" to do so or makes them "cool and different" Stfu, sit down and enjoy the game. End of story. and....advice to metacritic......implement a system where people need to enter the serial code of the game they bought in order to actually review it. See how many of these idiots are still around after that......you wont find many Expand
  92. May 18, 2012
    im guna say it mass effect 3 is dissapointing it is not as good as me2 but is is still really good the story has moments that can be games onto itself the combat is improved the music is the best in the series but be warned the ending is ****
  93. May 17, 2012
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, DAY 1 DLC......waaaaaahhh.......so don't buy the DLC. Not so hard, is it?

Good Lord there are a lot of whiny butts in here.
  94. May 15, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 has some notable bumps on it's road; It has limited freedom when compared to it's predecessors, some technical instabilities (mostly glitches & framerate issues) and a confusingly muddled ending that has stirred up a hornet's nest of internet trolls. That said, these are all moot points in the face of what Mass Effect 3 delivers to the player, which is the best Sci-Fi actionMass Effect 3 has some notable bumps on it's road; It has limited freedom when compared to it's predecessors, some technical instabilities (mostly glitches & framerate issues) and a confusingly muddled ending that has stirred up a hornet's nest of internet trolls. That said, these are all moot points in the face of what Mass Effect 3 delivers to the player, which is the best Sci-Fi action game ever made. The things you get to see and experience in ME3 are totally amazing! There are so many unforgettable moments to be had. The plot is excellent and the script keeps the emotional connections fixed in the spotlight. The result is an action game with a true sense of meaning and consequence. The afore mentioned ending is both blunt and strange, but it's mystery's beg for debate just like all classic Sci-Fi should (2001: A space Odyssey springs to mind). Mass Effect 3 is a series high and one of the best games I have ever played in my 20+ years of gaming. Expand
  95. May 15, 2012
    Great game, and an excellent conclusion to the trilogy. If you haven't played it yet, do yourself a favor and ignore all the overblown reactions of others and judge the quality of the game for yourself. I deliberately ignored all the hype/complaints, played through the game, and loved every minute of it, including the ending and the from ashes dlc. Afterwards, I read through the crazedGreat game, and an excellent conclusion to the trilogy. If you haven't played it yet, do yourself a favor and ignore all the overblown reactions of others and judge the quality of the game for yourself. I deliberately ignored all the hype/complaints, played through the game, and loved every minute of it, including the ending and the from ashes dlc. Afterwards, I read through the crazed fan reactions and was surprised with all the hate.

This game is a great example of when the professional critics have it right for a change - this game is one of the best releases of this generation, and it would be a mistake to miss it.
  96. May 15, 2012
    First off, I'm not going to comment on the low scores & brain farts that the wise ol' tweens left to tarnish the user review score. That would be just silly. What I will comment on however, pertains to one of the best titles I've yet to encounter in my 30 years of gaming.. period. For those familiar the series, ME isn't a game, it's an experience unlike anything out there. Yes, high praiseFirst off, I'm not going to comment on the low scores & brain farts that the wise ol' tweens left to tarnish the user review score. That would be just silly. What I will comment on however, pertains to one of the best titles I've yet to encounter in my 30 years of gaming.. period. For those familiar the series, ME isn't a game, it's an experience unlike anything out there. Yes, high praise should go out to titles like GTA4, MGS4 and RED Dead, but in terms of a series, (and I rarely use this word).. Epic best sums up what you should expect from the final chapter with Shepard and crew. It's as close to perfect as perfect gets and even if you've yet to touch the franchise, you owe it to yourself to pick up this title today. (I'd also highly recommend playing the first instalments if possible) as the story will carry much more weight in doing so. In a world where the single player campaign and story is being overlooked by the ADD multiplayer shooters, Mass Effect 3 is marvellous and is up the in my top 10 games of all time. Do yourself a favour and borrow, buy or 'whatever' this gem of a game. Yes, it's that good. Expand
  97. May 12, 2012
    The game was great, I think the ratings on here are really inaccurate. I would not put down a whole game based on the last ten minutes of the game. Everyone who is boycotting the game is ruining it for everyone else who may have gotten a chance to play this fantastic game. It is a vast improvement on its predecessors, the graphics are amazing, especially on the PS3 and Xbox and everythingThe game was great, I think the ratings on here are really inaccurate. I would not put down a whole game based on the last ten minutes of the game. Everyone who is boycotting the game is ruining it for everyone else who may have gotten a chance to play this fantastic game. It is a vast improvement on its predecessors, the graphics are amazing, especially on the PS3 and Xbox and everything about it feels polished. If you are a true fan of the series, or even someone new to the series, I would not give this one a miss. Expand
  98. May 10, 2012
    First of all, I would say that Mass Effect 2 isn't just the greatest RPG ever to grace the console but it's arguably the greatest game ever made. It delivered such a compelling, deep, rich, atmospheric experience that continues to live long in the memory. So my expectations where probabaly over ambitious for the third outing. And after playing the game over and over again, devoted hours ofFirst of all, I would say that Mass Effect 2 isn't just the greatest RPG ever to grace the console but it's arguably the greatest game ever made. It delivered such a compelling, deep, rich, atmospheric experience that continues to live long in the memory. So my expectations where probabaly over ambitious for the third outing. And after playing the game over and over again, devoted hours of life I can understand the disapproval the game has gathered but would definetly say that Mass Effect 3 is by no means a game worthy of a '0.' Picking up from where the ME2 DLC Arrival left off, ME3 see's Shepard relieved of his duties as the consequences of his actions during the DLC, whilst on Earth the Reapers have launched an overwhelming onslaught leading Admiral Anderson to set Shepard the mission of uniting the galaxy's forces. Ofcourse the gameplay unfolds from here and you are able to import your saved data meaning that anyone who didn't make it from ME1&2 won't be in ME3. However, an early discovery is made after saving Liara, where she reveals that there is a potential weapon capable of destroying the Reapers; The Crucible. From here that's what it's all about. Travelling across the galaxy uniting forces whilst making major decisions along the way regarding the future of the Krogan race, the Geth and Quarians, aswell as taking care of personal loose ends including romantic options where you can decide who Shepard finally ends up with. Cerberus are also heavily involved under the guidance of The Illusive Man (TIM) who believes the Reapers should be controlled and not destroyed and throughout you have to deal with their attempts to take the Citadel as well as mounting an attack on their headquarters as a starting point towards the final battle. Your decisions along the way as you will already know are important in determining the ending to the game however even more vital is Effective Military Strength (EMS) which has a huge impact in final outcome of your Shepard's journey, this is mainly gained through online play. Regardless of who you sacrifice or save it all leads down to Citadel where a battered and blooded Shepard faces a final showdown with TIM,ultimately resulting in an old friends death, before all is finally revealed and the fate of the galaxy sealed. Lets just say you are in for rude awakening if you thought every decision you had to make was going to be crucial in determining how Mass Effect 3 ends. As you are transported to the pinnacle of the Citadel, the Catalyst approaches you in the shape of the young boy who dies at the start of the game who explains everything. Unfortunately the explanation isn't anything i could have possibly imagined but nonetheless he reveals that the Reaper cycle is an attempt to prevent organic life from wiping itself out by creating synthetic life leading you to face three options; 'Destroy,' 'Control,' or 'Convert.' All three result in the apparent death of Shepard however if you choose 'Destroy' and have the correct amount of EMS you can gain the 'perfect' ending where it shows a potentially alive Shepard breathing amongst the ruins of the destruction which results in the mass relays being destroyed and the Normandy ending up stranded on another planet... then after the credits have rolled an old man is shown with a young boy, who asks the elderly gent to tell him more stories about 'the Shepard' implying that Shepard's legend lives on. We all know the controversy regarding the ending and initially I felt as though I had been well and truly conned as all the assurances BioWare has given simply weren't on show. But after taking my time going through things again I'm not as bummed as I first was. The gameplay is awesome. It was always going to be the introduction of new weapons is cool and the shooting system worked superbly well in ME2 so only a few minor tweaks were needed in that department so I didn't have any complains there. The Normandy was fine although you don't get enough of it. Graphically it's not exactly a blockbuster movie. There are annoying glitches along the way but they don't prevent you from playing on, they just frustrate you at times. The plot. Well not so much the story as the ending(s). Let's face it BioWare sold us all short big time! Shepard dying doesn't bother me as much as others, sure it would've been great for him to get that happily ever after but it's the fact they have disregarded everything a player has gone through and delivered such a pointless and worthless ending that a trilogy such as Mass Effect doesn't deserve. Multiplayer was unnecessary but I was relatively impressed but not addicted to it as other games, but is a vital component for those of us seeking that 'perfect' ending. Simply, ME3 is a tremendous game with a terrible ending and as a result is one of the biggest disappointments to date. I await the extended epilogue in the hope of some REAL closure Expand
  99. May 5, 2012
    This game does not deserve such a low rating. To me this series stands out as the greatest Sci-Fi creation since Star Wars. The story and character development, combined with tight game-play make the Mass Effect series the greatest gaming experience I have ever had. I see a bunch of gaming-elitist whiners in these negative reviews. Sure ME3 had some flaws, the RPG elements were tonedThis game does not deserve such a low rating. To me this series stands out as the greatest Sci-Fi creation since Star Wars. The story and character development, combined with tight game-play make the Mass Effect series the greatest gaming experience I have ever had. I see a bunch of gaming-elitist whiners in these negative reviews. Sure ME3 had some flaws, the RPG elements were toned way down and the ending was abrupt and left me wanting more. But I had to speak up, lest one person be discouraged from trying out this amazing series. Expand
  100. May 2, 2012
    Haters are always going to hate. Yes the ending was bad but the whole game is still in my top three of my favorite games ever, its a classic and I hope the ending DLC will make the ending awesome so that this game can take the deserved place of my favorite game of all time.

1. Mass Effect 3 is an amazing experience in and of itself. It's also the perfect capstone to a true AAA franchise, offering a poignant conclusion that'll stick long after the credits have rolled. You're standing on the precipice of one of the best games Earth money can buy. [April 2012, p.60]
  2. If ever a game was more about the journey than the destination, it's Mass Effect 3. And what a journey it is. [May 2012, p.71]
  3. The RGP elements have been toned down considerably in favour of more action. For some this will sound like a bad thing, but trust us when we say that Bioware has thought this through. With the Reapers invading, it would be kind off silly to go on a shopping spree on the citadel. [April 2012, p.60]