8.3

1. Dec 8, 2012
    Terrible port. This version even runs worst than the 360 from half a decade ago. I am extremely disappointed but it isn't unexpected as ME2 and 3 on PS3 were a full game. The Mass Effect trilogy on Sony's platform is like a beta of the actually thing but it is laughable that these came after the original. If you own a PC or 360 get this on either of those. I'm glad ME is now on the PS3 but I feel that this is really a cash grab. I sold my 360 and now I wish I haven't. Mass Effect on PS3 really isn't worth picking up. The game froze numerous time, the framerate is actually worst than the original and graphic isn' as sharp. Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    To many bugs made this game absolutely unplayable.

this is a total shame... i never played a game like this before... I have to redo the ending so many many times because of massives freezes...

1. The game's appearance remains unaltered, which sounds good, but unfortunately it isn't. The game doesn't look bad, but it certainly looks dated. From a cinematic standpoint everything's fine, but the numerous lip-sync errors bothered us immensely. [February 2013, p.80]
  2. As an interactive story it's one hell of a good piece of entertainment. Taking your first tentative steps into this seriously rich universe, planting the seeds for larger implications later in the series, and tangling with one of the best antagonists ever, Saren, is a trip well worth taking. There's a rich, colourful cast you'll want to meet for the first time (Urdnot Wrex in particular) and very poignant moments to be had (e.g. becoming a Spectre). These are watershed gaming moments that the ME2's 'introductory' comic book could never hope to encapsulate. [January 2013, p69]
    The original Mass Effect has finally arrived on the PlayStation 3, which completes the trilogy without hopping consoles. Even though the game shows obvious and often obtrusive signs of age, the original shooter RPG still holds up and delivers an experience to fans who have wanted it for so long.