7.7

1. Oct 17, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is certainly not as good as Max Payne 2, but in terms of gameplay, the game definitely does better than the originals. While story isn't quite as dark (even though it still is), and shootdodge is not quite as effective. the addition of multiplayer is fantastic, and the overall feel of the game is a more matured Max. A must buy for any fan of slow motion, guns, dark story, andMax Payne 3 is certainly not as good as Max Payne 2, but in terms of gameplay, the game definitely does better than the originals. While story isn't quite as dark (even though it still is), and shootdodge is not quite as effective. the addition of multiplayer is fantastic, and the overall feel of the game is a more matured Max. A must buy for any fan of slow motion, guns, dark story, and third person shooters. Expand
  2. Sep 6, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is GRAPHIC!!!! I love it a little repetitive yes Lame no. This is a good game with good reasons to return to story mode for arcade and new york minute. What suprised me the most is how fun the multiplayer is I have a great time with it sure it is easy to get kills but staying alive is the fun part. Also tons of cool perks and items to keep you busy with it for quite a while.Max Payne 3 is GRAPHIC!!!! I love it a little repetitive yes Lame no. This is a good game with good reasons to return to story mode for arcade and new york minute. What suprised me the most is how fun the multiplayer is I have a great time with it sure it is easy to get kills but staying alive is the fun part. Also tons of cool perks and items to keep you busy with it for quite a while. Way better multi than RDR makes me want GTA5 even more. Stop hatin on Max or die in slow motion Bullet Time!!! Expand
  3. Aug 7, 2013
    Great adventure and a very immersive storyline. I'm Portuguese so the language factor was a big thumbs up. Bullet time is amazing. The multiplayer is also very good. A masterpiece!!
  4. Oct 27, 2012
    Although I never really got into the Multiplayer and only played through the Campaign once, this game is definitely worthy of a purchase. The entire feel of the single player felt amazing, and it provided a great, cinematic, violent, and fun-as-hell experience. The narration done by Max really helps you understand what's going on, and there are many plot twists and surprises along the way.Although I never really got into the Multiplayer and only played through the Campaign once, this game is definitely worthy of a purchase. The entire feel of the single player felt amazing, and it provided a great, cinematic, violent, and fun-as-hell experience. The narration done by Max really helps you understand what's going on, and there are many plot twists and surprises along the way. The gameplay is solid, and the slow motion looks really satisfying when you shoot somebody in the face with it. So if you're a gamer who loves a cinematic experience (story, graphics, presentation), do yourself a favour and buy this game. It is one of my most memorable single player experiences in the last 5 years of so (with Fallout 3, BioShock, and Dead Space competing) Expand
  5. Nov 4, 2012
    A gritty, full bloodied reincarnation of one of Rockstars most hailed characters. Max Payne returns in this 3rd installment with finely tuned gameplay, an interesting storyline, some great graphics, and a decent multiplayer component. Definitely worth the buy!
  6. Nov 10, 2012
    One of the best games I have ever played. Everything was perfect, an the story was beautifully sprinkled with film noire and a tale of loss. Max is one of the most engrossing characters of all time, and your interested in everything he says. If this Game does now win Game Of The Year, then I don't know what will.
  7. Nov 25, 2012
    I give this game a 10 because i rarely finish a game thinking without thinking 'They could of added that' or 'This coulda been different'. Incredible game from start to end. I like the merge of load screens with cut scenes and other developers should follow suit as you're not just staring at a bar filling up waiting for the next part, which loses you momentum. Kinda like, shooting - dramaI give this game a 10 because i rarely finish a game thinking without thinking 'They could of added that' or 'This coulda been different'. Incredible game from start to end. I like the merge of load screens with cut scenes and other developers should follow suit as you're not just staring at a bar filling up waiting for the next part, which loses you momentum. Kinda like, shooting - drama - drama - Shooting - -------Wait please----- Ok, now shoot again..Really is a great game in every way. The music that kicks in on the airport level is just too much! Really pulls you into it. Must buy. Expand
  8. Nov 27, 2012
    Drawing from all the things that made the first two Max Payne games a hit, adding in more expansive locations, better graphics, and making Max an older, more war-torn version of his ragged self, Rockstar has brought the man who deals death back from the brink of it.

The guns are awesome, the gameplay is linear, but still good; and the slow motion is as fun as ever. If you like shooters, or the previous M.P. games, you'll love this. 9/10,
  9. Feb 24, 2013
    Max Payne 3 it´s one of the best games of 2012, but still it has some problems.
    Pros and Cons:
    Pros: Nice story by Dan Houser, Envolving Score by Health, addictive gameplay, awesome slow-mo effects (Thank you, Euphoria engine) cool graphics and dual wielding! (That´s actually pretty fun BTW) Cons: It has SO MANY CUTSCENES. It ´s like every time you open a door SURPRISE! Cutscene.
    Max Payne 3 it´s one of the best games of 2012, but still it has some problems.
    Pros and Cons:

Cons: It has SO MANY CUTSCENES. It ´s like every time you open a door SURPRISE! Cutscene. Repetitive gameplay (cover, shoot, cover, shoot, SLOW-MO BIATCH! open door, cutscene)

Even though, it´s a pretty nice game, and it´s not as difficult as some reviewers here say, maybe they say that because they tried to beat the whole game using bullet time and shootdodge. Tip: DON´T TRY TO THAT OR THE GAME WILL BE AS DIFFICULT AS F**K!
    Oh, an aiming, is perfectly done! I don´t know whyy people complain about it! You can choose the easy but boring Hard Lock, the not as easy but quite satisfying Soft Lock and OFF, which is pretty hard but gives you total freedom to aim.

(Sorry for my english)
  10. Mar 14, 2013
    Max Payne 3 made a great comeback for the franchise and Max Payne comes back as hard as ever. One thing you will notice straight away is the superb graphic and the extreme details in the graphic. Max Payne 3 have of the BEST graphic I’ve seen with a TPS game. Max Payne 3 is a very cinematic game. And all the loading screens are replaced by cutscenes so you wouldn't be bored staring at aMax Payne 3 made a great comeback for the franchise and Max Payne comes back as hard as ever. One thing you will notice straight away is the superb graphic and the extreme details in the graphic. Max Payne 3 have of the BEST graphic I’ve seen with a TPS game. Max Payne 3 is a very cinematic game. And all the loading screens are replaced by cutscenes so you wouldn't be bored staring at a boring loading screen screen. The story is catchy and the single player campaign is tense and fun. Max Payne 3 also have one of the BEST dual wield mechanic and shooting mechanic for a TPS game. The AIs in MP3 are also one of the most realistic AIs I've seen in a game. The AIs are capable of gettin headshot of the player especially the elite soldier/cops. The AIs with shotguns can also get a one shot-kill of the player if the player gets too close. And don't forget the funs and grippy multiplayer complete with the bullet time mechanic and shoot dodge mechanic.There are the usual game modes such as death match team death match but one of the main game mode is the gang war which is a combination of different game modes including grabbing the bag, capturing the turf, one team tries to defend a turf while the other tries to capture the turf and when the turf is captured the capture team will move on to capture the next turf etc. There are also many different interesting and fun game modes in the gang war mode. This game mode really supports teamwork. Overall the Max Payne 3 is SUPERB game. The single player have a grippy and fun campaign. And the multiplayer is tense and very interesting. Max Payne 3 is a game shooter fans should NOT miss!!! Expand
  11. May 13, 2013
    It's an awesome game, no doubts about it. The epic slow motion dives and the story are really what defines this kind of genre. My only problem is the cutscene-shoot-cutscene-shoot scheme.
  12. ERB
    Nov 2, 2013
    Max Payne is back with more realistic and cool graphics and with bullet time improved.Max Payne 3 continues it's story in Brazil which he was hired as a personal body guard for a wealthy or rich family the "Branco family".Max Payne 3 has awesome actions cool bullet time and a memorable story.Now the single player campaign is good but wait till you see the multiplayer of this game becauseMax Payne is back with more realistic and cool graphics and with bullet time improved.Max Payne 3 continues it's story in Brazil which he was hired as a personal body guard for a wealthy or rich family the "Branco family".Max Payne 3 has awesome actions cool bullet time and a memorable story.Now the single player campaign is good but wait till you see the multiplayer of this game because the multiplayer is fun.You got to form crews join crews and more.Hell there is even a gang wars in this game which two gangs fight each other and find out who will be the stronger gang.And there is also this death match where everyone in the map will fight each other or kill each other and the one with the most kills is declared the winner.And also you can customize your character in multiplayer which is good.The character development in this game is good,the voice acting in this game is really good,and even the world of Max Payne 3 is beautiful.You can interact with some items here which is like in the other Max Payne games.Max Payne 3 is awesome which deserves a 10/10 from me and all of you fans or not fans of this game buy this game or download this game .It is worth your money and you will have fun in this game. Expand
  13. Aug 18, 2013
    Max Payne 3 I don't know where to start... The game is Excellent!
    Presentation:
    Max Payne 3 I don't know where to start... The game is Excellent!
    Presentation:
    The game starts of with Max working as a body- guard for the Branco Family in Sao Paulo- Brazil with a new friend Raul Passos. During the game there are flashback missions which show how Max meets up with Raul. The story is fantastic with many plot- twists and memorable moments. Graphics are excellent and voice acting is top notch.

Gameplay:
    When the shooting starts you will find out why Max is such a bad-ass. The 'Bullet Time' and 'Shoot Dodge' mechanic from Max Payne 1 and 2 is back and heavily improved thanks to the R* Euphoria technology. Diving around and shooting accurately feels so good and when you kill the final enemy in the area, there is a kick-ass kill cam which looks and feels painfully satisfying. There are also pretty cool set pieces in the game such as shooting enemies from a moving boat with an LMG. There are a few game bugs here and there but aren't game breaking and the game can get a bit repetitive over time. Also the game sometimes throws a ridiculous amount of enemies at you which can be very frustrating.There is also a fantastic multiplayer mode with different game types and is very fun.

Verdict: The game is a must buy if you are or aren't a Max Payne fan because it is just fantastic. The campaign is about 10 hours long and the multiplayer is simply awesome. You do not need to play the previous Max Payne games to understand the story of Max Payne 3.
  14. Nov 21, 2013
    Max Payne 3 improves upon the previous two games in two significant ways in terms of gameplay. Certainly its a graphical improvement, being on superior hardware but that isn't what made it stand out for me. First are the levels and their layouts. No more are you exclusively subjected to mostly corridors and cramped apartment building hallways. The locations are large and diverse, not onlyMax Payne 3 improves upon the previous two games in two significant ways in terms of gameplay. Certainly its a graphical improvement, being on superior hardware but that isn't what made it stand out for me. First are the levels and their layouts. No more are you exclusively subjected to mostly corridors and cramped apartment building hallways. The locations are large and diverse, not only providing lots of area to move or take cover but also gives enemy AI options on how to swarm you. The other major improvement is the cover system. A natural addition but gone are the days of strafing around corners as the only way to avoid enemy fire.

Max Payne 3 is the best of a solid action series, creating a better gameplay experience while doing something fresh with its narrative by putting Max in new and unexpected locations and situations.
  15. Oct 12, 2013
    At the very beginning it took me some time to really get into the game. I didn't touch it for a week or two after playing it for the first time but when I decided to give it a good go, the good things started to come along:

The game is full of action, makes use of nice visual effects and has stunning soundtracks. The story is okay and it doesn't last too long or too short. The controls are no problem to get used to but the slow-mo and hollywood diving can be abused to the max. HOWEVER, it suits perfectly if you only use it when you have to which is the way I used it. It's a game I'd happily play again on a higher difficulty.

Along with a couple of other games, this is one of the best single player games I've played. One should not hestitate if he likes games with good storyline gameplays.
  16. Sep 6, 2014
    This game was real revelation for me. I did not hear much about it and I just tried it. It got me. Max is a funny guy and Bullet Time is perfect game mechanism.
  17. Apr 19, 2014
    This is one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a long time. Good graphics, lots of action, but also intriguing story. Thoroughly enjoying. Best Max Payne yet!!
  18. Feb 22, 2015
    Max is back in the best performance of Rockstar. Max Payne 3 affected me, really. A look at the life of Max, atmosphere - all this affected me. The plot is great, the gameplay is made at the highest level, the music perfectly fit for the story of Max. As always, a masterpiece of Rockstar.
  19. May 4, 2015
    I realise this has got 3 years on it now but, i went back to play it as there is nothing on the ps4 i havent played worth playing atm. It was a great follow on to the older games anyone that says any different is a butt munch. Some were saying o theres to much shooting haha in a max payne game no less, thats pretty well what you signed on for when you started playing. Others saying itsI realise this has got 3 years on it now but, i went back to play it as there is nothing on the ps4 i havent played worth playing atm. It was a great follow on to the older games anyone that says any different is a butt munch. Some were saying o theres to much shooting haha in a max payne game no less, thats pretty well what you signed on for when you started playing. Others saying its just not like max payne sure hes older and isn't a cop anymore apart from that hes the same guy maybe these people just were looking for the same game to play again who knows. As for it being like a movie well there are a few cinematics but it just adds to the story really. A great older game. Expand
  20. Apr 10, 2015
    Max Payne 3 is a divisive game. For many fans of the franchise, the game seems to have lost the hard-boiled charm which previous developer Remedy so heavily drenched the originals in. Gone is the gritty yet occasionally cheesy voice-acting. Gone is the melodrama and cliche flowing black trenchcoats. In their stead, Rockstar has replaced the cliche dialogue with gritty so-bad-it's-goodMax Payne 3 is a divisive game. For many fans of the franchise, the game seems to have lost the hard-boiled charm which previous developer Remedy so heavily drenched the originals in. Gone is the gritty yet occasionally cheesy voice-acting. Gone is the melodrama and cliche flowing black trenchcoats. In their stead, Rockstar has replaced the cliche dialogue with gritty so-bad-it's-good dialogue (with significantly better voice-actors), and a "Man on Fire" aesthetic and setting. To me, this departure is welcome. Yet, I understand the nostalgia driving so much of the vitriol toward this game.

Gameplay-wise, Max Payne 3 is excellent. Rockstar keeps their excellent targeting reticule from RDR allowing for pin-point accuracy. The simplicity of the small dot doesn't hide characters or obfuscate the system; it's clean and simple. Shoot-dodging and going into bullet time are easy to get a handle on and feel excellent. Overall, Max Payne 3 is a great-feeling game.

Story-wise, the game builds slowly, adhering rigidly to noir film conventions. It bubbles up like a stew steadily until it is bursting with intrigue and then stumbles for a moment before closing strong with one of my favorite endings to a videogame ever. In conclusion, Max Payne 3 is extraordinarily strong from a narrative standpoint, despite one or two minor foibles.

In the end I give Max Payne 3 a 4.5/5 stars; a truly stellar experience that should not be missed by fans of the genre.
  21. May 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game I can say without exaggeration is a MUST OWN! It's story is interesting and never dull. The graphics are beautiful even for today's standards. The gameplay is fun, never boring. Even when it's just shootout after shootout, it is never boring. The story is dark and depressing, like Max Payne should be. Throughout the entire story, you can hear Max narrating every thought in his head, which really gives you a chance to see the story through his eyes. Just so you know, this is a very challenging game, even on easy. It's not impossible, just be ready to die a lot. No matter who you are, start on easy. For parents who are worried about this game, you should know that there is one scene with topless women, and a lot of bad language including, F, MF, C, GD, SOB, D, S. Just be ready to mute and skip stuff. In this climactic story, you never know what will happen. Plot twist after plot twist, and you will never guess who the man behind it all is. This is a game that you will play again, and again, and again, and again, and again. It also has pretty decent length to it as well. BUY IT!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Expand

1. Jul 9, 2012
    An engaging story, extremely satisfying shoot-outs phenomenal graphics turn Max Payne 3 undoubtedly into one of the best shooters of 2012. It's a shame that Rockstar doesn't seem to know where to place their checkpoints.
  2. Jun 29, 2012
    Max Payne 3 brings back the depressed and trigger-happy former cop, in a new and surprisingly entertaining chapter of his life. Rockstar has brought the story to São Paulo, equipped Max with a few new tricks and made everything look a bit more polished and updated. The addition of a well-rounded multiplayer proves to be a stroke of genious that adds loads of extra hours of fun gameplay.
  3. Jun 22, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is an excellent farewell, but ultimately it's not as relevant as it was in the past. It has nothing to teach to the "new" shooters.