6.0

1. Oct 29, 2012
    Follow this link for a well written article. Most of the press is owned by Doritos, Mountain Dew, or some sponser. Don't be a lemming. Reading is fundamental. http://pcgmedia.com/what-are-journalists-missing-when-it-comes-to-medal-of-honor-warfighter/
  2. Oct 26, 2012
    This review is for multiplayer only because I feel like that's all any one cares about anymore. This simple and logical fact that people only care about MP can be seen as proof in the amount of work that went into it to make it distinct, fun, and it does have some original ideas. I love love love the buddy system because everyone in the Army knows you don't go anywhere or do anything without your "Battle Buddy" from basic training all the way to the sandbox. The game has a awesome amount of upgrades and the menus can be confusing at first but after you spend some time in there you will figure it out I promise! Also, the weapons feel so heavy and brutal and very responsive. I have really enjoyed the MP very much and I truly believe that the harsh reviews are unfair and in my experience I haven't had any bugs or glitches and I have been playing for two days now and love it. It is indeed a blend of COD and B3 with its own identity mixed in and to tell you the truth I don't understand why that's a bad thing!?!? It is another modern shooter and yes it is similar to other genre shooters but the gameplay alone and the responsiveness of the weapons alone make this game worth your time. I paid $60 for it and I don't regret it at all, and I'm not one of these trolls that have to justify my spending of $60 because I have a decent job and the money isn't the issue and I don't think we are being fair to MOH when we say it's a cookie cutter FPS because they all are nowadays. I feel what makes this game stand on its own foundation (besides the gorgeous graphics and fun MP and sweet sound effects) is that it has extremely well polished maneuverability in the MP and the buddy system makes it so much fun to work as a team similar to B3 but without the tanks, choppers and jets. It has that "close up" feel like COD but has the team based squad play like B3 which prevents camping and line wolfs and THAT ALONE makes it worth every penny of the $60. At least rent it and try out the FREE 2 day trial online (thanks very much danger close that was very nice of you and I hope more developers use this tactic to get people hooked in a game) because with the free two day trial you can decide if it is for you or not and I believ you will fall in love with it like I have. And yes, once again, it is a blend of CoD and B3 but how is that negative I ask you? Enjoy the game and don't base your decision on some mean spirited and unprofessional reviews. I give it a 8/10 for the MP alone and I will update this review afte I complete the single player which I hope is as good as the last one! Trust me....just try out the free 2 day trial and at least rent it. You have nothing to lose and an awesome MP game to gain! Expand
  3. Oct 25, 2012
    I really don't see why there seems to be quite a bit of hate for this game. I think it is an amazing FFS. I think that the campaign is somewhat short, but I really enjoyed it. There is a little bit of humor is some parts too. I also really enjoyed the music. The gameplay is like any other shooter out there. I haven't played much multiplayer, but I still really like it. I really love all of the customization options, especially the gun camos/ paint jobs! The best edition to multiplayer is the Fireteam Buddy System where when you start a match, you are randomly assigned a buddy (unless you are in a party) and what you can do with that buddy is heal/resupply each other, spawn on him, and get points from him during battle. The Frostbite 2 does a great job with this game, but it would have been nice to see more destruction. It doesn't bother me too much though because this is a more open, close quarters game compared to Battlefield 3. For all of the Call of Duty fanboys out there that say that every other FFS sucks and that other developers copy it, you can't say that about the Medal of Honor series. CoD came out in '03 while MoH came out in '99. Expand
  4. Oct 26, 2012
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter is a perfect example of why you cannot depend on critic reviews to decide whether you should get a certain game or not. All of the negative reviews MoH: Warfighter are getting is complete **** It is not trying to be like Battlefield 3. It is not trying to be like COD. It is not generic. It is trying to be a FPS game of it's own. And it does a good job at it. The only similarities the game has with Battlefield 3 and COD is that the animations are similar to Battlefield 3 and the map designs are like COD. Other than that, it is not trying to copy them at all. MoH: Warfighter is a great game and I'd say the skill level in this game is even higher than Battlefield 3. Almost as hardcore as Counterstrike. I suggest anyone looking for a different type of shooter with a greater challenge to pick this game up. MoH: Warfighter gets a 9.5/10 from me Expand
  5. Oct 24, 2012
    Awesome graphics, gameplay is one of the best this year in those war games, multi-player is just perfect too, don't miss that game, it's a good investment compare to the deception of MW3. the frostbite 2 engine is great , a must try for any gamer out there !!!
  6. Oct 25, 2012
    I'm playing only MP. It's awesome. I've had a bad time for the first couple of hours of playing it, because it was really hard to adapt after playing BF3 for so much time. But I waited with my opinion and now I'm sure - this game is awesome! People just expect it to be a new version of BF3 without vehicles, but surprisingly it's not. It's really something different. Mechanics is different. Recoil control is different. Those are just to different games. You will have tons of fun, but don't expect it to be easy at start, just because you are good at BF3, and don't expect you will be rushing alone and killing everyone without any help, because you will have a bad time. If you really want me to compare this game to any other it would be CS, where fearless rushing and killing everyone alone is reserved only to best players. Expand
  7. Oct 25, 2012
    no way this is bad like everyone saying, best graphics , great cover system, great audio, fantastic driving parts,8 out of ten but because of 2 an 3's i give it a 10, black ops 2 better have better graphics and they need 2 add a cover system or i expect black ops 2 to get some 1's, or at least it should, warfighter is better than bf3 for me, more accurate shooting
  8. Oct 29, 2012
    MOH:W is a great game. It's single player leaves much to be desired but is made up by the great multiplayer experience. It tries to land in between CoD and BF3 and does so perfectly. It uses the pace of BF with the speed of CoD. It brings new elements like immense weapon customization and classes which many people seem to overlook because of the bugs. What people don't understand though is that reviews are not a place to **** about your crappy experience with glitches but a place to review the PERMANENT elements of the game, bugs and glitches are merely temporary problems which will be patched. Expand
  9. Oct 30, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bashing of this game by both the users or the critics. I only feel compelled to write this review because I feel the game is being grossly misrepresented as I have been having more fun than I ever had since BF3 and even prefer it to BLOPS. For the record I am a long time fan of both this series and COD and played all CODS (with the exception of MW3) dating back to when COD still was actually about real wars. I played the last MOH but forgot all about it when BLOPS was released.

Is this game perfect? No. However it differentiates itself from the competition and executes far more right than it does wrong. This game appeals to the type of FPS fan that prefers to get their kills themselves rather than having a bot do it for them. If you are playing this to see something never before seen in gaming then you will be disappointed because that is not its intent. If having tons of real world customizable weapons, excellent character animations and visceral fire fights sounds appealing then pick this up. Two issues people seem most legitimately upset about are the menus and glitches. There are glitches but I cannot recall one of these games that did not have glitches upon release and I have already seen most issues that existed day one resolved. The menus are not broken., just different. I did not like them at first but once acclimated they were fine and since there is so much more you can do in the way of customization their manifold nature is understandable.

MOH appeals to certain sensibilities that , according to the other reviews, are not valued by most. More Michael Mann than Jerry Bruckheimer, this game is not for everyone but if it fits your palette you are in for a deliciously satisfying meal.
  10. Dec 28, 2012
    Greatest game in the world. It's better than Battlefield 3, Call of Duty, Crysis, Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, BioShock, Fallout, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and Skyrim COMBINED!
  11. Oct 29, 2012
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter. This is the game that you do not expect. All criticize him, then talk about it at the end of the matter is the pure and true example of a war game. A solid background fps at war, someone thinks like many others, but in fact different.
    Uses the same graphics engine of Battlefield Frosbite the 2.0 and although it has some bugs and a drop in frame rate is worthy
    of his name and it deserves a 8.8. S'inzia playing with a sequence different from the other and finally the usual shooter that takes you to the end of the story.
    A history of war but with flashbacks azzecati, which takes you to finish the story mode in single players in its 5-6 max 7/8 hours depending on the pace that you play and at what level of difficulty.
    The story plays a key role, for once it departs from those Hollywood shooter at times we are accustomed to see and play, which transmits that wonderful feeling you will be playing live this story.
    Yes, because not only tells the story killings, rebellion and the usual war between factions but also that the protagonist has his life, just like us, just like a real soldier, and are placed in the middle of the good will of his wife and little daughter ...
    These are that are srorie to tell and chissè care if some bugs from time to time ruin things up a bit, the story you're passionate about and you follow it to the eilogo beautiful or sad it is. Rating 9.5.
    Then there's the online multiplayer in the same house battlefiel, who has transformed the world and the way we see a shooter, everything works perfectly: the castomizzazione weapons to a group of soldiers through different levels in different sections game. Rating 9.5
    Finally, the gameplay ... maybe needs some tweaking on arms and on the handling of the media but these new ideas enter the races of the house criterion make it more beautiful and full of suspense the challenge ...
    Some define this game devoid of personality and soul ... perhaps those who do not play and do not try and soulless ...
    This game deserves attention and I will award because perhaps we are faced with a very good game, not a masterpiece, but a great game to try and have absolutely.
    Rating 9.4!
  12. Oct 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have finished the story mode and spent a considerable amount of time in multiplayer, that being said there are a few things that I would like to say. I LOVE the multiplayer and see this being a game I will spend a ton of time in, I love how fast and fluid the multiplayer is and love how each different country plays and feels. The biggest negative I see is the game taking away control while playing the campaign this happens far too frequently, the game is beautiful and the story is decent. The buddy system im multiplayer is absolutely awesome and really encourages teams working together. If you enjoy playing online at least give this game a shot. I don't think you will regret it. Expand
  13. Nov 1, 2012
    Medal of Honor is simply put, a great game. A lot of critics truly did not analyze all aspects of the title, but instead rated the title very harshly due to it's minor problems. I will agree that this game definitely feels as though it could've used a couple more hours in the oven, but the core gameplay, customization, sound, and visuals are so fantastic, that the minor issues and problems bear almost no weight. The story is pretty great, the CG cutscenes are beyond beautiful, the guns sound fierce and incredible, and the simple beauty that ensues whenever one of my stray bullets hits a piece of the enemy cover and dust and particles fly everywhere, is beyond incredible. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun! The customization is fantastic, with all of the different accessories that I have the option of adding to my gun, as well as how I can represent the Nation of my choice with my classes is also a welcome addition to the franchise! The support actions are fun to use and help your team. The ability to spawn on your fireteam buddy and even create a platoon of several fireteams is also fantastic. There are so many creative and new aspects of this game that make it a no-brainer buy.

I do however have to mention the cons, because that is only fair. The worst things that I can honestly think of when I really look into the game are four things. Sometimes there is texture pop-in when spawning, or at the beginning of the map, but when it happens it is quick and it isn't constant. I also noticed that 1 in about 50 matches I spawned in a place that was either behind or below the map. There is also some audio cut-in and out when reloading the weapon sometimes, but again, this is rather infrequent. The final con that I found really to be a problem, was the amount of hours that this game sucked out of my nights, getting lost in the incredible multiplayer! ;)

In short, I believe that Warfighter is a great game that shooter fans everywhere can really enjoy. There are some minor bugs and glitches, but they are not game-breaking, nor do I think that they wouldn't be able to fix them with a patch or two. PROS:
    - Great Sound and Visuals
    - Incredible Multiplayer Suite that will keep you coming back for more
    - Incredible gun effects, bullet, effects, and overall high quality experience with weapons and reactions to them

CONS:
    - Minor texture pop-in in MP
    - Minor sound cut-out issues (only noticed in MP)
  14. Jan 24, 2013
    I'm tired of the troll's giving this game 1's and O's, writing reviews filled with hyperbole. If I were to be honest, I should probably give the overall game a 9 simply based on the overly complex multiplayer screens.

I personally loved the single player campaign. I served in the Marines and appreciate the tone that this team uses in depicting our warfighters. I think a lot of the
    negativity is from people shying away from the reality that there are really rotten scumbags out there who would kill anyone who believes differently than them in a heartbeat.

The multiplayer part of the game is a bit different than it's predecessor. The maps feel smaller, but once you learn them, they seem to flow pretty well. I like the BF3 / MOH games a bit more than the COD games (which I own), but I understand that there are a TON of FPS games out there and people have different tastes. I get that. I just don't understand the hate that this franchise gets. Play the game. Make up your own mind. I personally liked it.
  15. Feb 24, 2013
    Single player may be a lil bit bad,i can understand if u don't like it.But MP is a beast.The best one i have ever seen.Better than MW3,BF3,Killzone 3,...Awesome game.But if u didn't buy a "Limited Edition",you may have problems because nearly all matches are in Zero Dark Thirty maps.I reccomend the game,but the limited edition.
  16. Dec 9, 2013
    Obliterates CoD IMO. I played CoD Black Ops before this and I thought this was so much better for single player. Story line was much better and gameplay was also better IMO. I'll seek out the others now. Loved it.
  17. Nov 25, 2012
    Wow this game has a low score. I suppose you have to judge it by the entire package and to be perfectly honest, I didn't even play the online portion. I rented it! It's easy for me to give this game a great score since I didn't plunk down 60 bucks for it. I didn't care for the last MOH online game so I doubt I would have felt much different about this one anyway. The single player story though, was the best of the bunch. While too short, I don't see why this just wasn't the story for Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4. It was authentic from the human dialogue to the weapon dialogue. Everything looked and sounded great which really immersed me, and that is what I'm looking for. It is unfortunate that every shooter that shines(has no crippling glitches) on the PS3 scores lower than certain others, so that is why I'm giving this game a 10. If you bought it and the multiplayer didn't suit you I'd say you would be disappointed at the length of the campaign. The quality of the campaign however, is much better than anything in the Call Of Duty, Modern Warfare or Battlefield franchises. Expand
  18. Nov 3, 2012
    Good MP. Cover based not run and gun. A thinking gamers shooter. Great sound. Great coop and customization. I like cod mw, but this is a more realistic tactical mil sim / shooter
  19. Oct 31, 2012
    The game is good overall. The campaign is interesting and fun. The sniping and driving missions are cool. The graphics are great. However, the graphics aren't that good for the multiplayer. The fact that some of the missions occurred in real life makes it better. The multiplayer takes a while to get used to. But once you play for an extended amount of time it grows on you.
  20. Nov 1, 2012
    When I purchased this game I was extremely hesitant because of all the reviewers bashing it. I enjoyed the first MOH(2010) so much that I looked past all the negative reviews for this one and went for it. I am so glad that I did. I am thoroughly enjoying my time with the multiplayer especially. The addition, of the fireteams is fantastic. It makes everyone accountable for each other. In no way do I think this game is perfect. I have encountered a couple small bugs. However, I cannot stand the fact that people give this game a 0. If I had listened to them I wouldn't be enjoying this great game. I really could not agree with AustraliaMan more. It's going to make me laugh when I see Black Ops2 get a 10 from all these people. I will no longer be listening to critic and fan reviews because if I did that, the only FPS on my shelf would be the Call of Duty's. Expand
  21. Dec 13, 2012
    Despite the immense criticism Medal of honor wanted to change something in their genre as most always compared to COD, EA wanted to make this game more realistic like the sound of bullets and gun camos. I think they tried to do as Operation Flashpoint putting a touch of BF3. For me it is a great game because it reflects the harsh reality in the Middle East beyond. So if you are tired of the **** Call of duty every year is the same I recommend buying this or another game like BF Bad Company and Borderlans 2 Expand
  22. Jan 18, 2013
    I believe there is a big difference between realistic and fantasy. I bought this game, played it through several times and loved it. Multiplayer is great and at last I can play as an Aussie. There are some minor glitches but nothing major. Story is engaging and having been to war myself I can relate to the problems soldiers face when returning home. The only complaint I have is that the single player campaign was only about 8 or 9 hours ( anyone who says 6 hasn't played it properly ), but that is about the same as any COD game. Expand
  23. Jul 8, 2013
    I will admit, the first time that i played this game i did not give it a fair chance. I played to the first sniper sequence and decided that the game was trying to hard to be realistic, so i quite. However, now that i have finished the full game i can now tell you enough how completely off my first impressions were. This game has an amazing campaign with one of the most gripping and emotional stories that i have ever seen in a shooter! On top of that, the multiplayer is the best that i have ever played as far as FPS go! In the end Medal of Honor: Warfighter is an outstanding shooter! Sure its not without its got problems with frame rate, some glitchy cutscenes and a few other random bugs but that does not hold it back from being the best military FPS that i have ever played! CoD should certainly take a few lessons from the guys over at Danger Close! Can't wait to see where they take the Medal of Honor series next! Expand
  24. Jun 4, 2014
    I love the MoH series and I feel it deserves a 10 because it is amazing in all aspects after you have played it and gotten used to it. At first, I felt the gameplay and graphics were lacking but once you have gotten used to it it grows on you. I'll give a more detailed review asap.
  25. Oct 3, 2013
    The story mode was better than battlefield 3 and it is awesome to play the role of real soldiers and on real missions! The online mode is very fun when you get used to the game play (You NEED to know when to camp and when to rush)
    IGN and etc all focused on the VERY small and pointless problems which makes others think the game is bad as for the glitch's i had zero of them (i know it's
    not the same for everyone) and its sad to see how much hate this game gets when it deserves more credit than any other fps!
    P.S If you think mohWF is full of glitch's you should go play bf3!
  26. Sep 19, 2013
    This game is epic! most people like IGN hate on it and lie through there teeth to make sure gamers don't buy it, first problem they had. "the enemy AI is easy and begging to get shot at", I died a couple times in a single mission on easy mode (never died on easy mode in CoD... just saying) another is the story mode. story was depicted and told by a REAL tier 1 solider. or as pre_-cision-_ said "As for the multiplayer its a cheap call of duty knock off." no not really, you have to do real like taking cover, lean and tilt around corners, and check areas before entering, instead of just running towards the enemy because "I HAVE A FLAKJACKET!!" and survive napalm and missiles...
    the graphics and missions are very good, considering the game convinced hard core CoD fan friends to say that this game is better by far than Black OpsII.
    I Recommend this game, but you can listen to IGN and buy halo instead

1. Dec 19, 2012
    Where COD maintains a smooth 60fps, Warfighter gets a nosebleed trying to put out 30fps. Modern Warfare boasts near-instant restarts after death; here, lengthy loading times merely add to the frustration.
  2. Dec 14, 2012
    As a complete package, Medal of Honor: Warfighter is disappointing when you consider the amount of hype surrounding it.
  3. Every once in a while Danger Close breaks the endless mould of duck & cover gameplay by letting you mark a building for an air strike, chase down an informant or provide sniper support. But even these sequences repeat themselves multiple times throughout the game. [December 2012, p.68]