7.2

1. Dec 18, 2012
    OMG! I have so much power! Barelyu anyone's reviewd this! Okay MM9.... i've played you so many times. But, you go out of your way to make people hate you. And you deserved to be hated. Thank you for a few hours of kinda-fun. Un thankyou for creating a game, on purpose, that I couldn't progress. You should've been MM10 and give me a mode that at least let's me play the game., That game get's a 9.
  2. Jun 10, 2014
    Are you an older gamer? Do you fondly remember Mega Man from the golden days of Nintendo? Did you love those games? Have you not played them in a long time, but sometimes sit around and reminisce with friends in a "hey you guys remember Mega Man? those games were awesome!!!!" kind of way?

Then you will enjoy MM9.

If you are a big MM fan, as in you STILL play those old games, then
    you will hate this game with a burning passion.

I could go on and on, but the im going to keep this short. There is one statement that a friend said (another one of those "still plays MM games" kind of person) about this game that sums it up perfectly. To paraphrase:

"Its like Capcom suddenly realized that the NES Mega Man games were popular on the internet, and then they went to gaming forums and searched out discussions about those games, noted that everyone talked about how hard they used to be challenging and that it took real skill and dedication to beat them, and rewarded said attributes with excellent gameplay, and wrote all this down on a checklist. Then the lead designer, at the beginning of the project somehow distilled all those qualities down to one statement about what gamers wanted: GAME MUST BE REALLY HARD. They mistook "Challenge" for "Hardness" and built the entire game around that. And to boot, the guy must have been a really crappy designer because the entire source of the challenge in this game is a whose who list of terrible things that the AVGN has made a career out of lampooning."

That sums it up. This game is as hamfisted in its "challenge" as Mega Man 8, but with a dose of HGH. And yes, I mean that in a bad way.

However, this game has some of the best music of the entire franchise. They got that part right at least.

Mega Man 9 is exactly what hardcore gamers were hoping it would be, as Capcom has come out of the gate with a game that's full of nostalgia and fan-service, but also one that truly does rival the best in the franchise's 8-bit roots.
  2. Buy it, finish it, love it, because if this takes off we’re going to see a renaissance of new-old games. And if that happens, a whole new batch of gamers will grow up learning why rock-solid gameplay, not tera-flipping flop-bib shaders, make games truly exceptional.
  3. It's damn near impossible, but you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment if you manage to beat the final boss. The replay value is high, thanks to additional challenge and time attack stages, along with promising downloadable content.