Megamind: Ultimate Showdown PlayStation 3

4.2

1. Feb 13, 2011
    Compared to other games, this isn't top notch. But for what it is, a family game, it's well built. There are very few glitches that have plagued other family games like Up. You're not going to go out and buy this game with the intention of playing it for a month or something. The game is short, under 3 hours easily. My friend and I both platinumed the game in less that 5 hours (so 2 platsCompared to other games, this isn't top notch. But for what it is, a family game, it's well built. There are very few glitches that have plagued other family games like Up. You're not going to go out and buy this game with the intention of playing it for a month or something. The game is short, under 3 hours easily. My friend and I both platinumed the game in less that 5 hours (so 2 plats in less than 5 hours). It was good for trophies and considering I got it for $25 and traded it in when I was done for $25, I got a great deal. The game is actually pretty fun, it doesn't drag on and feel like a chore. It was actually fun beating it. If you get it for your kids, it'd be a fun 2P game. Best of all it's only like $30 new and its the easiest platinum trophy on the ps3. I suggest you get it. When you see my review of Mafia 2 at 8 that doesn't mean that these games are similar in quality. It just means that in their respective genres and compared to their individual competitors, they're similar. I obviously recommend Mafia 2 over this game as this game literally take 3 hours to beat but it's still worth a play, especially if you're a trophy hunter. Verdict:
    Rent it. It's too short to buy but it's still a cool game for it's genre.

1. Jan 11, 2011
    If only some time and effort went into creating what could be an enjoyable romp. As it turns out this reeks of disappointment.
  2. Jan 2, 2011
    Buy this game only if you're under 12 and a fan of the movie.
    Overall, Megamind: Ultimate Showdown is a decent platformer, but lacks in many other aspects from a lackluster story to repetitive gameplay.