7.1

1. Jan 30, 2012
    Maybe they closed the studio, but this game really deserved more. Maybe it wasn't the best game ever made, but if they could just make a better shooting system, then the gameplay would be on the top quality. That's what ruined this game in my opinion, because it affected every single second of the gameplay. But it was actually good. So many hours of gameplay, so MANY unclockable cars andMaybe they closed the studio, but this game really deserved more. Maybe it wasn't the best game ever made, but if they could just make a better shooting system, then the gameplay would be on the top quality. That's what ruined this game in my opinion, because it affected every single second of the gameplay. But it was actually good. So many hours of gameplay, so MANY unclockable cars and other vehicles, SO MANY NUKE BOMBS and so much entertaining. Don't say you didn't like it if you played it for 20 - 30 hours. It is addicting and bunch of fun. There are always something to do and the map is SO BIG. You have to try this game out before you die one day. Expand
  2. Mar 29, 2011
    I imagine this could be a fun game. Unfortunately it freezes up your entire system at the main menu as soon as the game attempts to connect to the online servers. This makes mercs 2 the unquestioned definition of a broken game. Glad I picked it up from the bargin bin. Its now an expensive coaster!
  3. Sep 27, 2010
    Mercs 2 sucks. The AI is terrible, the map seems extremely familiar, everything I have seen on the game is sooo generic. The jokes suck, the missions seems repetitive, the side missions are stupid, and there's not a very good plot line.
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    What a disappointment, The first game was one of the most entertaining games I've ever played. This one is way to easy, has respawning enemies, adds unnecessary stuff (like collecting fuel), the graphics were actually better on PS2, all the same bugs from the first one remain and more are added! Avoid this one!
  5. Oct 22, 2011
    One of the worst game I have ever played on PS3. Awkward enviromental design. Terrible AI. Lack of joy, entertainment, anxiety. Irritating controls. Simple IQ Story telling....

Check the price of this junk. 5,50 usd ! :)))
    Stay away from that game for your own good. Waste of time and HD space on your hardware.
  6. Aug 29, 2013
    It's one-dimensional, but it doesn't pretend to be anything else. Is it for hardcore gamers? It must not be, because I enjoyed it and I'm a "play it through once and sell it" kind of guy. I don't dispute the criticisms some folks are leveling, but I didn't notice them myself.

It's a brainless run-and-gun. You get a mission, you go shoot guys and blow stuff up. That's exactly what I expected. It's kind of the antithesis of GTA IV, which IMHO suffered from being TOO lifelike. This is just "pop it in the machine and wreak havoc" kind of game, and sometimes that's a good thing.

I also noticed that even 5 years after release, it's still easy to find a partner online... at least it is at 6 a.m. when I've been playing it :-)

So, while your jaw won't drop at how innovative it is, it's still good, brainless fun.
  7. Apr 12, 2013
    8.5-Presentation: The setup is interesting. And the plot is well written and paced. Featuring well flesshed out characters with hilarious and interesting dialogue. The menu's are well laid out.
    8.5-Graphics: Beautiful art style, realistic shadowing, excellent explosions, and great textures. The animations are weak though.
    7.5-Sound: Voice acting is hit or miss, but the music is excellent
    7.5-Sound: Voice acting is hit or miss, but the music is excellent and the sound effects are good.
    7.5-Gameplay: The actual map design is amazing. But the missions are mediocre. However, the controls are great, and the mechanics are solid. The AI is rather dumb. Luckily an inovative co-o mode comes to save the day.
    8.5-Lasting appeal: There's plenty to do and tons to blow up. There's a lot of toys to play with, and co op adds value to the package.
    Overall-8/10
  8. Jun 16, 2014
    I really don't know how I feel about this game.. Originally I bought the game for $5 (just for the **** and giggles) and was semi disappointed.

Really, all I can say is the vehicles in this game are awesome. I had a blast riding around in the monster truck and plowing over my enemys. What makes it even better are the arcade style driving mechanics that offer a crazy taxi sort of feel.

The only reason this game got bad reviews was the shooting mechanics and boring missions (this is coming from someone who finished 1/3 of the game). Mercs 2 biggest selling point is destruction, so why cant we have more destruction missions? The game offers more hunt the targets or capture the base sort of gameplay which isn't all that bad and not all that good. Also the tedious shooting mechanics make it feel as if your bullets are flying around in the entire circle reticle.

Personally I didn't get a chance to try the co-op since the game keeps freezing upon launch - due to pandemic studios closure. This was a bit of a downer but for paying $5 it wasn't too much of a problem.

Overall 7.5/10

I still don't know if I plan on finishing the game..

1. The game is worth a rental and a purchase if you want to keep your destruction going. So if you’re looking for a fun game, check out Mercs 2.
    For every time I cursed the stupid AI, I cheered at the demolition of another building. For every bug that got me stuck in some bushes, there was an attack chopper waiting to be jacked. If Mercenaries 2 had more polish, it would have been a great game. As is, it’s still worth playing – and enjoyable – but falls far short of its promise.
    It won't light the world on fire, but this next-gen playground of destruction offers you tons to do (well, tons to explode), it's always enjoyable, and I dove right back in after the credits rolled.