5.4

1. Nov 16, 2013
    This DLC is about 40 minutes to an hour long. It is so much fun playing as Blade Wolf, the combat and graphics are amazing. The boss fight at the end is almost as phenominal as the original games last boss battle. This DLC is great and adds a little more to the story, plus both dlcs for Rising are free now so go and dowload them. Overall Score= 85/100
  2. May 16, 2013
    honestly, this was a pretty decent DLC. I mean yeah the same problems do exist, with it being too short and stuff but I'll get into that later. In this DLC, you play as Blade Wolf and it takes place in the events before he faced off with Raiden. thats all you need to know plot wise.

What I liked in this DLC is how they made him playable, which I never expected would happen, Throwing
    heat knives was cool too, and the boss battle wasn't recycled, it was new, and it was awesome, and it proposed a challenge as well, I died three times trying to beat him. Also there is more character development with Blade Wolf but more importantly Mistral, because in the original game, I felt she didn't have enough of that.

What I disliked is pretty much the obvious though. The Gameplay is really short, I mean, REALLY short, and doesn't feel like it was worth $7. Blade mode was kind of hard to control considering there was this huge ass angle you had to deal with, Half the content is literally training VR's and it feels like a lazy thing to do when trying to fill in the allotted time slot. this overall feels kind of lazy basically giving Blade Wolf the same mechanics as Raiden, but with slower attacks and heat knives

I know it may sound bad, but I really can't put my finger on if this was worth spending my money or not, but you know what, I say try it out, se what you think, though you may be disappointed is what I am trying to get at. Platinum Games if you ever see this, please step up your game on DLC because now I am wondering if it will be worth it getting the next DLC if there is one.

Overall: Its decent, but not enough to gain full satisfaction
  3. May 14, 2013
    Recycled content just don’t expect anything new whatsoever, but the feeling of a missed opportunity is the impression left. Platinum Games doesn't really do DLC all that often, and the studio really need to up its game if it wants to dive into add-ons in the future.
  4. May 16, 2013

Overall: Its decent, but not enough to gain full satisfaction
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. May 20, 2013
    The length won’t win over the more casual players, but for those who still can’t get enough of Metal Gear Rising, Blade Wolf serves as a welcome slice of cyber-dog action.
  2. May 15, 2013
    It would have been a great unlockable extra, but as downloadable content the price of being a robot dog for an hour just doesn’t add up.