7.9

1. May 28, 2013
    With one of the simpler stories in the franchise, Peacewalker proves itself a worthy installment with its characters and unique art style, not to mention its often-brilliant sense of humor.
  2. Mar 23, 2014
    If you played the PSP version, you can probably skip this one, but if you never did, and you're a Metal Gear fan, you must play it. The controls are better on PS3, graphics are nicer, and the depth of the game is incredible. Go read the PSP reviews to get a feel for what you're in for, I don't need to reinvent the wheel, but suffice to say, this game has everything. From shooting action,If you played the PSP version, you can probably skip this one, but if you never did, and you're a Metal Gear fan, you must play it. The controls are better on PS3, graphics are nicer, and the depth of the game is incredible. Go read the PSP reviews to get a feel for what you're in for, I don't need to reinvent the wheel, but suffice to say, this game has everything. From shooting action, to sneaking, to capturing soldiers, to endless challenges...beating the game is just the beginning of your journey in Peace Walker.

Anyone who goes into Ground Zeroes and the upcoming Phantom Pain are missing out on the storyline if they don't play through this at least once. Chico and Paz are central characters here and the "what happened to them next" carries over into Ground Zeroes. It has been said that this game is the Metal Gear game Kojima wanted to make as a real sequel to MGS3, and it shows. It has all the trademark humor, collectibles, challenge, boss battles, etc. that MGS4 was missing.

I really can't say enough good things about this. If you're a fan of the series and you feel like killing a LOT of time, there is plenty to do here. I believe it can be beaten up to 200% once all the final objectives and side ops are complete. There are even some insane arena battles ripped straight from Monster Hunter.

Initially, it was designed around co-op (local multiplayer with nearby PSP players is baked in and expected for certain things) but the HD version is a little harder to get through since the game has "had it's day" already and has dropped off in popularity. Still, you may be able to find a few people in the middle of the night to join up with for co-op if you're going for total completion. This isn't necessary to "beat" the game, but it's useful and almost completely necessary to beat the extra ops.

If you want to get a feel for what's next in the series, Peace Walker HD is the right place to start, because after I completed the initial mission in Ground Zeroes, PW HD is all I could think about.
  3. Aug 28, 2013
    Pure artwork. This game may not have as much of an in depth story, but it puts together what I found were vital pieces to the whole MGS puzzle. coming from Metal Gear and Snakes Revenge, this is way more than I could have ever imagined. Its my second favorite MGS game, first being snake eater, which is an easy 10 for what they were going for. I give it a solid 9.
  4. Jan 5, 2013
    This game is **** just walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking overThis game is **** just walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife,walking over there,kill with knife, Expand
  5. Oct 20, 2015
    The worst game on the MGS franchise (i still haven't played The Phantom Pain) this game is absolute and utter ****
    The gameplay for the stealth sections is fine, is like a stripped-down MGS4, but what it really does awful are the boss battles. Remember Volgin, the Shagohod, The End or The Boss? Forget them, because this game's bosses are only: Shoot, avoid, shoot, avoid, shoot, avoid. And in the case of the non-lethal options for some of the bosses: Knock out, fulton, wait 'till more soldiers come until the guy driving the vehicle gets out, shoot the guy. Is so repetitive that i can't finish it, it's sad.
    The script is awful, the story is unfocused and the dialogue is cheesy even for Metal Gear standards.
    Luckily, this game is a part of the HD Collection, which already has MGS3 Subsistence and MGS2 Substance, much better games than this piece of ****
  6. Dec 19, 2016
    I was not expecting all that much from this game sense It was on the PSP, but man was I wrong holy crap this is one of my Favorite Metal Gear games Of all time includeing the PSP version which I played this year.
  7. Oct 21, 2016
    Typical top tier quality on this Metal Gear title. Really, after all these years this is one of the few franchises that there is no worry that it will be pure quality time and time again, and Peace Walker keeps with that tradition.

There are no critic reviews yet.