9.2

1. Jul 10, 2013
    The best MGS collection ever? No, the best gaming collection in history. It includes some critically acclaimed classics like MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3, and current gen titles like the flawless MGS4 and the biggest PSP game MGSPW.

It's rather hard to make a review for a collection of 7 games, so I'll make it quick: don't go and buy it, run down to your closest gaming store and take this motherf*cker!
  2. Jul 14, 2013
    Some of the most, important, thought provoking, intuitive and fun games ever released, consolidated on a two-disc set. Gamers will not be disappointed by the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection.
  3. Jul 10, 2013
    Contains all MGS games from the main story line? Check. Contains new material never released before? Check. Contains some additional gift to please the fans and/or collectors? Check. Is this the very best Metal Gear collection ever released? Check. I was sold when I read it included the 2 digital graphic novels in HD never before released in America and MGS VR Missions. I'd have paid much more for this, and for only $50 this is the best deal. The 100-page artbook this includes is definitely a plus, since it was not required to make this a great package. I admit I was frustrated at the beginning because I couldn't find the digital graphic novels. If you are too... go check the Movies section of your PS3 when the disc is inserted. I am deducting 1 point from perfect because it says nothing on where to find the movies and I had a hard time figuring it out, and also for including MGS and VR as downloadable vouchers and not in a physical disc. Expand
  4. Sep 10, 2013
    Why 10/10? Well, maybe because
    A: 50 Dollars for 8 games, an extra concept art book, HD remaster, and finally, everyone of the games are actually fun and classics from an older generation when fantastic story and good gameplay was actually important to companies. (As it still is with Kojima and Konami) Your getting your moneys worth, and your getting your hands on one of the best game
    franchises ever. All the titles other than Portable Ops (Which sucks anyways so your not missing much) Great, buy it.....Go, buy it....now. Expand
  5. Sep 28, 2013
    Great content and great games. Need I say more? The games are legendary and even the older ones are still fun to play, but it feels dated. But the art book and the digital graphic novels are great and should introduce new players to MGS and bring back old fans
  6. Jul 16, 2013
    If you don't have all the MGS games and have even the slightest passion for MGS, go get this collection. And play them in order. My...my...what an experience. I knock off one point because Portable Ops wasn't included
  7. Jul 17, 2013
    There has never been a better deal in the history of video games. This would even be worth twice the amount for half the quality it is offering. I need 6 more characters to post this
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    A man loyal to the pixels of game, show for us this amazing collection. Hideo Kojima's DNA written within this collection. A Story of three Generations inside this collection.It's not a simple collection, it's more a documentary showing for us the evolution of MGS and Sony's consoles.
    For those who have a PS3 and never have played MGS, BUY, YOU WON'T REGRET.
  9. Oct 2, 2013
    How do I put this....if you have not been able to play or not been bothered to play MGS then i beg pick this up...it is without a dout one of the best game collections in history. That is all there is to say. 40 pound for 7 amazing games? why have you not brought this yet go and get it.Experience the world that is Metal Gear Solid and i promise you, you will not be disappointed.
  10. Aug 31, 2013
    This is one of the best series of gaming. They made all of the games (Except for Acid,Rising,Ghost Bable)
    merged into two disks with MGS1 and DLC, MGS2, MGS3,MGS4 and MGS PW. The only thing I don't like about this is that MGS1 is on a DLC sheet.
  11. Jul 17, 2013
    Amazing amount of content for $50. One of the most greatest franchises of all time. I would have given it a 10 for how much content there is alone, and that;s to say nothing about the games themselves.
  12. Aug 4, 2013
    If you have not experienced the Metal Gear Solid franchise and you wish to do so, this is an absolute must-have. You've heard of them online, I'm sure. Even if you don't think you will like the games (in my case, i just didn't like stealth games), Give it a shot. After all, It's 7 classic and legendary games for only a 50$ price tag.
  13. Nov 13, 2013
    Nine is my personal score to this terrific MGS collection. Why not Ten? I'll explain you at the end of the review. Note well: this is a review to the collection itself, not to the single games (Although I've nothing to say about. They are all almost perfect).
    Let's see what's inside the box. First of all the game case, where we find two discs: the first one contains MGS4: Guns of The
    Patriots. The second one is basically the MGS HD Collection, and contains MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Subsistence, and MGS: Peace Walker. In addition to the MGS HD Collection, the second disc contains also the graphic novels of the first two chapter of the MGS Saga. In the case, we also have a piece of paper reporting a PSN Code we can use to download the digital version of the first MGS (Originally for PSX), including VR Missions.
    The surprises don't end here: as a matter of fact, in the box there's a huge art book, containing the story of all the MGS saga, including some cool images of the various games. It's not the usual art book you find in the special editions of various games, cause It's elegant and It has a cardboard cover, so It's quite resistant.

At the end you have 7 games (including MG1 and MG2 contained in the Subsistence edition of MGS3), two graphic novels, and an art book. I recommend It to anyone is a fan of the MGS Saga and also to people who never played these fantastic games. Considering the price, It's a real bargain!

The only flaw: considering the releasing of MGS V next year, I would have included also the HD version of MGS: Portable Ops, in order to complete the story of Big Boss. That's the reason It doesn't deserve full score 10/10.
  14. Dec 10, 2013
    one of the best game franchise in history 10 full games absolutely amazing if you have not played metal gear this is the time the legacy collection contains every single metal gear game to date except metal gear rising this is a piece of gold get the legacy collection and live the legendary moments again aregatoo kojima long live metal gear
  15. Feb 25, 2014
    As a newcomer to the franchise I can safely say that the metal gear series is now amongst my all time favourites. This is an excellent collection which brings together one of the best stories in video gaming together into 1 package. The games are all great in their own right but together in this collection which has been masterfully put together, includes graphic novels for 1 and 2 for those who do not wish to play games of the older, more challenging variety. I can safely give my highest recommendation to anyone who has not played metal gear before and would like to now. Expand
  16. Oct 1, 2013
    The Metal Gear series are just the best that the PlayStation could have. Good story, good gaming.
    But a collection for the 25 th anniversary? That's just epic!
  17. Nov 10, 2013
    If you are a MGS fan then you need to buy this it was made for you 7 of the best games ever made and all only for $50 and if you have never played a MGS game and are looking to get into it before MGS 5 then buy this it contains all the important games in the franchise.

1. Sep 12, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection is an incredible compilation of one of the most important videogame series in all time, with good price and better presentation.
  2. If you’re an absolute newcomer to this series, this is must-buy material as it’s the best value PS3 bundle since the Orange Box. Each title has been lovingly remastered and every entry included pushed the boundaries back in the day to be the best titles of their release year, if not their entire generation. No serious PlayStation gamer should be without these. [September 2013, p78]
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    There’s a reason why Metal Gear Solid is so beloved — if you’ve never had the chance to find out, now’s the perfect time to take the plunge.