MLB 07: The Show PlayStation 3

7.5

1. BaseballDoc
    May 18, 2007
    Graphics aren't as good as 2K7. Overall game play is better. True baseball players would prefer this over 2K7. Casual fans and arcade player should get 2K7. I own them both and like things about each of them.
  2. MikeC.
    May 25, 2007
    The on line play is a total mess - I haven't been able to connect to a game yet. Should have bought 2K7
  3. WendellP.
    Jun 30, 2007
    This is the best basball game every created. Infield player movement could be a little smoother. Very close to being perfect. This very close to being the best game evere created.
  4. Rudy
    Aug 1, 2007
    Game is simply fantastic. The best baseball game out there imo and the best one I've ever played. They could beef up the minors and some very small complaints but I don't see how any baseball fan could not love this game. The fun factor is there in a big way.
  5. MarkW.
    May 18, 2007
    We can all agree that this is the best baseball game on the market. If you don't agree then you are asking the PS3 to deliver David Wright to your home with a lifetime supply of Taco Bell and pay you to become your best friend. This is the best video game baseball yet. Next years release will be even better, though I don't know how it can get much better. I am putting my bets on We can all agree that this is the best baseball game on the market. If you don't agree then you are asking the PS3 to deliver David Wright to your home with a lifetime supply of Taco Bell and pay you to become your best friend. This is the best video game baseball yet. Next years release will be even better, though I don't know how it can get much better. I am putting my bets on MLB 08: The Show. bty... I AM NOT a fan boy. I own and love every system...relax! Expand
  6. DionysusJ.
    May 23, 2007
    The characters animations are the best in ANY sports game to date; and the batting, pitching, and fielding mechanics are virtually flawless. MLB The Show is the definitive baseball simulator -- 2K7 is just a pretty face.
  7. JohnG.
    Jun 14, 2007
    You must definitely should NOT buy 2k7 ... the gameplay is a mess. MLB is the best baseball game I've ever played.
  8. AlecB.
    Jun 15, 2007
    This game pretty much blows. yea the graphics r amazing. buh the gamplay sucks so bad. unrealistic batting stances and player.. since when is david ortiz so skinny. 2k7 is better go buy that one.

Funky infielder logic, lackluster visuals and other odd changes to the gameplay formula literally turns a great baseball title on older systems into a good title on the PS3.
    The Show is a solid game, but where the PS2 (and PSP) versions are inspired, the PS3 offering doesn't give the same feeling of "real" baseball. It's a no-contest this season: For the best new-gen baseball, stick with the most beautiful choice: "MLB 2K7."
  3. Gameplay and authenticity are what set this game apart, both of which were also included in the PS2 version. Disappointingly, the graphics are very good but not excellent; as a result, I can't recommend the PS3 version over that of the PS2.