MLB 09: The Show PlayStation 3

8.1

1. JoeB
    Mar 4, 2009
    After reading how great the previous MLB:The Show was, I was convinced to take a shot and buy 09. I was not disappointed. This game is top notch. Looks beautiful and controls well. The depth and detail is amazing. Some aspects seem like they would be difficult to master but that makes it even better to me. There were some minor bugs that prevented a perfect score but this game lives up to After reading how great the previous MLB:The Show was, I was convinced to take a shot and buy 09. I was not disappointed. This game is top notch. Looks beautiful and controls well. The depth and detail is amazing. Some aspects seem like they would be difficult to master but that makes it even better to me. There were some minor bugs that prevented a perfect score but this game lives up to the hype. Must buy for baseball fans. Expand
  2. Jonathan
    Mar 6, 2009
    This year's offering is by far the best baseball game available since EA's MVP 2005. Road to the Show mode is incredibly well done. If you are looking for a good baseball sim, this is your choice. Please avoid 2K's game this year, and any other year for that matter. It would be more prudent to not buy a baseball game than to get 2K. The Show is the way to go this year and This year's offering is by far the best baseball game available since EA's MVP 2005. Road to the Show mode is incredibly well done. If you are looking for a good baseball sim, this is your choice. Please avoid 2K's game this year, and any other year for that matter. It would be more prudent to not buy a baseball game than to get 2K. The Show is the way to go this year and for the future. Expand
  3. AlwynM
    Mar 11, 2009
    Absolutely amazing game! I'm not even a huge baseball fan, but this game simply blew me away from the first second I played it! The best sportsgame since NFL 2k5!
  4. RyneD
    Mar 10, 2009
    MLB 09: The Show is a dramatic update to the series. The gameplay is as tight as ever (aside from the baserunning in RttS mode) while incorporating substantial improvements to the lighting and animation. Legacy issues still exist (e.g. players passing thru one another) but they do not detract from the overall feel and look of the game.
  5. AMiller
    Mar 3, 2009
    The addition of adding your own music is a trend that I hope continues with other PS3 titles down the line. Easily the best baseball game on the market.
  6. ZachD
    Mar 5, 2009
    Far and away the best baseball game on the market. The new base running controls take some getting used to, but the inclusion of September call-ups, adding your own music, and even the "record your own cheer/jeer" feature is kind of fun. Although it's not a complete revamping of last year's game, it does make some jumps forward that leave 2K9 crying, and there's no crying Far and away the best baseball game on the market. The new base running controls take some getting used to, but the inclusion of September call-ups, adding your own music, and even the "record your own cheer/jeer" feature is kind of fun. Although it's not a complete revamping of last year's game, it does make some jumps forward that leave 2K9 crying, and there's no crying in baseball. Expand
  7. TommyV
    Mar 6, 2009
    I would consider MLB 09: THE SHOW to be the definitive baseball title on the market. Of course, there is always room for improvement. In particular, the minor collision detection issues between the players and baseball still need to be addressed. Otherwise, this is a stellar title and should not be missed.
  8. MikeJ
    Mar 8, 2009
    One of the best sports games I've ever played. Easily the best baseball game. Depth and playability and pure beauty. Captures the greatness of America's Pastime perfectly.
  9. AlfredH
    Mar 14, 2009
    Only thing keeping it from getting a 10 is the serious lag issues with online play. It's my only complaint. Everything else in this game is amazing.
  10. ReubenL
    Mar 8, 2009
    I love the RTTS mode, it is easily the deepest player simulation i have ever played. The franchise mode is deep and awesome, including such little details as what vehicle your team goes to games in. i absolutely love every part of this game.
  11. ha2618
    May 10, 2009
    It is an amazing game like every year. there is only a few minor details that I would like for sony to fix as a fan of the game. More players in the bench and for them not to overlap each other.
  12. marky
    May 5, 2009
    This game is sick. It takes baseball video games to a whole new level. I can't stop playing this game.
  13. EnzoP.
    Aug 21, 2009
    MLB 09 the Show is super fun, very addicting but like every sports game it has errors. Like a foul ball in the dugout it just rolls on them. When you hit a home run it hits the people and bounces away, and they have no reaction. But franchise play in MLB 09 the Show is so much fun and realistic. You have to sign billboards, don't get into debt, raise or lower the tickets, scheduleMLB 09 the Show is super fun, very addicting but like every sports game it has errors. Like a foul ball in the dugout it just rolls on them. When you hit a home run it hits the people and bounces away, and they have no reaction. But franchise play in MLB 09 the Show is so much fun and realistic. You have to sign billboards, don't get into debt, raise or lower the tickets, schedule promotions, and much much more. The graphics are very good and gameplay controls are great. Overall MLB 09 the Show is "the best baseball game I have ever played." But I loved because I am a sports fan. But I am not sure if someone thats not a baseball fan will like this game. Almost no sport's games please everyone. Expand
  14. DavidG
    Mar 13, 2009
    SWEET! The "Road to the Show" addition is a great way for beginners to learn. There is only one thing I can see wrong with the game - the audience detailing sucks. They made additions to this game, which far exceeded my expectations, but for Christ's sake, make the surrounding audience a bit more realistic. PS3 can handle it. GTA series is a prime example of perfect secondary detailing.
  15. CreativeKhaos
    Sep 11, 2009
    The best baseball game ever. Can it be improved? Sure, baseball is complex, but this game gets the play done perfectly. The Road to the Show is a blast and the pitcher-batter interface is the best there's ever been. All thi ans unbelievable graphics too. I loved the addition of practice mode. I really wanted to be able to work on being able to pick up certain pitches better.The best baseball game ever. Can it be improved? Sure, baseball is complex, but this game gets the play done perfectly. The Road to the Show is a blast and the pitcher-batter interface is the best there's ever been. All thi ans unbelievable graphics too. I loved the addition of practice mode. I really wanted to be able to work on being able to pick up certain pitches better. This is a game that will suck up a lot of my life, and i'll love every minute if it! Expand

1. Much like the baseball season, fans are going to look back on this title as one of the best in recent memory. The experience it brings is rich and genuine, and -- as corny as this sounds -- it feels like you're right there in the ballpark. MLB 09: The Show will go down as a classic envisioning of American's favorite pastime.
  2. MLB ’09: The Show is a leap forward from ’08 on several fronts.
  3. Ultimately, MLB 09 walks a fine line, catering to both hardcore baseball fans and more casual players. There are a lot of deep game play elements and features to be explored, some complex and intricate.