Mar 20, 20111The pros is that this game finally included analog controls for pitching, fielding and batting. Also the many ways you can customize the game cameras is a plus. Besides that it's the same game with updated rosters. If you own last years game you pretty much have the same game as MLB the Show 11. On a side note I'm very bitter that SCEA is turning off the servers for MLB 10. Not even EA shuts down servers this quick. SCEA has been doing this for the past 3 years and I will not buy a new game from them. Get last years game to get you through the season and then buy MLB 11 around December for $10 used off of Gamefly. This game is not worth $60!
1) Still no playoff tournament mode.
2) Online is really bad (lags)
3) Presentation is the same as prior versions (very stale and now boring).
4) Franchise bugs, wait for patch again.
5) Graphical glitches (ie players going through walls) graphics over bright. 6) Collision detection still bad.
7) Load time and game saving is painfully slow.
8) Features removed from the game (ie pitch count button)
9) Developer is lazy with player portraits on the stock roster that shipped.
10) New game, new bugs, old bugs, same shish different day. $20 DLC at best!
MLB 11 is a good game, but 08, 09 and 10 were also good games, the only reason to upgrade is for rosters and online, but online is still broken.… Expand
May 17, 2011100Lord knows how long the San Diego boys can continue trumping themselves year after year, but for now their golden touch shows no sign of fading. [June 2011, p.106]
Apr 14, 201195MLB 11: The Show doesn't change a ton of content from last year, but that's not a bad thing. It makes enough small improvements to the visuals, animations, and gameplay mechanics to keep the experience fresh while advancing the series. It is by far the best baseball game ever made, without a doubt. If you're a baseball fan, sports fan, or even if you simply own a PS3, this game is a must-have.