7.4

1. Apr 13, 2013
    I bought this game expecting to see it be as good as MLB: 11 the show and MLB: 10 the show. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU WANT ANOTHER LIKE THE LAST 4 in the series. This game brings great dishonor to the other "The Show" games. All the mechanics are different. You cannot control the fielders anymore, instead the computer does it for you. WHICH IS SOOOOOO BORING AND FRUSTRATING. to see a computer make an error and you face the consequences for it, THATS BULL SH!T!!!! I gave this game a 0 because I feel completely ripped off. DO NOW BUY MLB: 12 THE SHOW!!!! P.S. this game sucks donkey testicles. Expand
  2. Apr 20, 2012
    Man is this game bad! All show (no pun intended) and absolutely no go. Hitting and pitching is absolutely broken no matter where you put your sliders or what style of hitting or pitching you use. Online is even worse, if you can manage to figure out the broken hitting and pitching physics and get ahead in the score, the other person quits about 95% of the time. Also if you are not hosting the game the other player has the advantage because not only are you dealing with broken controller physics but you are dealing with lag on top of it. Aside from broken controlls this game looks feels and sounds 100% like last years (broken) version and is merely a roster update like most sports games. Big disappointment for me overall, I am undefeated online but I really can't get over how bad this game is, you shouldn't need a physics degree to opperate the super inaccurate pitching and hitting that this game packs. Expand
  3. Apr 11, 2012
    It is impossible to hit consistently. Nothing but ground balls and double plays. I could understand if it is tough to hit on a high difficulty level, but it is the same on every difficulty level. Don't waste your money. You will have more fun playing World Series Baseball '95.

1. Up-'til-3am immersive. [May 2012, p.108]
  2. Apr 20, 2012
    MLB 12: The Show is once again the king of the hill of baseball games, but I'm starting to wonder if the developers might be taking the series for granted slightly. They aren't taking risks or dramatically improving the mechanics to any significant degree. This is all well and good seeing as how they are miles ahead of the competition.
  3. Apr 19, 2012
    Last year I said that MLB 11 wasn't a monumental step forward. I would say that MLB 12 is only a half-step forward for the series. Sure the competition within the genre is weak but that is still no excuse to leave much unchanged from last year's version. MLB 12: The Show is a fantastic game of baseball there just isn't enough new to make it an outright purchase recommendation.