MLB 13: The Show PlayStation 3

7.8

1. Mar 5, 2013
    Its the same as last years game. There are a couple changes to RTTS but nothing to warrant dropping $60 or trading in a bunch of your games to get this. Personally I think MLB 10 The Show was the best game and was almost perfect.This year pitching is harder and batting is also more complicated. Do I feel cheated again? Yup. Will you? Without a doubt.
  2. May 28, 2013
    Yea so if you haven't heard, this game hasn't changed all that much from last year. Same silly bugs we get ever year. Same goofy problems. Biggest aspect of change you'll want to know, the guess pitch feature. They changed it so that you either guess correctly on pitch & location & lock on, or get one wrong & get no feedback whatsoever. The rankings, as you also probably heard, areYea so if you haven't heard, this game hasn't changed all that much from last year. Same silly bugs we get ever year. Same goofy problems. Biggest aspect of change you'll want to know, the guess pitch feature. They changed it so that you either guess correctly on pitch & location & lock on, or get one wrong & get no feedback whatsoever. The rankings, as you also probably heard, are atrocious. I can site examples all day but here's the bottom line: if you don't play online, stick with the 12 or older version of this. If you're the kind of person who has to have the new thing when it cones out, don't say you weren't warned. Expand
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    REAL REVIEW from someone who has played every single game since The Show came out in 2006. Same as every other year. There are little improvements here and there, but nothing major. They added ONE new main feature (The Show Live) which isn't fun or interesting at all. This game is becoming like Madden. All they do is add tiny little features each year and you hear the word "Improvement" AREAL REVIEW from someone who has played every single game since The Show came out in 2006. Same as every other year. There are little improvements here and there, but nothing major. They added ONE new main feature (The Show Live) which isn't fun or interesting at all. This game is becoming like Madden. All they do is add tiny little features each year and you hear the word "Improvement" A LOT. Go ahead and read/watch some dev. interviews, you'll see/hear the word "Improved" a lot. They "improved" this and they "improved" that. Instead, they should be innovating (which this game does NOT do). You'll notice too that (just like Madden) they don't come out with more than just ONE new main feature each year. This year's main feature is The Show Live. Last year's main feature was Diamond Dynasty, see the pattern? They do have a "new" beginners mode. I put quotes around the word "new" because it's just another feature that they "improved" really. Also just take a look at Badasz's review... notice anything about it?? I'll take some quotes from his review if you don't feel like reading it.... "The game has a lot of improvement's from the last version".."Graphics and game play are the same"..."RTTS mode, its more realistic than ever" (another example of "improving" something)....Then he talks about the commentary and not hearing them while you play... umm... every single other The Show since 2006 allowed you to turn off commentary (which I always did)... so nothing new there. He talks about playoff atmosphere, just another little tiny improvement, I've always felt the atmosphere was great during playoff games in past The Show games. Manager mode, just "improved". They do this so that they have more to add into their game next year. They don't add other features ON PURPOSE....which I kind of understand, they are here to make money, not please their fans.... and we're the ones who suffer for it. They ad just the minimum amount of new features and improvements to fool players like Badasz into thinking it's a completely new game. Whatever happened to Create Your Own Stadium, Classic HOF players (Ruth, Mays, Paige).... I know they need legal rights to their names, but they've done it in the past, they can do it again.... what ever happened to players wearing their own team jerseys in the All-star game (like in real life), how about adding Fantasy Baseball in the game (like how you have fantasy baseball on yahoo or mlb .c o m. Where the HECK is The World Baseball classic... perfect year to have it. We've been waiting for The Show to add the WBC. I know they won't be able to use players real names, but isn't that what the Roster Vault is for?!?! Definitely wait for this game to drop to around at least $30 before buying it. With everything I said, If you loved last years game and aren't expecting/care-about huge changes and innovations and don't mind the exact same gameplay... then get this game. This game would be deserving of a 10/10 if it were the first or second baseball game to ever exist. It's a great game standing by itself, but since this game is part of a sports series, it deserves special treatment when reviewing it. Bottom line...
    Nothing new. Same Gameplay. Lots of little improvements (batting stances, things like that). ONE new main feature (The Show Live).... that's it

1. May 29, 2013
    A great, deep and entertaining baseball sim without a tutorial to welcome newcomers.
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    It’s the best baseball simulation available, but the biggest new feature is the mode for beginners, not very interesting to PS3 baseball aficionados. And the rest will probably ignore this game. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.79]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 23, 2013
    The Show remains the most authentic sports series of all time. FIFA can't touch it. [May 2013, p.108]