6.8

1. Apr 1, 2014
    Way to go San Diego Studios! The added features of the quick count and player lock is what I have been looking for without knowing I was looking for it. I can bounce around and play entire seasons with my favorite players and teams in the league. Knowing that I can carry my progress to the next rendition of the game is HUGE; why haven't developers thought of this feature before? I will tell you why: because they are afraid to raise the bar high enough to encourage players to buy a new version of the game. While the game is very similar to last year's game, the two aforementioned features fully-substantiates my purchase. I would like a little more control over player lock and quick count though. i.e. Player Lock the pitcher and turn off quick count and Player Lock a fielder strictly for batting. To anyone who is on the fence about this game: get off the fence and jump on to the field. Expand
  2. Apr 1, 2014
    This game is good maybe better then last years but still maybe the best game San Diego has done. The option to carry your progress to MLB 15 is huge! First game to do it! Also love the new RTTS and how they start it. Taking a page out of NBA 2Ks book. Even if it may still look like last years its better. I also have to admit that it kinda feels like a money grab they used on ps3 owners but atleast they think about the ones who still dont have the ps4 so they still give them something to play. Anyways 9/10.. Expand
  3. Apr 2, 2014
    You can send your saves to the Plus Cloud, then transfer to the PS4 in May. You can continue your characters into 2015 and beyond now and some retailers are offering a "turn in" program once the PS4 version becomes available. Now you get to play from day one and then get some love in May without spending $130! The game? I'm not sure I believe Sony about the "ticket stub" system making micro transactions cheaper than past games, but I do like the system itself and how easy it is to work with. The coaches demands on how to spend your training points seems to have gone away in RTTS mode. Only 24hrs into it all and the game seems to be fantastic once again. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2014
    If you have last year's version, this is a waste of money. Quick Counts? Player Lock? Snooze. These are just tack ons. Certainly not worth 60 bucks. And look. It's now almost 3PM the day of release and there aren't even any critic reviews. This game is just a money grab. A desperate attempt to squeeze an extra year out of PS3 owners. I didn't really think San Diego Studios would sink to that. I thought they were above that. But nope, they obvioulsy aren't. Expand
  5. Apr 1, 2014
    The best baseball game ever, excellents graphics, colors, great, great work for Sony San Diego, i'm waiting for PS4 version, thats be spectacular, RTTS its fresh, quik counts are great and the game feels more real than last years, excellent!!
  6. Apr 2, 2014
    wow this game is so amazing and hell fun to play.. i love new feature is quick count make game finish quickly.. nice graphic on ps3.. can't wait to play it on ps4 next month. i love new batting animations.. very nice menu interface..
  7. Apr 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game if you are not going to use the online game modes. the previous version was graphically better and its online gameplay much more solid.

1. Feels like all they did was get the MLB 13 version and add updated rosters. They knew we were going to buy this game so what do they do? Make a **** game and hype up the PS4 version to make it seem like its all worth it in the end, but is it? $120 for one piece of crap game and one solid game.
    Very disappointed with the game and do not recommend you buy the PS3 or Ps4 version. The reason I say don't buy the PS4 version is because they do not deserve to make profits off of this disasterous PS3 release.
    You want to know what the Devs respond to complaints on the Show Nation Forums. " Pleas read our rules on posting. If you have a bug, report it to the Bug Report. We are looking into the issue and will have the problem resolved when the PS4 version comes out." but you know what? It's been 3 weeks with no patches, still being dis from an online game.
    I had 10 Disc in about 500 games last year. This year i have been kicked out of a game 8 out of 22
    DO NOT GET THE GAME
    DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE FOR THERE GREEDNESS
    THEY SHOULD NOT BE MAKING MONEY OFF OF US
    SEND THE MESSAGE PEOPLE
  8. Apr 27, 2014
    I've been playing the show since 2009 and, sadly, this is probably the most embarrassing version that San Diego studios has "attempted" to launch. At least with previous versions, SDS tried to improve upon what they had from the previous year. This is exhaustively not so with 2014 (for the PS3 anyways...though PS4 doesn't look all that promising game play-wise.)

If you like Diamond
    Dynasty, good luck. I've had literally dozens of games frozen due to glitches (it's been about a month since launch and these haven't even attempted to have been addressed).

The studio has also apparently gone out of their way to reward those who have no idea how to play baseball. Don't want to strike out? Just aim low. Not kind of low, so you can protect the upper half of the strike-zone. I mean just try to golf at a ball in the dirt. If you get a 99 Mph fastball WAY up in the zone then no worries. There's really good chance you'll at least foul it off (and a small chance for a HR too! Yay baseball strategy!). Try to steal home a few times. Tags seem excruciatingly random. Even if a throw beats a base runner by a mile there's still a good chance they won't be tagged (somehow).

If offline play is your thing. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS VERSION!!! Seriously. It's a literal carbon-copy of 2013. Go get an updated roster from a roster vault and have at it (more). There is seriously nothing different for franchise mode or RTTS. Even better, you'll save yourself the headache of trying to navigate through a more complicated menu (for some reason...).

San Diego Studios has seriously embarrassed themselves with this year's version. If they spent less time on trivial "upgrades" such as quick counts, extra innings mode for online play (no one does that, BTW) and more time on actually making a game that works and maybe reading their grief reports then this would probably be a great game. Hopefully the PS4 version actually has workable game play. But the PS3 version was clearly a money-grab and has received no attention (that paying customers deserve) at all.
  9. Apr 2, 2014
    MLB 14 touches them all! Between all the new features, improvements on the existing features, and the ability to carry your saves on to future iterations, this is definitely the best The Show offering yet!
  10. Apr 4, 2014
    This game is truly amazing. It's like seeing a beautiful woman after a while and realizing she's more beautiful then you remember.

Whole the Quick Counts and Player Lock features are minor they are very impactful to how you can enjoy the game. I personally like to watch my Franchise games that I choose not to play in and the Quick Counts make it about an hour long instead of 4. Player
    Lock allows me to do something like be Derek Jeter in his final season.

The gripes I have are minor. I'd like to turn quick counts off in game, I'd like to NOT be able to choose the stadium you play in when playing a Franchise game and I'd like ot be able to wear your gloves when on the base paths ala Willie Mays Hayes.

I haven't delved into RTTS yet and I'm going to wait until the online mode isn't so laggy but I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. It's easily the best sports game I've ever played.
  11. Apr 10, 2014
    I don't have a review, but does anybody know whether or not the offline franchise mode for MLB 14: The show can be played 2 player? I have tried looking and everything I have found has showed about playing online.
  12. Apr 28, 2014
    So unreal that it is unreal. Terrible game compared to 13 The Show. This game isn't worthy of wiping my ass. 5 steps forward on the new features, but 50 steps back on gamely. There are no differences on graphics and the only good idea of this game is continuing players and franchises to 15 The Show.
  13. May 12, 2014
    I've been playing The Show since 2006 (the first one) and this is BY FAR the second worst version of the game (2009 was the worst). I sold my 2013 version, bought 2014.... I've since sold 2014 and re-bought 2013. Don't waste your money on 2014.... I could write paragraphs upon paragraphs about what is wrong with this game.... but just look at the other reviews and you'll see this years game is not good. Expand
  14. Jun 19, 2014
    Not that great. I was just thrown out while I was standing in the dugout. Awesome. I watched the replay, my guy scored went to the dugout and then ran back out and the other team tagged him. If you're winning in the 9th the computer becomes god. Its a simulator please let it be that way all through the game.

1. Jun 21, 2014
    Keeps the Show legacy alive with excellent aesthetics and immersive baseball simulations. [Issue#245, p.68]
  2. May 14, 2014
    With much better balance in gameplay and deep Road to the Show and Franchise modes, MLB 14: The Show continues to stand as the leader in baseball titles.
  3. May 4, 2014
    MLB 14: The Show is the best experience for the fans of this sport. This version is similar to previous episodes, but will seduce fans with its beautiful graphics and its impressive content.