6.7

1. Apr 1, 2014
    If you have last year's version, this is a waste of money. Quick Counts? Player Lock? Snooze. These are just tack ons. Certainly not worth 60 bucks. And look. It's now almost 3PM the day of release and there aren't even any critic reviews. This game is just a money grab. A desperate attempt to squeeze an extra year out of PS3 owners. I didn't really think San Diego Studios would sink toIf you have last year's version, this is a waste of money. Quick Counts? Player Lock? Snooze. These are just tack ons. Certainly not worth 60 bucks. And look. It's now almost 3PM the day of release and there aren't even any critic reviews. This game is just a money grab. A desperate attempt to squeeze an extra year out of PS3 owners. I didn't really think San Diego Studios would sink to that. I thought they were above that. But nope, they obvioulsy aren't. Expand
  2. Apr 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game if you are not going to use the online game modes. the previous version was graphically better and its online gameplay much more solid.

1. Feels like all they did was get the MLB 13 version and add updated rosters. They knew we were going to buy this game so what do they do? Make a **** game and hype up the PS4 version to make it seem like its all worth it in the end, but is it? $120 for one piece of crap game and one solid game.
    Very disappointed with the game and do not recommend you buy the PS3 or Ps4 version. The reason I say don't buy the PS4 version is because they do not deserve to make profits off of this disasterous PS3 release.
    You want to know what the Devs respond to complaints on the Show Nation Forums. " Pleas read our rules on posting. If you have a bug, report it to the Bug Report. We are looking into the issue and will have the problem resolved when the PS4 version comes out." but you know what? It's been 3 weeks with no patches, still being dis from an online game.
    I had 10 Disc in about 500 games last year. This year i have been kicked out of a game 8 out of 22
    DO NOT GET THE GAME
    DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE FOR THERE GREEDNESS
    THEY SHOULD NOT BE MAKING MONEY OFF OF US
    SEND THE MESSAGE PEOPLE
  3. Apr 27, 2014
    I've been playing the show since 2009 and, sadly, this is probably the most embarrassing version that San Diego studios has "attempted" to launch. At least with previous versions, SDS tried to improve upon what they had from the previous year. This is exhaustively not so with 2014 (for the PS3 anyways...though PS4 doesn't look all that promising game play-wise.)

If you like Diamond

If you like Diamond Dynasty, good luck. I've had literally dozens of games frozen due to glitches (it's been about a month since launch and these haven't even attempted to have been addressed).

The studio has also apparently gone out of their way to reward those who have no idea how to play baseball. Don't want to strike out? Just aim low. Not kind of low, so you can protect the upper half of the strike-zone. I mean just try to golf at a ball in the dirt. If you get a 99 Mph fastball WAY up in the zone then no worries. There's really good chance you'll at least foul it off (and a small chance for a HR too! Yay baseball strategy!). Try to steal home a few times. Tags seem excruciatingly random. Even if a throw beats a base runner by a mile there's still a good chance they won't be tagged (somehow).

If offline play is your thing. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS VERSION!!! Seriously. It's a literal carbon-copy of 2013. Go get an updated roster from a roster vault and have at it (more). There is seriously nothing different for franchise mode or RTTS. Even better, you'll save yourself the headache of trying to navigate through a more complicated menu (for some reason...).

San Diego Studios has seriously embarrassed themselves with this year's version. If they spent less time on trivial "upgrades" such as quick counts, extra innings mode for online play (no one does that, BTW) and more time on actually making a game that works and maybe reading their grief reports then this would probably be a great game. Hopefully the PS4 version actually has workable game play. But the PS3 version was clearly a money-grab and has received no attention (that paying customers deserve) at all.
  4. Apr 28, 2014
    So unreal that it is unreal. Terrible game compared to 13 The Show. This game isn't worthy of wiping my ass. 5 steps forward on the new features, but 50 steps back on gamely. There are no differences on graphics and the only good idea of this game is continuing players and franchises to 15 The Show.
  5. May 12, 2014
    I've been playing The Show since 2006 (the first one) and this is BY FAR the second worst version of the game (2009 was the worst). I sold my 2013 version, bought 2014.... I've since sold 2014 and re-bought 2013. Don't waste your money on 2014.... I could write paragraphs upon paragraphs about what is wrong with this game.... but just look at the other reviews and you'll see this yearsI've been playing The Show since 2006 (the first one) and this is BY FAR the second worst version of the game (2009 was the worst). I sold my 2013 version, bought 2014.... I've since sold 2014 and re-bought 2013. Don't waste your money on 2014.... I could write paragraphs upon paragraphs about what is wrong with this game.... but just look at the other reviews and you'll see this years game is not good. Expand

1. Jun 21, 2014
    Keeps the Show legacy alive with excellent aesthetics and immersive baseball simulations. [Issue#245, p.68]
  2. May 14, 2014
    With much better balance in gameplay and deep Road to the Show and Franchise modes, MLB 14: The Show continues to stand as the leader in baseball titles.
  3. May 4, 2014
    MLB 14: The Show is the best experience for the fans of this sport. This version is similar to previous episodes, but will seduce fans with its beautiful graphics and its impressive content.