6.7

1. Apr 1, 2014
    Way to go San Diego Studios! The added features of the quick count and player lock is what I have been looking for without knowing I was looking for it. I can bounce around and play entire seasons with my favorite players and teams in the league. Knowing that I can carry my progress to the next rendition of the game is HUGE; why haven't developers thought of this feature before? I will tell you why: because they are afraid to raise the bar high enough to encourage players to buy a new version of the game. While the game is very similar to last year's game, the two aforementioned features fully-substantiates my purchase. I would like a little more control over player lock and quick count though. i.e. Player Lock the pitcher and turn off quick count and Player Lock a fielder strictly for batting. To anyone who is on the fence about this game: get off the fence and jump on to the field. Expand
  2. Apr 1, 2014
    This game is good maybe better then last years but still maybe the best game San Diego has done. The option to carry your progress to MLB 15 is huge! First game to do it! Also love the new RTTS and how they start it. Taking a page out of NBA 2Ks book. Even if it may still look like last years its better. I also have to admit that it kinda feels like a money grab they used on ps3 owners but atleast they think about the ones who still dont have the ps4 so they still give them something to play. Anyways 9/10.. Expand
  3. Apr 2, 2014
    You can send your saves to the Plus Cloud, then transfer to the PS4 in May. You can continue your characters into 2015 and beyond now and some retailers are offering a "turn in" program once the PS4 version becomes available. Now you get to play from day one and then get some love in May without spending $130! The game? I'm not sure I believe Sony about the "ticket stub" system making micro transactions cheaper than past games, but I do like the system itself and how easy it is to work with. The coaches demands on how to spend your training points seems to have gone away in RTTS mode. Only 24hrs into it all and the game seems to be fantastic once again. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2014
    The best baseball game ever, excellents graphics, colors, great, great work for Sony San Diego, i'm waiting for PS4 version, thats be spectacular, RTTS its fresh, quik counts are great and the game feels more real than last years, excellent!!
  5. Apr 2, 2014
    wow this game is so amazing and hell fun to play.. i love new feature is quick count make game finish quickly.. nice graphic on ps3.. can't wait to play it on ps4 next month. i love new batting animations.. very nice menu interface..
  6. Apr 2, 2014
    MLB 14 touches them all! Between all the new features, improvements on the existing features, and the ability to carry your saves on to future iterations, this is definitely the best The Show offering yet!
  7. Apr 4, 2014
    This game is truly amazing. It's like seeing a beautiful woman after a while and realizing she's more beautiful then you remember.

Whole the Quick Counts and Player Lock features are minor they are very impactful to how you can enjoy the game. I personally like to watch my Franchise games that I choose not to play in and the Quick Counts make it about an hour long instead of 4. Player
    Lock allows me to do something like be Derek Jeter in his final season.

The gripes I have are minor. I'd like to turn quick counts off in game, I'd like to NOT be able to choose the stadium you play in when playing a Franchise game and I'd like ot be able to wear your gloves when on the base paths ala Willie Mays Hayes.

I haven't delved into RTTS yet and I'm going to wait until the online mode isn't so laggy but I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. It's easily the best sports game I've ever played.
  8. Apr 10, 2014
    I don't have a review, but does anybody know whether or not the offline franchise mode for MLB 14: The show can be played 2 player? I have tried looking and everything I have found has showed about playing online.

1. Jun 21, 2014
    Keeps the Show legacy alive with excellent aesthetics and immersive baseball simulations. [Issue#245, p.68]
  2. May 14, 2014
    With much better balance in gameplay and deep Road to the Show and Franchise modes, MLB 14: The Show continues to stand as the leader in baseball titles.
  3. May 4, 2014
    MLB 14: The Show is the best experience for the fans of this sport. This version is similar to previous episodes, but will seduce fans with its beautiful graphics and its impressive content.