4.8

1. Nov 3, 2010
    a pretty poor excuse for a gundam game . graphics look like it should be on the PS2 . not a big gundam selection . very short can beat it in less then 5 hours. missions arnt very intresting . story is dull . i was really hoping for some thing like gundam side story 0079 like on the dreamcast but bigger and better . even though i only paid $15 for this game 3 years ago still wasnt worth it the cash . hopefully we get a better gundam game for the US soon. Expand
  2. Jul 11, 2011
    i didnt like this game and not because of the graphics or the movement speed but because it is just so hard to hit anything in this game i wish there was at least an aming riticule or somthing that way i can tell where i am aiming at. the first mission does not even give you a tutorial it just says here u go go kill them and i bet given time i could figure out how to play this game with some efficiancy but it took me a long time to just do the first mission but i am not a patient person when it comes to games like this i wish they would have done better that way i could enjoy it bacause this is defenatly an interesting story Expand
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    The one I played was the one that was named "Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight" instead, but from what I know, its essentially the same game.

Back when I first played it some time ago, I thought it was a great game. Looking back, it did have some flaws, however the game is extremely under-rated. I remember the experience of going through the campaign to be extremely pleasing. First
    off, the soundtrack in this game is AMAZING. The epic music in the game is still stuck in my head after so many years, and it really improved the gaming experience. Visuals on the other hand, weren't exactly anything amazing, but it was never so bad that it took me out of the experience. Now on Gameplay, I remember having a bit of frustration here and there, but I remember getting used to the way the game played and still had a great time. The mobile suit customization system was pretty fun, and it was sufficient to make the mechs feel important and the experience more personal. And I remember having pilots stick with me throughout the game, and had them kind of grow on me. The damage and repair system was also very interesting, and it sometimes forces you into uncomfortable situations, which was something I loved. And yes, the actual combat was quite clunky, but that was what I loved. It just felt realistic and enjoyable. Although not on the level of something like Mechwarriors, it just felt right, and the shooting and all felt responsive. The only downer in combat is that the AI that accompany you aren't as useful as they could be, and every other supporting vehicle is essentially useless.

Overall, it was a great experience for me, and "Crossfire" was a game that I never regretted purchasing and playing.
  4. Oct 20, 2014
    Now when a game is adapted for a large amount of source material, like the Gundam franchise, you expect the game to utilizes much of said source material as possible. This allows for a great story for newcomers to the source material or nostalgia for those who have already seen it. Gundam: Crossfire on the other hand does none of that and tosses you into a story you know almost nothing about with the weakest mobile suits of the bunch. Let's see where this catastrophe went wrong.

The story of Gundam Crossfire is supposed to take place in the first series, Mobile Suit Gundam. Now instead of getting you into the great parts like the Battle of A Boa Qu or Odessa, it sets you up in battles that well didn't have much significance to the overall plot. You destroy a Zakutank here and there, but the main story is out there with the actual Gundam! You play as a soldier who is fighting up to the Battle of Odessa operation in hopes of changing the course of the war. I would care more...if you actually gave us characters to understand! This game is more or less sending you out as an unnamed soldier with no relationships. It's more like a demo for a game rather than an actual game itself.

Now don't get me started on the gameplay, this game passes off as a Gundam game purely from being in the universe. It should be called "Mobile Suit Battle Simulator" since the only Gundam you see will be further down the line. The damage aspect of the game is actually well thought out and actually pays homage to the source material. Your radar diminishes the more your head is damaged, if your arms get damaged your weapons start going, walking speed goes with the legs and the Mobile Suit gets destroyed once the torso gets too much damage. I love this part and would like to see it imputed in other Gundam games. The problem with this one is the combat, the mobility is off at times and the aiming itself can be a little too precise. The AIs literally sit there and take punishment. There is more damage done to at higher difficulties but the problem is that the AI doesn't get smarter. I don't want the game to take forever and the AI to just not care. You are allowed to recruit people, and sometimes even some from the actual story. Sadly this customization aspect was not given too much thought like most of the game and takes a backseat for most of the time. I'm done ranting about everything wrong with the gameplay.

The sound is almost non-apparent and the graphics are actually the only thing I love about this game. It looks damn good, the Mobile Suits look good while moving and shooting. Other than that the terrain is nothing special and only some Mobile Suits have more detail put in. All in all the asthetics of the game are really the only thing to truly look at.

When you look at the Mobile Suit GUNDAM universe, you don't look at a GM and say "I want to pilot that one!". You look at the GUNDAM and say "Dear god let me pilot that!". I'm disappointed that this was a launch title for the PS3. I guess it would make sense if they rushed it all to fit it in since you can actually see ideas forming here and there. It's just not enough to make a decent game. Would I replay this game? I'm just holding onto it until I have children then tell them never to play games like this pile of crap. It'll show them standards for gaming and for that I applaud Namco Bandai.

Story: 1
    Gameplay: 1.1
    Sound: 1
    Graphics: 3.1
    Overall: 1.5

The game is an embarrassment to the Gundam name, and raises suspicions that it was rushed for the PS3 launch. Clearly, the series -- and the fans -- deserve better.
  2. Only the most blinkered Mobile Suit fetishist could love this clunky battle sim, which trades speed, finesse, and depth for...well, nothing, really.
  3. I have nothing positive to say about this game. I even hate the menu screen. Perhaps the best thing I can come up with is that this miserable piece of trash is so awful that it’s destined to be the worst-selling game of the PS3 launch.