5.6

1. Jan 24, 2011
    So-so game. I've played much better and much worse but for a sub $10 game it's a pretty good deal paticularly considering that's cheaper than a rental at Blockbuster. I put about 3 hours into before turning it off and going back to COD. This game feels like a Counter Strike wanna-be but with a little less charm. There are $60 games out there that don't do online shooting as well as thisSo-so game. I've played much better and much worse but for a sub $10 game it's a pretty good deal paticularly considering that's cheaper than a rental at Blockbuster. I put about 3 hours into before turning it off and going back to COD. This game feels like a Counter Strike wanna-be but with a little less charm. There are $60 games out there that don't do online shooting as well as this and there are $60 games that are way better (COD in my opinion). My only real gripe with this game is the lighting, it seems very dark and it makes it difficult to see down the sight of your gun. If the brighten up the lighting a bit, maybe iron out some of the bugs (like trying to get into a game) they would have a good thing going. A decent effort with the $7 to kill a few hours, heck you might even find the slower/more tactical pace relieving over the hyperfast COD type shooters. Definately worth a look. Expand
  2. Jan 24, 2011
    This game isn't to bad. the graphics are ok, nothin special. the game play is ok as well. the level design leaves to much for campers, and the hit detection is pretty poor, especially from long range. there are tons of similarities to counterstrike. this game actually has nothing in common with call of duty. its slower, you have to buy your weapons every round. you have a health bar, andThis game isn't to bad. the graphics are ok, nothin special. the game play is ok as well. the level design leaves to much for campers, and the hit detection is pretty poor, especially from long range. there are tons of similarities to counterstrike. this game actually has nothing in common with call of duty. its slower, you have to buy your weapons every round. you have a health bar, and you can equip diferent gear, like grenades and body armor. by the way it takes way to many bullets to kill some one in this game. all in all its ok, nothin special, but if you need filler till killzone 3 comes out..well just go buy killzone 2. Expand
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    The game is OK. Its a pretty standard shooter, with bland graphics, rather forgettable maps, and generic gameplay. It is worth the $8 if you are in dire need of a shooter, otherwise, just let this one be. It didn't take me long to start shooting the crap out of people who were level 50 which is a positive. This game supports PlayStation Move, but I felt it didn't add a whole lot to theThe game is OK. Its a pretty standard shooter, with bland graphics, rather forgettable maps, and generic gameplay. It is worth the $8 if you are in dire need of a shooter, otherwise, just let this one be. It didn't take me long to start shooting the crap out of people who were level 50 which is a positive. This game supports PlayStation Move, but I felt it didn't add a whole lot to the game, and as with my other shooters, I reverted back to my standard Dualshock 3 controller. Weapons must be repurchased at the beginning of each life in game, and if you have nothing, then you better be skilled with the knife and pistol for a few rounds. I've played better sub $10 shooters like Battlefield 1943, but for the value, this game is still worth a look, just don't expect a Call of Duty, Battlefield, Socom or whatever FPS you have experience. Expand
  4. Dec 4, 2011
    This game is okay in my opinion. It's controls are clunky, it's graphics are sub-par, but it does have strengths in it's replay ability. It reminds me of Counter-Strike in it's ranked multiplayer but does a poor job at copying what makes Counter-Strike so great.
  5. Jan 11, 2013
    I got this game for $1 on a PS3 store sale and had more fun with it than many stapled on multiplayer modes to $60 single player games. It is very basic and cheap looking but the gameplay is a lot of fun once you get use to the slow pace. The running speed is about the normal speed for most shooters these days. The gameplay is very balanced for those of us who just want to shoot peopleI got this game for $1 on a PS3 store sale and had more fun with it than many stapled on multiplayer modes to $60 single player games. It is very basic and cheap looking but the gameplay is a lot of fun once you get use to the slow pace. The running speed is about the normal speed for most shooters these days. The gameplay is very balanced for those of us who just want to shoot people online and don't want to play 150 hours to get equipment that is really needed to be competitive. Nobody being annoying on voice chat is a real plus. A lot of fun for almost nothing in money. Expand
  6. Jan 20, 2011
    I just spent the past hour typing a long, thorough review for this game, only to hit backspace and instead of deleting a letter I didn't mean to hit, my browser went back to the previous page. I'm pretty sad right now, because I put some serious effort into that... So allow me to summarize...

Modern Combat: Domination is to Counter-Strike and Call of Duty what Darksiders was to Zelda and God of War. It doesn't do anything new, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Its got CoD's controls, and plays very much like Counter-Strike (earn cash each round, re-buy your equipment each time you die, etc.). I loved the old-school feel it had, where if you died, you were dead. This puts an emphasis on making your lives count that is no longer present in FPS's and is somewhat gamebreaking in my opinion. When players are not penalized even slightly for death, they're free to run in guns blazing and ruin the experience for those of us who try to play intelligently. I mean, instant respawn? Come on..

Anyway, the graphics are pretty good, it controls just fine, and I've encountered a bit of lag, but nothing terrible. It's a very fun game, very addicting, and familiar. The best part? It costs $8. That's right, $8. Playstation Plus members get it for $6!!! For the price, this game is a steal. I've pointed out a few games on PSN before as prime examples of bang for the buck: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Dead Nation, Joe Danger... But this game takes the cake. Or comes extremely close at the very least.

Do yourself a favor, at least download the demo and see what I'm talking about. I will say, I encountered some trouble getting in a match with the demo/trial, and I haven't had that problem at all after purchasing it. In fact, it's been the total opposite, its got great custom game options, as well as the option to make private matches for you and your friends, which is a very good thing, because it won't be hard to convince your friends to drop $8 on this awesome downloadable game.

1. Apr 16, 2011
    Cheap as chips and just as crisp - this is a neat little online shooter.
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    Modern Combat: Domination won't be taking the FPS crown from any of the big boys but is a really fun diversion that is likely to draw a faithful following.
  3. Feb 21, 2011
    Shooter fans shouldn't hesitate because it is an online shooter reduced to its absolute main parts. For everyone else the learning curve is quite high, technically speaking there are better shooters out there, and variety is missing.