7.6

1. Nov 26, 2012
    This game really have some new interesting elements and is funny + erotic (like the most games of Compile Heart)

recommend++ for everyone who have a good taste for video games and espeically for JRPG Fans!
  2. Jul 2, 2013
    Battle systems are quite intricate, there are multiple strategies to use to win a battle which can be moe kill, defeating the opponent or using a powerful peon ball.

At least the game has customizable characters, I'm not going to rate the game low just because it simple, just having one is a plus.

Character upgrades in the Mugen Field is quite addicting, I could spend hours over
    there testing out setup to clear 100 floors.

The story's really simple and linear, the true ending route is quite heartwarming and main character learns the value of friendship.

I don't recommend this for the average gamer, it is not for everyone, you can either love it or not like it. There are some nit picky things such as the loading times or lag but it's been fixed on the sequel. Mugen Souls is more fun than most games I have ever played and felt as if it were made just for me.
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    An excellent game if you're a fan of JRPGs. Contains a lot of humor and dialogue. Gives you the option of Japanese voices or English dub. Customization is up there and a linear progression that lets you visit previous worlds. Arena mode that lets you fight indefinitely. I really love how you can customize your characters, different clothing, hair styles, armor etc. A very underrated game like cross edge but not as radical. Expand

1. Dec 17, 2012
    The absolute lowest point in this gen's lunatic JRPG precedent thus far. [Jan 2013, p.80]
  2. Unless you enjoy dressing-up games or cluster headaches, run for your life, and don't look back. [Dec 2012, p.117]
  3. Nov 10, 2012
    Without the kind of stage this story requires, all players are left with is an amusingly iconoclastic oddity, worth trying out, but not falling in love with.