6.7

1. May 12, 2011
    Solid game. Although it has less content than previous games, the price definitely offsets that. As more of a casual gamer, I don't care about a lot of deep content. I mainly want to race tracks and go online, and it offers that. The best part for me, however, is the Rider XP mode. Being able to level up and equip rider skills makes it a lot more engaging, and it'll be cool to use them online against other people. Hopefully more skills are coming via DLC Expand
  2. May 10, 2011
    I think this is the best MX vs ATV game to date. Game Informer is smoking some serious crack on this one! I just picked the game up about an hour ago and have to say it is outstanding and a complete blast. This game is so much more polished in every way than Reflex was. It sucks that Sony's netowrk is down- I wanna shread people online! Get with it Sony!
  3. Jan 22, 2012
    I can't help playing this game and thinking "What it could have been" because the overall controls and mechanics are much improved and work really well BUT THQ decided that it would be a good idea to take out all the content from reflex. Now there's basically no game modes, vehicle types, or anything else for that matter. This game is basically a demo of Reflex.
  4. May 11, 2011
    Alive has taken stepS back from reflex. on reflex the rider was much better and had better control of the bike. he didnt look like a goon out there and a gorrilla riding the bike, it was to scale way better. and when you jump on this game it looks like you are going to go far then it slows you down in the air and makes you case jumps. the power of the bikes suck and the graphics are not as good either. and also sometimes when you jump the screen and everything moves and puts the bike back straight UNREAL, and scrubbing and whipping are not as good on reflex I know on reflex there is some out of control scrubs and whips but thats more real than the bike just moving sideways at least it looked more real. Expand
  5. May 15, 2011
    Alive addresses many of the game breaking aspects of Reflex which makes for a better experience overall. You can now go bar to bar with other riders without crashing, the AI is competitive, the online works, the bike has traction through turns which means you can actually rail berms and the graphics are greatly improved. In typical THQ fashion they had to shoot themselves in the foot, however, with an idiotic rider that not only looks like a goon too big for his bike but also yells "yahoooo" and pumps his fist in the air after making a pass... No, I'm not making this up either... unfortunately. Expand
  6. Feb 20, 2012
    I enjoyed Reflex, but this game is some Bull$hit. I just played it not only is it a ripoff because they gave like 2 1/2 new things in it, the game play is just bad. I give mx vs atv Alive a 3/10

1. Jul 29, 2011
    That said Alive comes across as rushed and to be honest, could probably have been released as a DLC pack to Reflex. Terrible career mode unlock system and progression combined with difficult and frustrating handling means this game will only appeal to fans of the MX vs. ATV series.
  2. What excitement there is gets suffocated by the inert tracks. [Aug 2011, p.107]
  3. Jul 12, 2011
    Alive offers a great racing experience. It's just a shame that everything outside of the actual racing is sub standard. The frustrating levelling up system almost ruined the entire experience for me and the lack of tutorials leaves a lot to be desired.