6.7

1. May 10, 2011
    I think this is the best MX vs ATV game to date. Game Informer is smoking some serious crack on this one! I just picked the game up about an hour ago and have to say it is outstanding and a complete blast. This game is so much more polished in every way than Reflex was. It sucks that Sony's netowrk is down- I wanna shread people online! Get with it Sony!
  2. May 12, 2011
    Solid game. Although it has less content than previous games, the price definitely offsets that. As more of a casual gamer, I don't care about a lot of deep content. I mainly want to race tracks and go online, and it offers that. The best part for me, however, is the Rider XP mode. Being able to level up and equip rider skills makes it a lot more engaging, and it'll be cool to use themSolid game. Although it has less content than previous games, the price definitely offsets that. As more of a casual gamer, I don't care about a lot of deep content. I mainly want to race tracks and go online, and it offers that. The best part for me, however, is the Rider XP mode. Being able to level up and equip rider skills makes it a lot more engaging, and it'll be cool to use them online against other people. Hopefully more skills are coming via DLC Expand

1. Jul 29, 2011
    That said Alive comes across as rushed and to be honest, could probably have been released as a DLC pack to Reflex. Terrible career mode unlock system and progression combined with difficult and frustrating handling means this game will only appeal to fans of the MX vs. ATV series.
  2. What excitement there is gets suffocated by the inert tracks. [Aug 2011, p.107]
  3. Jul 12, 2011
    Alive offers a great racing experience. It's just a shame that everything outside of the actual racing is sub standard. The frustrating levelling up system almost ruined the entire experience for me and the lack of tutorials leaves a lot to be desired.