7.8

1. Sep 21, 2014
    Again the game sucks, they even removed some of the game mecanics that were good. And still no konan new ulti, or juugo new ulti or new outfit. The producers of this game just dont care about the fans, so they will not get my money cause this game is worst then its predecessors
  2. Sep 16, 2014
    Intro:
    Intro:
    I wasn't hyped for this game, I wasn't following all the news about this game, BUT I knew about new characters, battle types and that this game has anime content created by Kishimoto. I bought day1 edition, because I'm a fan of numbered(1,2,3) storm games. I wasn't hyped because I had a feeling that "revolution" might turn out to be like "generations", and I was right. This review is my personal oppinion, nothing I will say is a fact , so take it lightly.

1. Character Roster
    Roster gets expanded with every new game in the series "Revolution" is not exception. I'm not gonna lie, I like this roster it's great, developers improved on the amount of the characters and slot usage. But there's still things that I dislike.
    Like Itachi still taking 2 slots - normal Itachi and edo-Itachi is the same character but with different justsu and ultimate, with everything esle from moveset to awakening and animations being the same.
    Support only characters, CC2 doesn't listen to their fans, sound 4 was requested since storm 1 and CC2 are trolling by putting them as support only characters!
    And they skipped 7 swordsmen, Kinkaku and Ginkaku AGAIN because Iruka and Konohomaru are more important.

2. Graphics
    As always CC2 replicates anime perfectly, "Revolution" doesn't give it many chances to shine, but I understand that this game has no storymode with qte to show our favorite moments form the anime/manga. On the other hand new awakenings are giving us some anime/manga moments of awesomeness like 10tails, Perfect Susanoo and Thousand Hands Buddha.

3. Content
    Sunny Side Battle - 10-11 minute poor quality video of Itachi Cooking breakfast for Sasuke. It may sound like something bad, but it's really not. I had some geat laughs after every minute of that video.

The Two Uchihas - Great story, too bad it was so short.

Creation Of Akatsuki - Cool and stuff but nothing really interesting, there was no reason for some members to join. The only good ones were how Orochimaru asked to join and how Hidan was wondering if Kakuzu is immoratl too. Almost every Akastuki member got a story and a costume except Kisame, he wasn't even shown till the end of the story where every member is already in his place.

The Far Reaches Of Hope - I don't even understand why is it here. Completely unnecessary.

Story of Mecha-Naruto - can't say anything good or bad about it, but every fan must play through it.

Ninja World Tournament - Cool new feature, fun, balanced(kinda), but very limited.

Online Ghosts - are pointless.
    Customization - Sounds good but in reality it's not cool at all. Everyone uses the same items, it's not even funny.

4.Battle System and Online
    New battle types are garbage - they limit you in every aspect and cause disbalance.
    Less combos, less jutsus(I know it was for the sake of the balance, but changing speed and damage of the jutsu could have helped, balance=/=removing jutsus), DANZO(those who played online will understand), counters and stuns make everything even worse.
    In previous games you had to have a skill to cancel combo into ultimate, now it's a childs play, you don't have to do anything the game will do it for you. While holding block don't touch the left stick or else... well you're dead.
    WORST BATTLE SYSTEM IN THE WHOLE SERIES.

Conclusion:
    If I had to give this game a score it would be this: 5,5/10 "Revolution" is not better than "Generations"+ worst battle system, but more content! DEFINITELY A DOWNGRADE!!
    I wouldn't recomend buying this game for the full price that it has, this game is worth 30 bucks not more. Cause you don't need online with all the flaws this game has, you don't need a limited battle system that this game has. BUT you need the content that it provides, cause you can unlock almost every DLC costumes that storm 3 had(sage Kabuto included)+ new akatsuki costumes, new characters and hours of anime materials that you will enjoy, so if you haven't bought DLC costumes for storm 3 - here you can get them for free, if you paid for storm 3's DLC costumes - here you don't have to pay again.
  3. Sep 16, 2014
    Reviewing a game is always personal, so I can only speak for myself - but Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution is (to me) near a perfect game! I am a huge fan of the Naruto series, and the game provides with tons of fan service! I can't get enough of it! If the game had a proper story mode that followed the story - then it would have been perfect. But the story about MechaReviewing a game is always personal, so I can only speak for myself - but Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution is (to me) near a perfect game! I am a huge fan of the Naruto series, and the game provides with tons of fan service! I can't get enough of it! If the game had a proper story mode that followed the story - then it would have been perfect. But the story about Mecha Naruto is actually really interesting! Many of the old characters have been updated in the form of awakening actions etc. - I know that not everyone has recieved the update they deserved, but this game has a lot to offer, and I can only recommend it. 10/10! Believe it! Expand
  4. Sep 18, 2014
    I'm a huge naruto fan I like the new form of battle the characters, but the story mode was a disappointments expected to pick up where it left of but it didn't
  5. Sep 16, 2014
    The Ultimate Ninja Storm series have always been great, but this entry is definitely the best! The story is very amazing, full of emotion and great voice acting. And the game play is so fun, the combat is more polished than ever and the visuals are stunning. This game appeals less to people who are not huge fans of Naruto, but otherwise it is still an amazing game
  6. Sep 16, 2014
    Com mais de 100 personagens jogaveis nem tem o que dizer, jogo espetacular. Os mapas sao legais, a historia, a criacao da akatsuki que nunca foi revelada no anime antes, enfin, satisfeito
  7. fa5
    Sep 18, 2014
    as a huge fan of Naruto series, been playing since the ps2 days, this game is OK. its pretty much just a beefed up Storm 3 with the same concept. I really somewhatt the battle system and a few flaws here and there. Its just a tad getting used to from Storm 3. Dont get excited for new jutsus, ultimate scene and all that good stuff. A few characters got a little faster while some gotas a huge fan of Naruto series, been playing since the ps2 days, this game is OK. its pretty much just a beefed up Storm 3 with the same concept. I really somewhatt the battle system and a few flaws here and there. Its just a tad getting used to from Storm 3. Dont get excited for new jutsus, ultimate scene and all that good stuff. A few characters got a little faster while some got slowed down which is good. I still have a grudge that the ps2 Naruto games were better in a way that each character had 3 jutsus, BRING THAT BACK! Bring Sound 4, 7 Swordsmen, etc. We need more variety! Also what i hate is the fact that i no longer can use ultimate jutsu with awakening like Storm 3. That kills it. but other then that its a good game. i would give it a 5/10. It was just a hyped up game. Expand
  8. Sep 18, 2014
    there are more 100 playable characters, ok, but, more than half of the half of them don't have new, that is, the characters are recycled. They could have waited until the series was over, even wait for the new movie to come out and be developing the game, but them preferred the money.
    Do not buy this game, expect it to come out next.
  9. Sep 22, 2014
    after playing Naruto shippuden UNS 3 full burst and enjoying how CC2 delivered the story with the familiar combat system and all I hoped this game will surpass that yet, this game could've been a fine DLC but it shows how greedy the owners of this franchise are.

let's start with the basic thing there's no story mode! the game "main mode" is a world tournament , you'll fight against 3

let's start with the basic thing there's no story mode!
    the game "main mode" is a world tournament , you'll fight against 3 enemies at once while the basic combat system remained the same you cannot execute ougies(ultimates) nor use the awakening mode while gathering orbs from the enemies, you'll have a rail and npc that interrupts you but if the enemies all gank you together it's simply annoying, even though i beaten them all I felt no difficulty even when i reached the S rank tournament, while the animation itself could be good it didn't ran smoothly.
    cinematics in the entire world tournament thing were the same
    to unlock team mates you had to preform idiotic quests like fight guy,neji and etc then run there, fight blahblah blah and run there, bring this bring that, you can have your girlfriend/wife to send you for the same quests and no i'm not joking and all of that so you can occasionally use that team member to do something cause ofc to preform ougis you need to chase the red orb....

worst thing is the mode "Ninja escapades" which is an extremely short story sequences that sometimes contradicts the manga itself (eg. itachi recruited before kisame) but that's not the real problem it has 0 story value specially cause in ngs3 you felt part of the story here it's like now fight this, now fight that "oh you're stronger i'll join you" except orochimaru's motivation and even his were a joke...
    the two uchiha chapter was interesting but too short and again had the same problem you didn't felt part of the story,I'd take few quick time events anytime instead of showing us some "real" animation, I buy movies to watch and games to PLAY, and if there's a cinematic I expect it to be good and the majority of cinematics in this mode doesn't give a thing to the game. those two modes could've been easily a nice dlc including roster and all 15euro for this DLC could've been ok for the average naruto fan but 30-40 euro for this game is a hoax.

good:
    huge roster, graphic is true to the anime/manga, the animations are done well, the combat system would've been awesome it wasn't so repetitive in the tournament mode., if teamed with certain characters you may get a new ougi (sasuke and itachi) but on some pairs you don't (itachi and kisame?!?!)

bad:
    animation can be stuck sometimes, world tournament story is retarded, ninja escapades offer barely any gameplay or holds any water, no ougi variety (NH2 and NH3 had tons of variety), no jutsu variety, could've been a dlc but costs like a new game, no new story, repetitive, can be finished in less than 6 hrs of gameplay, retarded quests in between the world tournament mode.
  10. Sep 23, 2014
    This has become too casual. There is no depth in mechanism and pressing one button basically does everything. In the previous 2 games of this series , there was bit of depth in fighting mechanism as players were able to form their own combos by adding grab or tilts to combos. There isnt a good balance between aggressive and defensive players. Defensive players have far more tactics to useThis has become too casual. There is no depth in mechanism and pressing one button basically does everything. In the previous 2 games of this series , there was bit of depth in fighting mechanism as players were able to form their own combos by adding grab or tilts to combos. There isnt a good balance between aggressive and defensive players. Defensive players have far more tactics to use than aggressive. Especially the counter attack or parry is totally abusive and broken mechanism which also favors the defensive players. Expand
  11. Sep 22, 2014
    melhor naruto até agora... tem muita gente pra jogar, tem quase uma hora de anime pra assistir, coisas inéditas! a mecânica continua boa.. enfim... espetacular!
  12. Sep 28, 2014
    There is a lot to like and dislike about this game. My favorite part of the game was just playing normal vs matches. Its fun to watch your favorite character pull off their signature jutsu or play as one of the jinchuriki and turn into their tailed beast. The new anime footage the game boast about having looks fantastic, but the actual content is disappointing. The Creation of the AkatsukiThere is a lot to like and dislike about this game. My favorite part of the game was just playing normal vs matches. Its fun to watch your favorite character pull off their signature jutsu or play as one of the jinchuriki and turn into their tailed beast. The new anime footage the game boast about having looks fantastic, but the actual content is disappointing. The Creation of the Akatsuki is the reason I bought the game and I'm sad to say it feels like they didn't put much thought into it, especially since the series has always had such fantastic charcter development. The Mecha Naruto story is somewhat interesting, but the parts that you play are boring. My biggest problem is the fact that the game brags about having over 100 playable characters when it has several versions of the same character. They have Naruto, Naruto in Sage Mode, Naruto in Nine-Tails form,and Pt. 1 Naruto. They did the same thing with Sasuke, Gaara, Kabuto, and many others. Personally even though there are slight differences, I don't think its fair to say there are 100 playable characters when you do that. Overall I think its a fun game if you're really into Naruto but I would wait for the price to drop before buying it. Expand
  13. Oct 12, 2014
    Best Naruto Game Ever.
    +Great Storyline(Mecha Naruto)
    +Great new Battle System
    +I loved that tournament
    +Playing the old levels from the anime
    NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ULTIMATE NINJA STORM REVOLUTION DOESN'T DISAPPOINT AND BRINGS TO YOU THE BEST NARUTO GAME EVER.
  14. Sep 20, 2014
    The game is pretty good it has more than 100 characters.I enjoyed, but the only that i dont like is the story mode.But it stills a good game if you enjoy fighting games.
  15. Sep 25, 2014
    This is MY sincere review of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution. Remember now, this is my opinion of the game.
    "No story mode!?" The game is primary a fighting game so keep that in mind, if you're looking for the story then read the manga or watch the anime since you won't find any lengthy continuation from the Storm 3 story here but don't forget that the game gives you the chance to play the origin story of the Akatsuki, the two Uchiha and team Minato's story which are filled with exclusive and well made animated cutscenes. The content is short but sweet nevertheless.
    The Ninja World Tournament is the official "offline mode" which is pretty good mindless action, some moments are filled with frustration so I'd rather not spend 2+ hours in a row on it. ^^ I like it despite the boring chores.
    To sum it up: Smooth and enjoyable gameplay that on higher levels is like chess (you have to be one step ahead of your opponent), lots of characters that we all know and love to choose from, awesome Ultimate Jutsu's and combos that displays the traits and style of each character in a very accurate fashion though some movesets can be a bit goofy.
    Customization has been added to give your favorite characters some well deserved accessories, like adding an Anbu black ops mask to Iruka. (Have spent some hours with this hehe)
    The game might have some issues with low end computers and online gameplay might lag for some people but I myself haven't had any trouble related to crashes or lag, in my honest opinion the game is very fun online and offline,
    If you're a big fan of the Naruto franchise, like me. Then you will not be disappointed.
  16. Sep 22, 2014
    The new Naruto game, unlike Storm 3, does not evolve around story in the mangaanime. Instead it focus on The ninja world tournament, where all the ninjas are summoned to test their might in various conditions and in different difficulties ( d-c-b-a-s rank ). . There is a lot to do in this mode, the tournament itself, side questing, and hundreds of types of unlockables that fans will surelyThe new Naruto game, unlike Storm 3, does not evolve around story in the mangaanime. Instead it focus on The ninja world tournament, where all the ninjas are summoned to test their might in various conditions and in different difficulties ( d-c-b-a-s rank ). . There is a lot to do in this mode, the tournament itself, side questing, and hundreds of types of unlockables that fans will surely try to earn. Then you have a peak at the past with the ninja escapades, where you can learn about the formation of certain entity that caused a lot of trouble and change in the ninja world. Also it ventures through one of the dominating clans of Konoha and the relationship between two best friends that face tragedy. In addition, there is a funny story about a robot Naruto, courtesy of Masasshi Kishimoto himself.

Gameplay as evolved a bit, combos are still simple, mas changes to the movement have been made, a its a little bit more technical. Nothing revolutionary of course, and it causes the risk to make some fans doubt if its worth or not. If you´re a fan, it is, but dont expect a substancial new game form Storm 3.

Finally, I expect that Storm 4 will have some major changes in teh gameplay. No doubt it evolved form storm 3, but I dont think it can survive another round with this "just polish" policy. I want a true revolution next time!
  17. Oct 14, 2014
    Fighting system revamped. OK. Similar to full burst. Good. New playable characters. Awesome. But no story. Gets boring after some time. Needed a far better story mode.
  18. Oct 20, 2014
    this is a really good game,lots of great players and i love naruto. but juss like all naruto game the story line sucks but this is still great for naruto fans.
  19. Dec 14, 2014
    This is basically another Generations but with a shorter story and alot of new gameplay & characters added in.

Story - Really short but still great. You get to see how the Akatsuki was formed and Itachi's & Shisui's Past. You also get to see a little bit of Obito Kakashi Rin Minato & Kushina scenes not shown in the Anime. Soundtrack - For games like this music isn't really important

Soundtrack - For games like this music isn't really important in my opinion but the soundtrack is pretty good actually.

Graphics - Its very very very good.

Gameplay - You get new Tag Team Attacks but only if you have certain support characters such as Itachi and Shisui Naruto Sakura and Sasuke and etc. There's also this new Tournament thing where you have to collect orbs from your opponents in order to win. Alot of new characters appear including Hashirama Sage Mode Tobi without Mask Kushina Shisui Iruka Konohamaru and alot more. Let me express my disappointment in the character rooster Why aren't the **** 7 Ninja Swordsman in this game?

Replay Value - Fighting Games usually have a low replay value because once you beat them its over. Replay Value comes from playing with a friend or playing Online or doing the side things like Survival and the Tournaments. So this game has a moderately low replay value. That is why I usually don't buy fighting games often replay value is important cause your spending
    $50 to $60 on a game that will entertain you for that moment only but what about later? Although I play the Naruto Games for Online Battling its like a sport to me but others might not feel the same.

Overall - I call this game a waste of money and time especially since we know Storm 4 will be coming out soon which will have everything we wanted to have in this game. Its not a complete waste of time though you get a glimpse of what to expect from Storm 4 in terms of new gameplay mechanics some new characters and new Anime Scenes not present in the Anime but even so its just frosting on the cake. The Frosting is delicious but the cake is not the same without the bread that comes with it. I would buy this just to play Online and nothing more. short yet exciting experiences aren't worth my $50 maybe $40 or $30 but $50 man get the **** out of here. Someone in the future might be able to buy this for $30 or less and he or she will be happy I however am not so see you later.
  20. Dec 13, 2014
    This game is INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTING. It's just a pumped out garbage game. The running cycles are awful, it's just Free Battle centered game and guess what, I can do Free Battle ANY TIME on any other Naruto game and still have a main, GOOD story line. They should have waited until they had enough from the canon story to make a game with that instead of this goofy money hungry waist ofThis game is INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTING. It's just a pumped out garbage game. The running cycles are awful, it's just Free Battle centered game and guess what, I can do Free Battle ANY TIME on any other Naruto game and still have a main, GOOD story line. They should have waited until they had enough from the canon story to make a game with that instead of this goofy money hungry waist of time. They pumped this out just to get cute ratings because It's a Naruto game, instead of actually making a game worthy of FIFTY DOLLARS. I wouldn't sell this for 20 bucks. Expand

1. Dec 3, 2014
    As fan service goes, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution has a lot of the trappings you expect from this style of anime game. Unfortunately, it's impenetrable for those of us unfamiliar with the series. And while the gameplay isn't bad, there just isn't enough depth in this game to keep fight fans happy.
  2. Oct 15, 2014
    If you are a fan of the game series, you may want to check it out first before making a purchase.
  3. Oct 8, 2014
    This is by no means a bad thing for those who enjoy this solid, albeit tired formula, but I can’t help but ponder when the true revolution for this series will take place.