NASCAR 08 PlayStation 3

4.9

1. Apr 29, 2011
    An old game now, but I bought it for $4 and I am hoping to save anyone else their $4. The ABSOLUTE worst game I have ever played on PS3. Terrible controls, poor menus, poor graphics, too much stuff to deal with to play a game. I don't want a part time job, I want to relax and play. I have like other Nascar games but this one is terrible.
  2. OrenM
    Sep 2, 2007
    Apparently, the team at Tiburon - who are currently working on the latest game in EA's NASCAR franchise - claim that the PS3 has no real hardware advantage over its main rival ...

The case with this generation is different, now we make the game for 360 first and then port it over to PS3, but we really don't have the time to mess with how the PS3 works ... With your new boss

With your new boss and your very low motivation who wants to buy your products anyway ...
  3. PSWii60Elite
    Jul 28, 2007
    This game is basically broken. The controls are atrocious! I returned it after almost a week of giving it second, thrird and fourth chances.
  4. SteveM.
    Aug 20, 2007
    Seems unfinished in PS3, in regards to features. I've purchased every year for ps2 and this was my first for PS3, I spent a week with it and just hated the drone AI that just didn't see to know you were there.. the lack or a real career/owner mode, and lack of car customization. Graphics wise, the game is a smash hit. Gameplay, if you like just quick racing with your fav driver, Seems unfinished in PS3, in regards to features. I've purchased every year for ps2 and this was my first for PS3, I spent a week with it and just hated the drone AI that just didn't see to know you were there.. the lack or a real career/owner mode, and lack of car customization. Graphics wise, the game is a smash hit. Gameplay, if you like just quick racing with your fav driver, then you are in heaven... If you want to crawl through the ranks as in past years games, look elsewhere. I think that made the whole game exciting, right now there is really nothing to race for unless you play online. Expand
  5. JeffA.
    Jul 27, 2007
    Unplayable without a racing wheel. The controller is useless in controlling the car. The game is full of jaggies and cars in front of you have texture pop up i.e. minor details are drawn in as you get closer to the cars in front of you. One nudge from any of the opponents cars and you go spiraling out of control. Do not buy this game. Send EA a message.
  6. J.B.
    Sep 29, 2007
    Perfect game for guys that know how to race or race cars themselve, game has 'real world' set up settings, no bs here. but if you are an ammature or have no idea how to set a real race car, this game is not for you. perfect game for the real racer.

A good -- if not great -- game. Learn to deal with the artificial intelligence on particular tracks, and the experience in an enjoyable one. Just as long as you're not looking for a very deep -- or even all that logical -- career mode.
    Bare-bones, unpolished and uninspired. When you don't even have any sort of ending wrap-up screen for the Season mode, you know you're in trouble.
  3. Tweaks are needed in the AI to better replicate competitors’ actions and racing lines, and I’d like to see some long-overdue additions (like user-controlled pit stops), but this game has got the feel of a stock car down pretty good – especially with about a billion ways to setup your car. It’s a mix of the new and familiar that shakes out to be a pretty fast restart.