NASCAR 2011: The Game PlayStation 3

3.6

1. Apr 13, 2011
    Plus side: good car design feature. Lets you pick from hundreds of logos, shapes, text and sponsors to place on your customized car. Single player is fun for about one short race then it gets frustrating. Lower difficulties are too easy (good or bad depends on the way you look at it). Down side: To much loading between menus. The AI is unintelligent (computer drivers don't have anyPlus side: good car design feature. Lets you pick from hundreds of logos, shapes, text and sponsors to place on your customized car. Single player is fun for about one short race then it gets frustrating. Lower difficulties are too easy (good or bad depends on the way you look at it). Down side: To much loading between menus. The AI is unintelligent (computer drivers don't have any character and they follow each other like one long train). Pit sequence could be redone (if your within the pit commitment lines the screen initiates loading. I would like this to be more fluent with no loading times during the race). Bottom line is that I understand this is meant to be an arcade racing game but for those hardcore NASCAR fans I recommend just renting this one or staying away completely until price drops perhaps. Too many frustrating moments in this one. Expand

1. Throw in spectacular crashes and the ability to rewind time to avoid them and even us Brits have something to enjoy. [Oct 2012, p.119]
  2. May 10, 2011
    For now, I'd pass on NASCAR 2011: The Game. The multiplayer is completely busted, and I'm a big fan of voting with your dollar. If you're a NASCAR fan, maybe you should let your vote be heard by not picking up this mess. For those of you who did, I really I hope that the patch delivers on the promised fixes because I'd be greatly upset if I had spent $60 on this.
  3. But these are niggling issues; the franchise is moving up through the driving-game field and may finally be in contention for a podium position come next seasons. [June 2011, p.81]