- Summary: On the heels of NBA 2K14s 70 Game of the Year Award Nominations, the NBA 2K franchise is the ultimate basketball simulation experience. Featuring NBA MVP Kevin Durant on the cover, NBA 2K15 hits the court with unprecedented life-like graphics, ultra-realistic NBA gameplay, and more. TakeOn the heels of NBA 2K14s 70 Game of the Year Award Nominations, the NBA 2K franchise is the ultimate basketball simulation experience. Featuring NBA MVP Kevin Durant on the cover, NBA 2K15 hits the court with unprecedented life-like graphics, ultra-realistic NBA gameplay, and more. Take your MyPLAYER on an epic journey from undrafted rookie tryout, to MVP, to NBA Hall of Famer. Park Mode lets you ball against the worlds toughest 2K competitors in cutthroat multiplayer pick-up games. Every jersey, juke, and pom pon is brought to life with unrivaled realism. To top it off, NBA 2K15s music has been curated by famed producer and musician, Pharrell. NBA 2K15 has created a truly authentic NBA adventure. Its up to you to claim your destiny. #YourTimeHasCome… Expand
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Nov 22, 2014While half the time the game can be enjoyable and responsive the other half is filled with problems that make this game very frustrating. TheWhile half the time the game can be enjoyable and responsive the other half is filled with problems that make this game very frustrating. The new free-throw and jump shot meter is a downgrade from it's previous title. The jump shot feels more like a Chucky-Cheese arcade game where you have to watch the meter and hit it at exactly the right time to win a good shot which still only betters your odds for making the shot, not determining if it goes in. You will also have to contend with on screen issues that block your meter like the score, highlight pop-ups, etc. The players are very much dumb down to the point where they will run completely off the court or get locked in silly animations making a game unbearable to watch. It is clunky at best. The rating system is still painfully bad by still punishing you half the time while giving you a good rating if you play selfishly, caring less about your team and more about your own performance.
This game really isn't worth buying at full-price. I'd recommend getting it used, on sale, or just stick with nba 2k14.… Expand
Oct 14, 2014WOW!! This game man it's just sad, 2K15 really hate current gen and love next gen. 1) The Graphics are AWFUL!! looks like some basketball gameWOW!! This game man it's just sad, 2K15 really hate current gen and love next gen. 1) The Graphics are AWFUL!! looks like some basketball game from 2002, **** E.T the game has better Graphics. 2) it costs **** 60 $ for this piece of crap!! DO NOT BUY IT!!! 3) gameplay is a Little more **** than NBA 2K14. if you wanna buy a good NBA game then wait till you get a next gen and then buy it on that.
Apr 2, 2015NBA2K15 is rubbish! Now the depressingly sad draft pick/rookie and sophomore years are behind me, I have started the 3rd year of MYCareer, andNBA2K15 is rubbish! Now the depressingly sad draft pick/rookie and sophomore years are behind me, I have started the 3rd year of MYCareer, and nothing is improving. Here are the headlines so far for a 6'3 point guard (all rounder) with all levels maxed out via VC. Additionally the extra skills (dimer etc), motions (jordan dunk package) have also been added to my characters' stats. So my character is "maxed out". More on extra training points/addition later.
- 16th pick by Bulls, shocking rookie skills. My actual high school stats were better lol. You don't expect this level of "badness" by an NBA entrant. If he was this bad, he would be in the D-league instead, or WNBA (just kidding ladies). Meanwhile, the opponent AI seems to be stuck on “god mode”.
- 1/2 way through 1st season (rubbish 1/2 way standing-last in league), management decide to trade Noah and Rose for Paul George and a no name center with laughable stats. That just makes things worse on the W-L side.
- 1st year averages (Me: 20.4ppg, 5.6apg, 2.7spg, 4.0rpg) and (Team: 1st scoring, 1st assists, 1st rebounds, 1st everything) and we had the 2nd worst record - no playoffs. Awards: ROY, All Def 1st team, All Rookie 1st, 3 point contestant all star and I think a few others like top point leader, assist leader etc.
- Ok, let’s see if 2nd year is better. NO. The opponent AI seems to be stuck on “god mode”. End of year 2: 24-58. Seriously? 2nd year averages (Me: 26ppg, 7.8apg, 3.4spg, 4.2rpg, 1.3bpg, min34.32) and (Team: 1st scoring, 1st assists, 1st rebounds, 1st everything) and we had THE worst record - no playoffs again. Despite getting some good players and getting rid of some dead weight (no offense to actual players) - Lost: Hinrich, Gibson and Dunleavy Jnr. Got: Kawhi Leonard, Zac Randolph. Also, records for the year: MVP (regular), DPoY, All NBA 1st, All D 1st as well as season point leader, assist leader etc.
- Last chance 2K. 3 games in 3rd season, and with the extra training bought (everything for 10 games) the record is 2-1. The opponent AI seems to be stuck on “god mode”.
I don't understand why the AI is SO RUBBISH. I could write an encyclopaedia’s worth on the problems with this game. My AI is so bad, I have saved 5 or 6 replays where the AI is just unbelievable. One example, I'm coming to the 1/2 way line and am getting double teamed. I pass to George whose standing @ the offense 3 point line. As soon as I do, I start cutting to the 3 point line. Before I cross the 1/2 way line, George passes the ball back to me (WITHOUT me asking for the ball), and guess what, cross court...turnover. This type of mentally deficient basketball starts at the tip-off and ends with the final siren.
Then, there's the one with me @ 3 point line, get doubled, dump to cutting Randolph, he goes up behind the backboard, and guess what, backboard violation...turnover.
Thank you NBA2K15 team, I hope you take pride in the fact that your programmers and decision makers have turned me off gaming, and that's hard for someone whose been into gaming since the original Galaga and Pac Man (Miss Pac man as well, for the politically correct).
Between the rubbish AI, constant server crashes (yes, I believe that if I buy a game, and it is online play enabled, I should have access to decent servers for the price I payed), and constant in game advertising? No I don't want a "more realistic" NBA experience as diatribe suggests. Just because NBA management/owners have sold out the soul of the NBA for the corporate dollar, and are placing ads on uniforms even! (Wilt must be rolling in his grave). Since when is advertising a "more realistic" NBA experience? Shouldn't that be achieved through fun game play and strategy? You know, the original reason video games were "invented". Do I need to be told that the Sprint half time report is presented by....Sprint? Why the hell is Sprint sponsoring a few graphics and text on my screen? If I m going to be advertised to, do a proper job and have the commentators do a video half time recap, for example. And with Sprint, Adidas, Gatorade (because, who doesn't want to hear a sport announcer saying something like "well we're back, and the players have re-hydrated with Gatorade". I was worried. I thought the players would do something silly and "re-hydrate" with...ummm...water. No, you can get that for free out of a tap. But I digress.
And with Sprint, Adidas, Gatorade etc, sponsoring the video game, how is it possible that you didn’t pay your development team and testers enough to iron these things out BEFORE you put the game on the shelf. You do realise that we KNOW that this is a: stripped down, “just fill the holes”, "quick put it out the because we’re focusing on next gen consoles", version of the PS4 one. Probably no development, chop and paste and quick cross-format convert to save on money and time huh?
Do NOT waste your money. This game is a farce!… Expand
Nov 12, 2014If you are looking for a great basketball experience... look elsewhere. NBA 2K15 for the PS3 is one of the worst basketball games in recentIf you are looking for a great basketball experience... look elsewhere. NBA 2K15 for the PS3 is one of the worst basketball games in recent memory, even it's ancestor, NBA 2K14, makes for a better game.
The game looks old, too much old, of course you are not expecting a PS4/Xbox1 graphics, but the ones on the game are not that good, some of most well known players look really bad (poor Chris Paul). Issues that you though were done by now are back, like balls teleporting, going through bodies and players disappearing. Also the game's interface is not pretty and polished, it's just plain ugly, even worst, something pops on the screen that blocks your shoot-meter view, so you can't actually see if you are shooting good or throwing an air-ball, and this happens almost every single time you get to the attack.
Once you get past the bad graphics and bugs, you get a worst version of gameplay than NBA 2K14, honestly! The game feels bad and clunky when playing, even more on defense, it's simply atrocious. And if you think about playing Online, forget that. It's the worst multiplayer experience I've had in a long time, it's so bad that it has a delay! It's not a joke, you have a 3 to 5 seconds delay from what you press on your controller to what you see on-screen, this is enough to make you stop playing the game. If you go for the MyTeam Mode get ready because the 2K servers are never up and when they are you can't even change your lineup because something happens and it crashes.
By now you realize that the only thing worth playing is the MyCareer Mode, but even here you're not safe from bugs and that horrible interface that doesn't let you play and it's ugly, the bad gameplay doesn't help either and not even the graphics can save it because they are not that good. It's the same has NBA 2K14, the exact same! Once you get past your first season, you'll be fed up with game and just leave it.
Let's focus on gameplay for a bit.
Getting an A+ note is impossible because to get there you need to have an overall magnificent performance, one of the hardest things to get in this game is a simple assist, your teammates just don't shot the ball and when they do they miss it, only 3 out of 10 passes to your teammates will result in a shooting attempt and only 1 of those 3 will go in. The best way to get an assist is to force your teammates to shot just before the 24 seconds shot clock goes off. Rebounding is once again terrible, it's almost a random thing, you can actually win rebounds with Nate Robinson against Dwight Howard more then a few times it's ridiculous! Stealing is too hard since most of the times the ball goes through your hand and when it doesn't it will either fall to your feet and your opponent will grab it first or it will fly out of bounds like a rocket, few are the times when you actually steal a ball. Your player movements can sometimes be the most frustrating thing, case in point, one of your teammates passes the ball to another one, and your player jumps sky high in the air to try and catch the ball, but you are nowhere near the pass and now you have lost your position, you'll also find your player doing off-ball actions that actually block your commands, like trying to sprint and your player just stays there, or does a stop and then starts running, or turns the other way around.
This is on the court, off the court the scenario is boring and expensive! You would think that the social media features are actually cool but they are not, they are simply boring, inaccurate and antagonizing most of the times.The price for upgrading your player stats is ridiculously high, a strategy to force you to buy in-game currency which is shameful and one of the bad themes of this game, you should be able to upgrade your player by gaining the points not buying them and boosting your player to the max right from the start, it defeats the purpose of the game! This also happens with accessories like headbands and sleeves which are too expensive.
And the rest is just a bad copy of NBA 2K14.
Overall, NBA 2K15 is one of the worst basketball games you can play, it's frustrating and no fun at all, which should be it's main focuses. Being fun to play.… Expand