7.3

1. Mar 24, 2011
    My first college football game since NCAA 03, which I played the crap out of. With that much time in between you can understand why I'm impressed with the animations, the sound, the stadiums, mascots. The campus legend is a nice added feature but quarterback is about the only thing worth playing on that mode because you get to touch the ball all the time and call audibles.
  2. GregH.
    Jul 17, 2008
    This game has just been getting minor improvements for years now, and 09 is no exception. Its not that good of a game anymore, its time for a serious overhaul. Plus you throw in the fact that the game is loaded with bugs this year and you have a game that can be passed on. Very underwhelming overall. The gameplay is better with some new animations, but there are so many annoying quirks This game has just been getting minor improvements for years now, and 09 is no exception. Its not that good of a game anymore, its time for a serious overhaul. Plus you throw in the fact that the game is loaded with bugs this year and you have a game that can be passed on. Very underwhelming overall. The gameplay is better with some new animations, but there are so many annoying quirks that ruin it, players will run out of bounds even when they are wide open and running for a TD, linebackers will turn and run in the opposite direction of the ball carrier, cornerbacks will hesitate and stand straight up to allow an offensive player to make a play, D-linemen are useless and will be wiped out by the worst o-lines in football. All of these are due to EA's attempt to make the gameplay more wide-open. Essentially all they did was make the AI defense absolutely retarded. Plus there is a roster bug where entire teams will literally disappear. Seriously. Again this game is so dated now, and the bugs/glitches this year just ruin it. Expand
  3. EltonP.
    Aug 7, 2008
    Overall not a bad game. Much better than last year's effort. One thing everyone has to keep in mind, this is only the second (or third, can't remember.) incarnation of NCAA on the next Gen systems. And programmers always take a little while to squeeze the best results out of new technology. It was like this for the PS2 also.
  4. BobtheBuilder
    Sep 30, 2008
    A huge step from last year and a very brilliant game, just a couple things that bothered me 1. Campus Legend - I don't like that over the shoulder view it should be just normal play now view or the choice between them and the worst part is there is no commentary so don't buy the game for this feature - create a player in dynasty and play it like that its fun 2. could be more A huge step from last year and a very brilliant game, just a couple things that bothered me 1. Campus Legend - I don't like that over the shoulder view it should be just normal play now view or the choice between them and the worst part is there is no commentary so don't buy the game for this feature - create a player in dynasty and play it like that its fun 2. could be more animations for tackling and spinning and juking they seem to be somewhat the same, but overall a must have for any fan of sports. Expand
  5. CP
    Jul 16, 2008
    The PS3 version is a waste of $60 and the PS3 console. It plays more like Madden (slower, the plays are not crispily display as in past NCAA releases) and the reason we buy NCAA is b/c we don't like the Madden gameplay! The buttons/controls have been RANDOMLY assigned, as sprint is now R2, throw the ball away is R1, WTF? They let you change some of the buttons but not the most The PS3 version is a waste of $60 and the PS3 console. It plays more like Madden (slower, the plays are not crispily display as in past NCAA releases) and the reason we buy NCAA is b/c we don't like the Madden gameplay! The buttons/controls have been RANDOMLY assigned, as sprint is now R2, throw the ball away is R1, WTF? They let you change some of the buttons but not the most important ones. Only Quick passing is available, cant change gameplay camera views, can't see entire field (i don't have an HD TV yet, maybe that is partly to blame), the running is clumsy, can barely make out the routes, even if the DL is not to stunt, they do anyway, the list goes on. I am considering trading it for the PS2 version! I haven't played it on any other console, but everyone is big-upping EA for this one. Bottom line: PS3 version is no better than a drink coaster. Expand
    Jul 17, 2008
    Same old, same old with tweeks here and there... this 2005... I mean (cough) 2009 game needs to be re-done from the ground up, not impressive for a next gen game.
  7. CoryH.
    Jul 20, 2008
    I don't understand why everyone is giving this game low rankings. It is the most solid and satisfying college football game to date. The new 60fps action (for PS3) is awesome and I can't put it down !! Don't let the negative feedback fool you. If you live and breath college football..go purchase this game !
  8. DizzyD
    Aug 31, 2008
    Another turnover-fest with poor collision detection produced by EA. Since the exclusivity contracts, EA has put out a series of lackluster football (NFL and NCAA) games on the current generation of consoles. This one is no different. You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.
  9. MattM.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Ever since i was a kid and became a sports nut i have been playing the video games. An ever since then I've felt like the developers have never really tried(except for espn 2k5 AMAZING GAME!!!). There simpliy trying to make money of hardcore fans. But EA has changed my mind. I used to just by a new football game every 2 years and i had bought 07. But my cousin convinced me to get Ever since i was a kid and became a sports nut i have been playing the video games. An ever since then I've felt like the developers have never really tried(except for espn 2k5 AMAZING GAME!!!). There simpliy trying to make money of hardcore fans. But EA has changed my mind. I used to just by a new football game every 2 years and i had bought 07. But my cousin convinced me to get this one. My gaw dropped and the beauty(Both visually and technically). It runs so smooth. I strongly suggest this game even if you haven't ever played a football game before it is amazing 9 out of 10. Expand
  10. jt
    Jul 16, 2008
    This is the worst game i have played since the old nintendo days, and maybe even worse than that. I don't even know where to start so I'll just say, Save your money, don't even rent this game. It reeks!!
  11. JoeG.
    Jul 16, 2008
    This is my first next gen ncaa game and it does not disappoint. As far as the overall package is concerned, this game is top notch. If you're a college football fan or love football video games u must get this. there is so much to do and and the gameplay is outstanding.
  12. HowardsRock
    Dec 18, 2008
    Everyone giving it bad review just got schooled online....I'd be pissed too if I lost to me. The attention to online dynasty was a well thought out plan, however the commitment from player is limited. You will be lucky if you make it through year one. The issue still remains the number of interceptions is rediculous. You need to be able to run the ball to win.

1. When all's said and done, NCAA 09 may have some rough spots and bugs, there are ways around it that keep them from hampering the immense amount of enjoyment that the game offers.
    The improvement of jukes and ballcarrier moves adds depth to your offense, while the inclusion of features like the Quarterback Quiz and Icing the Kicker makes the overall gameplay stronger. The Online Dynasty is an excellent addition to this series, but the mistakes made with the Campus Legend mode keeps this year's title from being truly extraordinary.
    After years of online fumbles by developer EA Tiburon, our annual war cry for an online dynasty mode has been answered. Not only is NCAA Football 09's most impressive innovation brilliantly seamless, but it's full-featured as well (from recruiting and scheduling to talking sure-fire pros into staying on an extra season).