5.8

1. Jul 9, 2013
    Obvious errors like fsu's facemasks are grey in the game when in actuality they are Garnet (never have been grey). Also Florida state field has crop circles in it which they've never done in real life & looks retarded BTW.
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    Just another cookie cutter football game with new rosters.
    I couldn't even get through one game. I don't want more game modes Just a better game

Feels like every other ea sports football and I thought the graphics were actually worse. does anyone play the game in instant replay mode because that's the graphics they keep showing off in all there
    games.
  3. Jul 17, 2013
    I Really tried hard to like this game, but I found it very hard to do the more I played.

First Impression: The game's lag was noticeable from the start, although I thought the pre-game commentary show was a nice touch and well done but real short. The first real Glitch I noticed from the start was when scoring a touchdown, the ball ended up on the grass and just slid in one direction

The first real Glitch I noticed from the start was when scoring a touchdown, the ball ended up on the grass and just slid in one direction with the camera focused on it until I hit R2 to cancel it out lol wow EA! how did you let this get through:)

Now on Defense it gets real bad, The no-huddle offense is primary for the AI it seems, but the really bad part is, you don't get to pick a defensive play until the offense is all lined up and ready, so there might be 1-2 seconds to shift your line/linebackers and set your secondary before the play IF you're lucky.

Now the Graphics were both good and bad but mostly bad IMO. The player detail was good for the most part, right down to the elbow wrinkles, some of the detail was outstanding especially with the muscle tone... But the detail on the faces was lacking and re-hashed from years past too and the body shapes were not too well done either as well as several collider issues.

The biggest improvement IMO, was with the player momentum! Size now officially matters in this game and that's a good thing, no more 175lb guy taking out a 300lber bs that used to happen, one of the coolest things in this game is when a DT runs into a RB, or a big safety puts a whack on a receiver going through the middle.

The Thing that really surprised me was how bad the stadium graphics were, the crowd animations are terrible especially from the panned out Blimp view or where the camera is moving and panning out...I mean, real bad looking, I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It also might just be that my expectations were a bit high going into this years version too, but I doubt it.

The game like's to take it's time and pace itself by the added delay between each play, so much so that it almost takes away from the progress achieved on the field IMO

I saw(and heard) a lot of familiar things as the game went along, the same commentary loops from Brad Nessler from years past are still in there along with some new stuff but IMO not nearly enough.

I could go on and on with ripping this game for how terrible it is, but it's not ALL bad, some of the things I liked, I liked a lot. It's just too bad they had to take 3 steps forward is some ways and 5 steps back in others, and those of us caught in the middle just wasted 60$...makes me nervous about how this year's Madden Game will turn out, since, of course, I pre-ordered it too:(

This series is in dire need of some competition, to drive the quality where it should be and should have been, no company IMO should own the exclusive rights to the NCAA or the NFL...ever! This is what could happen.

I have bought this game new every year that it came out and I'm certain this is the last year I do that. I can't wait for their exclusive rights to expire, I think once that happens, this game might get good again, or someone else will hopefully make a better game.

1. Jul 23, 2013
    NCAA Football 14 offers a worthy culmination of this generation of football games. It won’t blow anyone out of the water, but again, we really have come to a point where only so much is going to happen this generation.
    Overall, NCAA Football 14 delivers in pretty much every way imaginable, with a few issues that arise from the Infinity Engine 2 and some issues with the no huddle offense. The improvements that it brings with this year’s installment are what fans have been asking for.
  3. Jul 12, 2013
    In short, if you’re a big college football fan and you know what to expect, go for it. Otherwise, wait until next generation.