5.5

1. Jul 11, 2013
    Solid sports game not much has changed, I wish the game clock was at the top of the screen. Also they need new announcers same guys year in and out get boring. it's a good buy for me until madden 25 comes out on the ps4.
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    Just another cookie cutter football game with new rosters.
    I couldn't even get through one game. I don't want more game modes Just a better game

Feels like every other ea sports football and I thought the graphics were actually worse. does anyone play the game in instant replay mode because that's the graphics they keep showing off in all there
    games.
  3. Jul 10, 2013
    NCAA brought it this year.Love the OL/DL interaction this year hopefully we will see more changes in the future. Adding the "Infinity Engine" was a big plus especially when it was missing in last year's title. Also added one of my favorite modes in Ultimate Team with some sweet legends. I still want to see more with Road to Glory in terms of overall interaction. If you've never played the NCAA Football series or have been away for awhile then go out and pick it up you wont be disappointed. Expand
  4. Jul 9, 2013
    I have to say NCAA 14 is the best one so far on the ps3 The new engine makes for very smooth gameplay along with the new blocking AI and running moves that can be strung together ,it does not let me down.

NCAA 14 has brought in a new game mode as well with Ultimate team which gives you the chance to use some of best college players to step on the field rather its online head to head or
    doing one of many challenges versus the cpu.

The nike skills trainer allows for all users to have a place to polish up your skills learn the controls passing,running along with some hot routes not to mention if you do well doing these drills you are rewarded for doing so. This is a great tool for all users old and new.

This game actually feels like a football game its very smooth and with game modes such as dynasty road to glory ultimate team along with playing head to head online.

When I look at games I go look at them to see if I will have alot of fun as well as spend enough time playing the game to warrant a purchase with NCAA 14 EA has met both of those needs this year as I know I will spend plenty of time having fun with this game and have recommended it to friends which is something I don't do very often with games.
  5. Jul 9, 2013
    The NCAA Football franchise has suffered some lean years of late, especially last year’s entry; when the “Infinity Engine” was announced for Madden NFL 13 to introduce physics to its gameplay—a feature NCAA Football 13 would be lacking—fans of college football were left waiting anxiously for this year’s release. With only months remaining before the start of a new console generation, NCAA Football 14 has sounded a triumphant cry to unofficially close the current console generation, delivering arguably the best iteration of the franchise since the launch of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

It all begins with gameplay, which benefits from the implementation of “Infinity Engine 2,” helping to create more unpredictable play results. The game has also seen improvements in the Option run game—including the addition of new schemes and plays—and basic running controls where the left analog stick controls hard cuts and the right analog stick controls special moves. The “Infinity Engine 2” also brings the Hit Stick and the Truck Stick back to prominence, while making the Stiff Arm a viable tool in the offensive arsenal again.

Blocking has been improved as well, with new assignments and interactions between offensive and defensive linemen to freshen up the running experience. There are still instances of missed assignments and frustration, but the frequency of their occurrence is significantly less than previous games.

Dynasty and Online Dynasty modes have seen new additions through the introduction of XP and Coach Skills. Players in the mode earn XP by achieving goals in gameplay and recruiting, allowing them the ability to level up their coaches and unlock new Coach Skills. Coach Skills are broken up into skills which affect the game on the field as well as skills which assist in recruiting.

The tried-and-true (and tired) system of recruiting from previous versions of NCAA Football has been overhauled this year with Power Recruiting. The system simplifies recruiting, eliminating the time-consuming “phone call” mechanic and streamlining menus to allow the same amount of depth in while allowing you to more quickly complete your recruiting responsibilities and get back to the game.

Presentation has seen some upgrades as well, though not all will be fully embraced. The unique “tradition” introductions to the games were judged to be over-long, and have been replaced by “music videos” which use highlights to lead into each game; people who liked seeing what makes each of the 126 schools on-disc unique might be disappointed with the loss of these pre-game sequences. Less polarizing are the additions of new statistical overlays and a better-functioning “Living Clock” from the ESPN scorebug, which helps the NCAA Football 14 experience look and feel more like a broadcast. The addition of a halftime show with highlights and commentary from Rece Davis and David Pollack also helps to spruce up presentation, though the in-game commentary from Brad Nessler and Kirk Herbstreit continues to feel old.

The game introduces the popular EA SPORTS staple, Ultimate Team, through NCAA Football Ultimate Team. It functions similarly to Ultimate Team from other EA SPORTS titles, though it uses cards for current and former NFL players representing their college years. There’s not much here to convince non-fans of Ultimate Team as a mode to commit to NFUT, but Ultimate Team fans will have something to keep them busier than in past years.

There is also a “Play a Season” mode in NCAA Football 14 which strips away much of the newly-introduced XP, Coach Skills, and Power Recruiting and allows players to simply play through the 2013 season. While it will surely have its target audience, it feels strange to introduce new features to the Dynasty experience and then offer a way to avoid using those new features.

Fans of Road to Glory mode and last year’s Heisman Challenge mode will be disappointed to find that not much has changed, though the gameplay experience benefits from the addition of the Infinity Engine 2. The lack of improvement for the “single player” career modes is a weak point in the overall package, and fans will be desperate for news about these modes in NCAA Football 15.

NCAA Football 14 is a vast improvement over what the franchise has offered in the past few years. From a personal standpoint, it has given me significantly more enjoyment than any other version of the series released for current consoles. Usually I have to work to stay committed to a Dynasty through a season, leaving me to spend my time in Play Now one-off games; I’ve already played an entire season in my Dynasty, and the gameplay revisions combined with XP and Coach Skills have me looking forward to many more seasons. If NCAA Football 14 is the last version of the game that will be relevant on current consoles with the series making the jump to PS4 and Xbox One next summer, then at least the series will be going out with a BCS Bowl-worthy effort.
  6. Aug 19, 2013
    This game is great I guess people are being so critical of it because its getting old reviewing what seems to be the same game every year. I skipped NCAA 12 and 13 and I have to say the only college game that comes close to this is NCAA 06 which was last gen. Everything is better stop hating on it! Makes me really want Madden I know its gonna be better than this.
  7. Jul 9, 2013
    Obvious errors like fsu's facemasks are grey in the game when in actuality they are Garnet (never have been grey). Also Florida state field has crop circles in it which they've never done in real life & looks retarded BTW.
  8. Jul 9, 2013
    this game is so good. gameplay is very good including new running moves.. dynasty mode is hell fun to do.. defense need minor fix especially secondary presentation is nice
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    So I have never really been a fan on the NCAA series, but with the infinity engine going in this year and the upgraded to the running and blocking game I wanted to check it out. The game seems to play flawlessly. I love the enhanced stadium noise. Running game seems to be on point. The option upgrades have FINALLY made this favorite college play enjoyable. I gave 8 out of 10. Way to make this game playable again! Expand
  10. Jul 17, 2013
    I Really tried hard to like this game, but I found it very hard to do the more I played.

First Impression: The game's lag was noticeable from the start, although I thought the pre-game commentary show was a nice touch and well done but real short.

The first real Glitch I noticed from the start was when scoring a touchdown, the ball ended up on the grass and just slid in one direction
    with the camera focused on it until I hit R2 to cancel it out lol wow EA! how did you let this get through:)

Now on Defense it gets real bad, The no-huddle offense is primary for the AI it seems, but the really bad part is, you don't get to pick a defensive play until the offense is all lined up and ready, so there might be 1-2 seconds to shift your line/linebackers and set your secondary before the play IF you're lucky.

Now the Graphics were both good and bad but mostly bad IMO. The player detail was good for the most part, right down to the elbow wrinkles, some of the detail was outstanding especially with the muscle tone... But the detail on the faces was lacking and re-hashed from years past too and the body shapes were not too well done either as well as several collider issues.

The biggest improvement IMO, was with the player momentum! Size now officially matters in this game and that's a good thing, no more 175lb guy taking out a 300lber bs that used to happen, one of the coolest things in this game is when a DT runs into a RB, or a big safety puts a whack on a receiver going through the middle.

The Thing that really surprised me was how bad the stadium graphics were, the crowd animations are terrible especially from the panned out Blimp view or where the camera is moving and panning out...I mean, real bad looking, I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It also might just be that my expectations were a bit high going into this years version too, but I doubt it.

The game like's to take it's time and pace itself by the added delay between each play, so much so that it almost takes away from the progress achieved on the field IMO

I saw(and heard) a lot of familiar things as the game went along, the same commentary loops from Brad Nessler from years past are still in there along with some new stuff but IMO not nearly enough.

I could go on and on with ripping this game for how terrible it is, but it's not ALL bad, some of the things I liked, I liked a lot. It's just too bad they had to take 3 steps forward is some ways and 5 steps back in others, and those of us caught in the middle just wasted 60$...makes me nervous about how this year's Madden Game will turn out, since, of course, I pre-ordered it too:(

This series is in dire need of some competition, to drive the quality where it should be and should have been, no company IMO should own the exclusive rights to the NCAA or the NFL...ever! This is what could happen.

I have bought this game new every year that it came out and I'm certain this is the last year I do that. I can't wait for their exclusive rights to expire, I think once that happens, this game might get good again, or someone else will hopefully make a better game.
  11. Jul 30, 2013
    This game isn't that different from NCAA 13. Besides a couple new game modes, new uniforms and a couple of new schools, this game is exactly the same as NCAA 13. However, this game is good.

1. Jul 23, 2013
    NCAA Football 14 offers a worthy culmination of this generation of football games. It won’t blow anyone out of the water, but again, we really have come to a point where only so much is going to happen this generation.
    Overall, NCAA Football 14 delivers in pretty much every way imaginable, with a few issues that arise from the Infinity Engine 2 and some issues with the no huddle offense. The improvements that it brings with this year’s installment are what fans have been asking for.
  3. Jul 12, 2013
    In short, if you’re a big college football fan and you know what to expect, go for it. Otherwise, wait until next generation.