5.9

1. Oct 31, 2012
    Awesome awesome arcade-racer!!!! What is it with reviewers thinking this is supposed to be driving round a track for hour after hour, tweaking the car little by little then going back round a track until you fall asleep at the controls???? Go get GT or some other soul-draining sim-racer. Game is awesome and HUGE FUN!!!!!
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    I was iffy about buying this I love burnout but I was definitely in the mood for some real NFS racing game. After about an hour of playing I gotta say this game kicks ass! best way to describe it would be the handling of NFS underground with the open world of burnout paradise. It's not burnout it is NFS
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    This game dominates the racing world right now! EA and Criterion have created the ultimate race - gaming experience possible! Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012 is like Burnout but with official cars. Very fun and interesting to play.
  4. Nov 1, 2012
    Look, giving this game a bad review because it "isn't a real sequel to most wanted" is ridiculous. Do you see a "2" or "two" anywhere in the title? Didn't think so. Criterion re-imagined a game, just like they did with Hot Pursuit. It's a great game. To the people complaining about manual. A) It's not a driving sim, It's an arcade racer, and since It's Need for Speed that should come as noLook, giving this game a bad review because it "isn't a real sequel to most wanted" is ridiculous. Do you see a "2" or "two" anywhere in the title? Didn't think so. Criterion re-imagined a game, just like they did with Hot Pursuit. It's a great game. To the people complaining about manual. A) It's not a driving sim, It's an arcade racer, and since It's Need for Speed that should come as no surprise. B) demoting a game to a 0 based on that is childish. Every article about this game pre launch has stated that Its "Burnout Paradise 2.0" so why are any of you surprised or upset by this? Why did you even buy the game? For anyone who doesn't want a troll review, this is a great game. If you like Hot Pursuit two years ago or you liked Burnout Paradise you'll be right at home here. The gameplay is great, blowing through bilboards and pissing off the cops just to see if you can get away is awesome. Graphics are great, should also be no surprise. The fact you can play as any car from the start is something new and I personally like it. Expand
  5. Nov 2, 2012
    It's just amazing that in a game that was CLEARLY billed by both EA and NFS/Criterion as "Burnout Paradise 2" or "Burnout Paradise with Cops", so many reviews keep going back to the whole NFS:MW on the PS2.

At NO time was that ever hinted at or suggested. The intention of this game was always to be open world and to compete against your friends. There are plenty of ways to get Autolog fans which is another thing people are missing, apparently.

Cars DO handle differently, you've got to be a racing ran and have played a LOT of different ones to really see the subtle ones. Two cars can have the same top speed/accel but handle WAY different. It's about trial and error.

As for "having everything handed to you", I see it as refreshing. You're not worrying about maxing out experience points to unlock all the cars. They are all available at the start. Sure, some of them are out of the way, but I found 5 in the first 10 minutes of play. As a developer, it's near impossible to produce a racing game that's going to satisfy both the hardcore and the casual fan.

I've played darn near every racing game ever released for the PS3, and this game falls into a lump with Blur, Dirt 3, Gran Turismo 5 and Driver: San Francisco as to which one is "truly" the best. It's definitely the best open world game (light years ahead of TDU2). I've now put 4 days into the game and I love it. I think the # of cars available is a little on the low side, and I think there's some significant difficulty spikes (especially the races that ask you to maintain an average speed). I also think that if you don't have Autolog friends and are simply staring at this as a single player game, you'll be through it rather quickly. If you've got friends and have seen how great multiplayer is, give this a 9. If you don't have friends and understand you're going to have to make your own fun/blaze your own trail, give it a 7. I simply shot the middle.
  6. Oct 31, 2012
    unbelievable game, the game Need for Speed game ever released. It got a 9 instead of 10 due to lack of dual screen mode. The best NFS game ever released, love it
  7. Oct 30, 2012
    If you want the paramount in arcade racing look no further than NFS:MW. I won't go too far into the mechanics or story, I'll just tell you how I feel about Most Wanted. This isn't a Black Box game so don't expect anything similar to the 2005 title of the same name, Criterion has been on an whole notha level since the first Burnout. When it comes to making you feel like a stunt driver,If you want the paramount in arcade racing look no further than NFS:MW. I won't go too far into the mechanics or story, I'll just tell you how I feel about Most Wanted. This isn't a Black Box game so don't expect anything similar to the 2005 title of the same name, Criterion has been on an whole notha level since the first Burnout. When it comes to making you feel like a stunt driver, there is no equivalent Some may say the new feel is "heavy" or unrealistic and call that a bad thing. These people haven't played this type of game. Burnout is about drifting, extreme speed and vehicle destruction. Don't write a review if all you wanted was Fortza or GT, you bought the wrong game too bad. This is about action-racing, the non-boring kind of racing. You aren't circling a track for 45 minutes. You're weaving the streets of a busy city, trying your best to dodge traffic, make secrets and destroy other players. The multiplayer is of a different caliber than you have ever experience, sans Hot Pursuit players. The difference is in the spontaneity of it all. The fused mechanics of Hot Pursuit's feel and Paradise's openness make for a multiplayer experience that is almost seamless with the singleplayer. This is possibly one of the most revolutionary efforts ever made in that respect. A game that lets you have true freedom. This is where all games are headed I expect. A 10/10 if I ever gave one. Note: I feel sorry for anyone who is even the least bit swayed in their purchase by the negative reviews being written. Go back to racing sims you pack of idiots. Fortza and GT aren't even games by definition. They're simulators. I get that some want to drive a car exactly like being in a real race, but I myself want to see cars flipping and crashing, going off cliffs and hitting pedestrians, to be able to drift at 200 mhp and hit the turbo. But that's just me. **** ten. Expand
  8. Oct 30, 2012
    thank you criterion very good game everything in the right way i love this game it is one of the most amazing race games ever made really good work ..
  9. Nov 4, 2012
    One of the best "Modern-day racers." Criterion delivers its next TRUE hit after Burnout Paradise. The driving mechanics feel great and the graphics are stunning. Though, the crashes do feel unfinished and bland.
  10. Dec 5, 2012
    This is an updated review of this game since I finished the single player mode recently. The main story mode where you have to take down the 10 most wanted cars to unlock them is a fun experience. Also the 40 or so licensed cars that are scattered around Fairhaven are fun to drive and beat the races that are tied to a specific car. While Most Wanted has some elements of past NFS gamesThis is an updated review of this game since I finished the single player mode recently. The main story mode where you have to take down the 10 most wanted cars to unlock them is a fun experience. Also the 40 or so licensed cars that are scattered around Fairhaven are fun to drive and beat the races that are tied to a specific car. While Most Wanted has some elements of past NFS games like the cop chases, the crazy speed, and licensed cars, it feels more like a sequel to Burnout Paradise, which isn't a bad thing unless you're a hardcore NFS fan. The crashes and handling of the cars is very Burnout Paradise. The single player mode you can easily finish in a week, so it really isn't that lengthy. The online multi player in fun and that's where the true value of the game is. There isn't any cheesy story mode in this game like past NFS games, which is fine by me. The graphics, controls, and gameplay are all solid in this game, if you're expecting a true NFS game and/or a lengthy single player campaign, you might wanna pass this game by or wait til it's cheaper. Expand
  11. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is CRAZY. The open world is so big but lost, The cars are hottest, The pursuit is massive but dangerous and is more experiancble then The Run. This is the only need for speed game i love, since hot pursuit and shift 2 unleashed.
  12. Dec 7, 2012
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion Game (since that is, apparently, its full name) is a tough nut to crack. On one hand, it's a huge improvement over humiliating "The Run" that I still can't recover from, and a smart coalition of NFS and Burnout series. And to some degree, it is. It is smart, it is fun, it is visually pleasing to the eye. And then, there are those little things,Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion Game (since that is, apparently, its full name) is a tough nut to crack. On one hand, it's a huge improvement over humiliating "The Run" that I still can't recover from, and a smart coalition of NFS and Burnout series. And to some degree, it is. It is smart, it is fun, it is visually pleasing to the eye. And then, there are those little things, that prove to be not so little after a while. The biggest downfall for me is the absolute lack of any innovation. We are placed in, almost literally, the same city: coast from one side, mountains from the other. Downtown in between, plus the industrial area and highways holding it all together. That is something we've seen hundreds of times, from NFS and Burnout series, too - isn't it time for innovation? The game is obvious down to the soundtrack: some d'n'b, some hits, some rock, some american poprock, some electronic, few hits. It's painfully expectable. The game has some issues with the difficulty level, too - some tracks deemed as "easy" prove to be impossible to finish, and vice versa. And as you play, more and more of those little devilish details start to pile up - until you finish the game, which is rather quickly. NfSMWACG could be a top game if two braniac studios had shown a bit of innovation and risk-taking, instead of pure laziness and the same, stale gimmicks. Expand
  13. Aug 4, 2013
    Why zero? Because the cars are unresponsive; there is no merit to be found in a racing game where steering is so slow. Graphics and sound, customisation, balance, progression and challenge these all hinge on being able to control the action, and in NFS: MW this is impossible.
  14. Oct 30, 2012
    need for speed most wanted - A Criterion Game my best car game till this moment graphics action and every thing you need you will find it in this game like hot pursuit
  15. Oct 30, 2012
    It's best open-world racing game. But you must know, that it is not Most Wanted. It's Burnout Paradise 2 with license cars. But it's pretty good!!!!
  16. Oct 31, 2012
    All of you people who are rating this game as a zero or extremely low, go back to Forza and Xbox. You obviously have an economic agenda and no credibility. NFS MW is the best racing experience since Burnout Paradise. The racing is fun, intense, and the world is second to none. A must buy for anyone remotely interested in an adrenaline filled speed fest.
  17. Oct 30, 2012
    It's a remake with some new Features. Guess that's okay and I really don't expect much more of EA...but it's not as good as Forza Horizon. It's still way too much Arcade, Forza gets the symbiosis between Simulation and Arcade way better. The cars are fine, but for my taste it's once more too much PS-Monsters. Guess there's not much left to say. Buy it, if you have no XBox 360. If you'veIt's a remake with some new Features. Guess that's okay and I really don't expect much more of EA...but it's not as good as Forza Horizon. It's still way too much Arcade, Forza gets the symbiosis between Simulation and Arcade way better. The cars are fine, but for my taste it's once more too much PS-Monsters. Guess there's not much left to say. Buy it, if you have no XBox 360. If you've got one: Forza Horizon. Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2012
    Best racing game Atm if u like racing games get it right now !
  19. Nov 29, 2012
    I haven't played alot of need for speed games in my time, but when i decided to snatch this game up at walmart, it blew me away, the physics, graphics, dimensions, and different pros and cons about each car is soooooo realistic!!!!! The only thing that makes me not give this a 10 is the fact that you cant CUSTOMIZE your vehicle. Im a madden and COD type of guy, which is completelyI haven't played alot of need for speed games in my time, but when i decided to snatch this game up at walmart, it blew me away, the physics, graphics, dimensions, and different pros and cons about each car is soooooo realistic!!!!! The only thing that makes me not give this a 10 is the fact that you cant CUSTOMIZE your vehicle. Im a madden and COD type of guy, which is completely different from this game, So if your smart you will pick this game up. Expand
  20. Nov 9, 2012
    I have played Criterion's Most Wanted on PS3 for a week now and to me best part of the game so far is the billboard smashing (from Burnout Paradise).

Racing is quite hard, partly because I'm still a novice with the gamepad, but mainly because the tracks do not have those floating arrow barriers to show you where to drive at intersections and the sides of the roads are filled with hundredths of sudden stop opportunities.

This game is definitely a step back from The Run and even Criterion's own Hot Pursuit. If we are honest and I always am, this game is nothing more than a badge engineered Burnout Paradise 2. I haven't yet found a single feature that would scream out Need for Speed, but a ton of ones that say: "Hey look, I'm a sequel to Burnout Paradise with a high profile name and licensed cars".

The game would have scored better, if it did not have so many missing and left out features. The game has no screenshot ability and it's missing hood cam and far chase cam (arcade game does not really need a **** view). There's no proper customization, but that's understandable, since the game also has no money and no garage to put your cars in. In fact. I think all cars are stolen. There's also no real incentive to get away from the cops in your stolen car, because there's no money in the game, so you won't get fined no matter what you do with your car. With all these absent features and more, I can only give it half of what I would give to a good game with no missing features (5/10).

Conclusion: It's a fun game and you'll love it, if you liked Burnout Paradise. If you loved the original Most Wanted and couldn't care less about Burnout Paradise, you will most likely hate this game with all your heart.
  21. Nov 21, 2012
    The physics of Hot Pursuit meets the open world of Paradise City. Now imagine coming around a corner with the heavier physics and seeing 3 different obsticals in the way and having to steer around them. This worked very well with arcade handling, but it doesn't here. Hot Pursuit had a small amout of obsticals for this very reason. And somehow (a mystery) the developers are still forcing usThe physics of Hot Pursuit meets the open world of Paradise City. Now imagine coming around a corner with the heavier physics and seeing 3 different obsticals in the way and having to steer around them. This worked very well with arcade handling, but it doesn't here. Hot Pursuit had a small amout of obsticals for this very reason. And somehow (a mystery) the developers are still forcing us to watch every crash. There was an outcry after Paradise City after they did this. Were you not paying attention? And to top it off, they took away the takedown cutaway, which were truly cool. Now it just says "Takedown". However, the graphis are great and I like the progression. And when it's working well, it is a lot of fun. It's just one of those games were you can have a lot of fun but it seems like, literally, every 90 seconds I'm findng something that totally annoys me until I sell the game (which I just did). Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2012
    Esse jogo está longe, mas muito longe de ser o verdadeiro Need for Speed Most Wanted, parece um clone e mal feito gráficos não não tudo pessoal será que vou ver um Need for Speed descente?

Is this play distant, but much far from being the true Need for Speed Most Wanted, it seems a clone and when personal one was badly made printers not not everything it will be that I am going to see a Need he will be descending Speed?
  23. Aug 16, 2013
    This game was an OK experience. The graphics are good, the cars have great detail, and there is a lot of cars in this game, BUT the thing that made me give this game a relatively average score is that you have to "find" them instead of earning them, the only cars you can earn are the cars you win when you complete a most wanted race, witch there are 10 in total. In the PS2 games, you'dThis game was an OK experience. The graphics are good, the cars have great detail, and there is a lot of cars in this game, BUT the thing that made me give this game a relatively average score is that you have to "find" them instead of earning them, the only cars you can earn are the cars you win when you complete a most wanted race, witch there are 10 in total. In the PS2 games, you'd have to BUY the cars, earning money from races and challenges. I felt no reward what so ever when i found an supercar a random place in the city, (and btw, the city is not big at all) it's even marked on your map when you're close to the cars you find. Another problem are the cops, they ram into you, it feels like they want to kill you, not stop you. If you're on an edge of a cliff, they just ram into you, killing you and themselves. Crashes are SOO frustrating and BORING in this game, they last waay to long, and your car looks the same after you've crashed your car 200 KmH into a wall. What happened to the crashes from Burnout? It's the same studio that made that game, why isn't it here Criterion? Another let down is NO customization AT ALL, the only things you can do is put off-road tires and nitro-boost in your car. The online can be pretty fun, but you have to drive to these locations and do the races or challenges, then drive to a new one. Why isn't there MODES in this game? If you want to do free-roam only in a public game, too bad, there is none of that, only in-between the races or challenges. Some people might enjoy this, but why not include RACE-ONLY, JUMP-CHALLENGES ONLY or DRIFTING-CHALLENGES ONLY modes. I am disappointed Critirion. The game can be really fun at times, racing against other on the highway is pretty fun, free roam is also fun, but is ruined by lack off specific modes, you have to do all this things you might not be intrested in too. There is nothing that makes your car special, in multiplayer, none will notice your car.
    If this is the way you want to go, having no customization, finding cars around the city, even starting off with a supercar, i will not buy your next game, and a lot of other fans that want progression and customization.
  24. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is simply not enjoyable in any way other than the visuals, which are the only reason that it didn't get a lower score. The handling of the cars is truly abysmal even the Ariel Atom handles like a boat. And escaping the police is an exercise in frustration, often escalating to the point where the most you can do is lower your wanted level a little before an eagle-eyedThis game is simply not enjoyable in any way other than the visuals, which are the only reason that it didn't get a lower score. The handling of the cars is truly abysmal even the Ariel Atom handles like a boat. And escaping the police is an exercise in frustration, often escalating to the point where the most you can do is lower your wanted level a little before an eagle-eyed patrolman positively identifies you through a crack in a fence from 2 miles away.

I want to love this game, but I absolutely cannot stand to play it for another moment.
  25. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is retarded. You can never handle the car. You will crash all the time. You can never win in one go. It's like driving in GTA. How can anybody like this crap?
  26. Nov 10, 2013
    Worst driving physics of any racing game. I got the game free from PS Plus so can't complain too much, however I'd be gutted if I'd paid for it. When driving you feel as though you only have 50% influence on what happens to the car when doing races, you kind of need to guide the car rather than drive it and hope it lurches and bounces in the right direction.

Need for speed has never

Need for speed has never been known for realism but this sets the standard for woeful driving experiences. Avoid if you're buying, but if you're getting it for free, don't expect anything close to a driving sim, it's awful.
  27. Dec 15, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of the first NFS Most Wanted, but the 2012 one is just awful. Graphics wise it is great, but the gameplay is horrible. It's almost impossible to win races and there is absolutely no sense of accomplishment in this game. You have all the cars unlocked from the beginning, but that doesn't even matter, since the AI opponents are always right behind you, no matter what car youI'm a huge fan of the first NFS Most Wanted, but the 2012 one is just awful. Graphics wise it is great, but the gameplay is horrible. It's almost impossible to win races and there is absolutely no sense of accomplishment in this game. You have all the cars unlocked from the beginning, but that doesn't even matter, since the AI opponents are always right behind you, no matter what car you drive or how many times you crash into them. Expand
  28. Feb 10, 2014
    This is stupid, I had the impression it was a remake of the original PS2 game to be greatly disappointed, the PS2 game is even better than this garbage. Only good if all you care about is graphics and lacks story based reason or motive for becoming most wanted.
  29. Mar 5, 2014
    Not a racing game fan. But I liked NFS undercover. Which made me try this one. Plus it was for free on PS Plus.
    I didn't like the game. Races were ok. But not fun. At least not as fun as it was with Undercover. There was a story, there was cut scenes. You were supposed to feel like a bad ass racer in single player.
    Here in NFS most wanted all races are just repetitive of each other. You
    Here in NFS most wanted all races are just repetitive of each other. You just need to change the care to feel slightly different.
    I am close to platinum this one. But it wasn't fun at all. I didn't enjoy it
  30. Mar 22, 2014
    I bought this game on the PSN & I am royally pissed I can't get my $10 back! That's a pack of smokes with some change I could of bought. Zero visual customization, no manual transmission, extremely low amount of performance modifications, terrible AI, insanely aggressive cops with Crown Victorians (Police Interceptor does 0-60mph in 6 seconds), & the way you get new cars is childish. IfI bought this game on the PSN & I am royally pissed I can't get my $10 back! That's a pack of smokes with some change I could of bought. Zero visual customization, no manual transmission, extremely low amount of performance modifications, terrible AI, insanely aggressive cops with Crown Victorians (Police Interceptor does 0-60mph in 6 seconds), & the way you get new cars is childish. If your buying this game for a kid, then by all means buy it. If your an adult that goes to the local track as a hobby like myself, then DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! Cars physics are as far from reality as Criterion could possibly make them. The repair stations are a absolute joke, races are extremely linear and trying to hit the apex of a turn will only lead to frustration as you likely have a head on collision with the average motorist. Graphics are nothing to write home to mom about & the ergonomics are laughable. I have deleted my digital copy from my HDD & wish there was a way to delete it from my downloads list in the PSN store. It is hind sight but I wish I came to this website to be informed of the mistake that is NFS: Most Wanted instead of going off the rating on the PSN store. BE FOR WARNED AND BEHOLD THE DEATH OF THE NFS SERIES. Expand
  31. Apr 29, 2014
    Absolute superb game. Beautiful graphics, immersive gameplay, awesome cars, huge open world and amazing multiplayer experience. Best racing game ever made on Earth.
  32. Sep 23, 2014
    Let me start by saying this is not a "need for speed" game at all. It's a burnout game that they slap the N.F.S title to it. There is no story unlike the original, although this iteration keeps the premise of racing all ten most wanted racers. To obtain cars, they are scatter through out the entire game and you must find them to use them. Also when when you beat any of the most wantedLet me start by saying this is not a "need for speed" game at all. It's a burnout game that they slap the N.F.S title to it. There is no story unlike the original, although this iteration keeps the premise of racing all ten most wanted racers. To obtain cars, they are scatter through out the entire game and you must find them to use them. Also when when you beat any of the most wanted racers to get their car you must crash into them to receive them. I pretty sure am beating a dead horse here but there is no customizations to make your vehicle stand out, just a minor change up in the performance section which all it really is slapping on new tires, nos, and changing the gear ratio. In the original most wanted to escape from the cops you had traps when triggered a giant doughnut would crush any pursuing officers and many more. There was also cooling spot where you would hide from the police which helps to decrease the heat. In this version to escape from the fuzz you have to out run them and no matter where you hide they will always check where you're hiding as well. Not to mention this no incentive to run from the cops anyways since they don't impound your car or fine you. One of my pet peeves within this game is the big crash scene, as you're racing you tend to make mistakes and one of them is crashing into other cars or other immovable objects. Then cue the third person version while watching your car rolling over and over again. Now this feature is cool for the first time but not thousandth which they should've made an option to turn this off or on. The driving mechanics is unbearable you tend to drift most of the time and most races tend to go "off-road" which makes you car really slow and the track is made up half of pavement and half dirt roads. While the A.I. is flying through the dirt section you have the option to put on the off-road tires but it's slides when driving on asphalt (Big catch 22). There are few cars in game and if you want more, what do you know you have buy the DLCs which i am not a big fan of. All am saying is i rather get "grid auto-sport" or "gran turismo" Expand
  33. Dec 30, 2014
    Race around... Do all that stuff... Annoy the cops... Get them chase after you... Be the ultimate racer... Get bored five seconds later... Put the game back in the box... That's it... Leave it alone... Maybe forever...
    Ok.. My point is - Its not the best =/.
  34. May 26, 2015
    Yeah, this game have nice graphics, excellent car sounds, cool cinematic effects and sounds, but it seems EA forgot the gameplay. It's too repetitive, and there is no interesting goals. The only goal is to be the number 1 on the Most Wanted list, and that is not so interesting for me.

Another thing is crashing with your car on this game, it's so annoying. You need to see a small crash cutscene Everytime you crash on a wall/car.

Racing on this game is absolutely boring. You don't need skills, only luck. If you are on the first place, the cars behind you will become much faster, even the "slow" police cars that are chasing you are much faster than your supercar.

I will not play this game again.
  35. Feb 26, 2017
    DLC is ridiculously overpriced if you wish to get it for $9.99 on the PlayStation Store. But it its a good game to play online, cause mayhem in police pursuits inside a Lexus LFA or a Porsche, and beating friends. Nothing else really.
  36. Aug 23, 2013
    Take Burnout Paradise (also made by Criterion), change the city, add real cars instead than inspired-from-real ones, remove the wonderfully fun-to-drive motorcycles, et voilà, you have NFS Most Wanted. A game which, in the end, clones its own developer's previous efforts, but removes stuff instead than adding it (ok, real cars apart), while keeping all the faults, which are many. ForTake Burnout Paradise (also made by Criterion), change the city, add real cars instead than inspired-from-real ones, remove the wonderfully fun-to-drive motorcycles, et voilà, you have NFS Most Wanted. A game which, in the end, clones its own developer's previous efforts, but removes stuff instead than adding it (ok, real cars apart), while keeping all the faults, which are many. For example, when racing, the checkpoints are not very visible and often badly positioned, so unless you have squinted eyes that allow you to drive while focusing both on the road and on the minimap, you will often miss the right exit or turn. It's also full of little but annoying bugs. As in Burnout Paradise, you will get points by finding and destroying all billboards and gates. Too bad that half the time a destroyed billboard/gate is readily forgotten by the save/scoring system. All in all, if you have Burnout Paradise, stick to that, since it's much more fun. Otherwise, you might want to give Most Wanted a try: the driving system is arcade and fun, though it becomes quickly frustrating when you're forced to concentrate on the minimap instead than on being a cool driver. Expand
  37. Apr 7, 2014
    Ill make this short for people looking to buy the game. I am a big fan of the nfs series and this one fits right in, sure it has its problems such as i dont like the car switching system and some of the car physics could use some work but outside of that the game is fun and action packed. You will be racing in multiple fast cars and coming up against some hard AI drivers, in a battle toIll make this short for people looking to buy the game. I am a big fan of the nfs series and this one fits right in, sure it has its problems such as i dont like the car switching system and some of the car physics could use some work but outside of that the game is fun and action packed. You will be racing in multiple fast cars and coming up against some hard AI drivers, in a battle to become number 1. It is a great game and a great buy but in my opinion it did not do the original nfs most wanted justice. Expand
  38. Nov 3, 2013
    The first Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) is still my most favorite racing game of all time. The police chases were fast, frenetic, and fun and had a pretty decent story that was the first interesting one in a racing game that I can remember (even better one than the Fast and Furious movies). This game is entirely different, which is bittersweet. With that said, this sequel, reboot, orThe first Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) is still my most favorite racing game of all time. The police chases were fast, frenetic, and fun and had a pretty decent story that was the first interesting one in a racing game that I can remember (even better one than the Fast and Furious movies). This game is entirely different, which is bittersweet. With that said, this sequel, reboot, or whatever it is defined as has police chases, but they are not nearly as fun or intense as the original. In the original, there were specific sites that your vehicle could hit that would cause explosions, tip towers over, etc. to help lose the police and is sorely missed in this version. The mechanics of the chases themselves just don't feel as exciting. The only way to outrun police in the new version is to find the highway and outrun them. In the older version, going off-roading into the world's golf course or twisting and turning in new directions could lose the police. In typical Criterion fashion, this game does not have any story to it. Also, there is no customization to the cars. When you finally realize this is its own game, you realize how good it is. The game makes up for the disappointments with tons of great ideas. Autolog is back. Unlockables. VERY lifelike city. Very different range of cars from a Ford F150 to Forumala One racing car. You basically had to use a certain vehicle in the original to progress, but you can swap between about 40 or so cars at will using one or many to complete the game. This game promotes EXPLORATION, which is its finest trait. Knocking down billboards, finding cars, and speed cameras are a few of the things that the game rewards you for. With such a nice city, it takes awhile for it to get old. There's nothing like the freedom of an open road trying to find every nook and cranny where a new vehicle may be hiding. Like the previous Most Wanted game, it is just FUN. It is not the sequel I was expecting, but take out the Most Wanted title out and is is very good. Good enough to be my second favorite racer of all time (and I've played alot). Collapse

1. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 17, 2012
    Great multiplayer and a huge sandbox to play in make this a wild and crazy ride. [Jan 2013, p.64]
  2. Play UK
    Nov 30, 2012
    Easily the best arcade racer of this generation. [Issue#225, p.76]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Nov 28, 2012
    Take Burnout Paradise's massive open world, strip out the wild, physics-defying, cabin-crushing crashes and insert a generous handful of the world's hottest or most iconic motors. This is Need for Speed that only Criterion could create. [Christmas 2012, p.83]