Need for Speed ProStreet PlayStation 3

6.1

1. LeeS.
    Jan 8, 2008
    I have played and finished nfs Underground and Most Wanted, both great games. ProStreet isn't even close. I rented it to check it out and WILL bring it back early and get something else. I was very disappointed. No city to drive around in. No street racing like the great nfs series has put out. Cars look nice but the customization engine that made the others so great is just not I have played and finished nfs Underground and Most Wanted, both great games. ProStreet isn't even close. I rented it to check it out and WILL bring it back early and get something else. I was very disappointed. No city to drive around in. No street racing like the great nfs series has put out. Cars look nice but the customization engine that made the others so great is just not there anymore. Having to race on all race circuit tracks is extremely boring. I wouldnt mind the damage too much if we had some of the same gameplay as previous versions. This was a big disappointment especially since this was the first game I rented on my new PS3. Bummer since i give Underground and Most Wanted high ratings. Expand
  2. AryaB.
    Jan 30, 2008
    My first NFS title was Hot Pursuit, back in school days, and that made me fall in love with the franchise. There were many ups and downs along the way, but Pro-Street has by far been my biggest disaapointment and a total heartbreaker. Looks like, in his zeal to think out of the box, the creatives went overboard. The lighting, the environs, the physics, though quiet new, somehow falied to My first NFS title was Hot Pursuit, back in school days, and that made me fall in love with the franchise. There were many ups and downs along the way, but Pro-Street has by far been my biggest disaapointment and a total heartbreaker. Looks like, in his zeal to think out of the box, the creatives went overboard. The lighting, the environs, the physics, though quiet new, somehow falied to provide the rush of the game. At the end, the whole reality that was brought in didnt really let me live the game. If I wanted too much of reality and physics, i'd just go and buy a GT or McRae title. My Rating of 5 goes totally to the technical enhancements to the game, and no more. Which so totally saddens me because this is a title i have skipped school to play. Thankfully EA also released the Burnout Paradise, so that I can hit other cars and drown my sorrows of NFS into that. Expand
  3. OguzS.
    Nov 15, 2007
    I don`t get it...we have seen PGR4,Forza 2,And need for speed looks terrible..EA have the tecnology to make this game look better but they didn`t...!! i am a racing game fan but this game is just disappointing...if i wanted a race game that focuses on race tracks i rather paly Forza 2 or GT4.
  4. May 18, 2014
    I love driving games, and Need for Speed ProStreet is a fairly good one. You go into race days and play all of the events there. These events are Grip racing, Sector Shootout, where you beat record times in sectors, 1/4 mile drag, 1/2 mile drag, both of which are literally impossible to beat, and are bad modes as well. Finally, there is Time Attack and Drift. In all of these modes, youI love driving games, and Need for Speed ProStreet is a fairly good one. You go into race days and play all of the events there. These events are Grip racing, Sector Shootout, where you beat record times in sectors, 1/4 mile drag, 1/2 mile drag, both of which are literally impossible to beat, and are bad modes as well. Finally, there is Time Attack and Drift. In all of these modes, you just do the same thing: drive down a race track. However, there is plenty of fun to have in all of the game modes, aside from 1/4 and 1/2 mile drag. At a lot of times during this game, as with every game, you will have to press the X button. It takes 2 presses of the X button for the game to respond, not 1. Overall, there are better Need for Speed games, but this one gets a 7/10. Expand
  5. Jul 24, 2014
    I don't understand why this game is rated so low. This is a solid racing game. Sure the graphics aren't great at all and the cars don't sound amazing, I really like the career and how there are many different types of events (even if sector shootout is broken). Plus split screen is pretty rare these days so that's a bonus. I spent like 4 weeks on this game and it was worth it.

1. Having to cover the damage done to your cars gives playing the game a sense of desperation, and multiple event types mix things up. Even so, Need for Speed Pro Street doesn’t quite have enough meat to cover its bones and is best suited for players who are in for the challenge, not the big crashes.
    It feels more sophisticated, looks great, delivers tons of cars and racing disciplines, and upgrades what was already a solid online component. But far more critical, it's one of the best drives on the PS3.
  3. Sure, it moves fast, and the online options deliver a sweet community aspect, but the 1/4-mile drag events suck, the game at times looks jaggier than a shark's mouth and the drab presentation denies it much needed personality. It's a decent racer, but not sexy enough to rev our engines.