NHL 10 PlayStation 3

7.8

1. lilbuddy
    Sep 16, 2009
    By far, the best sports game on the market. 10 allows you to have some great battles in the corner boards. Speaking of battles, there is a whole new fighting system which is alot of fun if that's your sort of thing.
  2. JimK
    Oct 6, 2009
    Not so fast! The boardplay is a terrific addition. They have fixed the "glitch goals". However, there is real problem with CPU AI on advancing the puck into the offensive zone and overpassing. Also, your CPU teammates do not break out of the defensive zone properly and it is very difficult to create an odd-man rush. If you own NHL 09, not worth buying until these issues are fixed!
  3. BobA
    Sep 30, 2009
    This is an average title. It looks pretty good, some of the features work as advertised, but don't be fooled. Most of the 'New' features here are just repackaged (or not even that) old ones that were removed in the past; like Season mode. Not exactly strikingly new. There are SERIOUS bugs regarding online lag, game freezing, some gameplay bugs and one of the new modes has a This is an average title. It looks pretty good, some of the features work as advertised, but don't be fooled. Most of the 'New' features here are just repackaged (or not even that) old ones that were removed in the past; like Season mode. Not exactly strikingly new. There are SERIOUS bugs regarding online lag, game freezing, some gameplay bugs and one of the new modes has a serious problem where it has a large probability of freezing ingame. It gives the stench of unfinished, and that's just unacceptable. I'm not sure what game these 'critics' are reviewing, but it certainly isn't the one they're selling on the store shelves. If you just want to play a couple games in a 'play now' setting, it's pretty decent; the fighting is improved, and the after the whistle thing is interesting the first couple of times, but the rest of the modes have just too many inconsistencies, bugs, and general lack of polish to give this anything more than a 5. Expand
  4. FredM
    Jan 24, 2010
    Amazing game. No more easy victories. Even if you lead 3 nothing after one you can't be sure you will win the game. The controls are hard to master at first but the game only keeps growing on me. I think this is the best sports game I have ever played. There is a real challenge and that's what it is all about.
  5. TreverB.
    Sep 16, 2009
    I would have given this a 9.5 if possible, as it's not perfect, but it is an improvement over it's already excellent 09 outing. Board play, more options, first person fighting, and after the play scrums take the game one step farther towards complete realism.
  6. [ANONYMOUS]
    Sep 17, 2009
    Solid title, with great core gameplay, but more towards the continued presentation and linking of NHL09 accomplishments to NHL10 would make the purchase just that more enticing.
  7. WesleyV.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Very nice game
  8. ChrisS
    Sep 29, 2009
    Decent hockey game, its got pretty good physics for many aspects of the game. The stick lifting and the goalie passing is a little weak. The game speed is set a little slow, but that was easliy fixed. The best addition is deffinatly how they finally allowed us to have our own music, except for the loading screens where theres no music at all. Over all though a good game. Good Job EA
  9. RyanC
    Nov 28, 2009
    Like others I would rate this game as a 9.5, but since thats not possible I'll settle for giving it a 10. The game is definately an improvement over last year especially a passing system that's not so difficult as to ruin the game, but hard enough to prevent people from doing 20 behind the net one timers like last year. A few problems though. Diving poke checks need to be Like others I would rate this game as a 9.5, but since thats not possible I'll settle for giving it a 10. The game is definately an improvement over last year especially a passing system that's not so difficult as to ruin the game, but hard enough to prevent people from doing 20 behind the net one timers like last year. A few problems though. Diving poke checks need to be refined so that people get injured if they do it into the boards. Board play is a welcome addition but it needs more variety and on top of that needs to refine the vacuum effect. Also most importantly there needs to be more clean goals while avoiding goals that glitchers could potentially abuse. Part of me would like to see it be a little bit more realistic with more difficult puck handling and more difficulty in landing checks but I'm not sure how well a truly realistic hockey would translate into a video game. Overall though the game is great. Expand
  10. chrisa
    Dec 1, 2009
    k let me start off by saying good graphics, button controls and ya its like a real game. its too bad the online play is riddled w glitches, maybe its my internet connection but all my other games r fine. ive played games where my players r unable to shoot, pass, and even barely skate! i mean ive played hockey my whole life and understand how momentum in a hockey game can be a factor, but k let me start off by saying good graphics, button controls and ya its like a real game. its too bad the online play is riddled w glitches, maybe its my internet connection but all my other games r fine. ive played games where my players r unable to shoot, pass, and even barely skate! i mean ive played hockey my whole life and understand how momentum in a hockey game can be a factor, but an open net isan open net and jus because the other goalie jus made abig save doesnt mean the other team turns into a bunch of tards and cant shoot or pass anymore. guess what im saying is this game is very inconsistent and took the idea of low scoring games way too far! maybe someone hacked my system but the nhl10 i play f d! half the time i play im in control of my players and half the time im not really frustrating and ive quit games i was winning because it sucks soooo bad, seems like its geting progressively worse. whtvr Expand
  11. DavidG
    Dec 15, 2009
    I've mostly played online as its so addicting. I haven't bought an NHL game since 2002 and this one just blew me away. There are things they could improve on but overall I'm impressed by this title. In the next title it would be nice if they could add a little more variety in cut scenes instead of the same 2 or 3 that are shown when you score a goal.
  12. D'brickashawF
    Sep 15, 2009
    This game is amazing! EA really proved that one year is more than enough to upgrade an already incredable game, and make it much better. One timers hit the net more often, checks look more real, the goalie animation don't go unnoticed, and so much more! The EASHL (EA Sports Hockey Leauge) now has monthly seasons aswell as the choice of a "Casual" leauge, and a "Hardcore" leauge so This game is amazing! EA really proved that one year is more than enough to upgrade an already incredable game, and make it much better. One timers hit the net more often, checks look more real, the goalie animation don't go unnoticed, and so much more! The EASHL (EA Sports Hockey Leauge) now has monthly seasons aswell as the choice of a "Casual" leauge, and a "Hardcore" leauge so you should be matched up perfectly. Sports Game of The Year easily. Expand
  13. ShaunC
    Sep 16, 2009
    Best hockey video game to date, bar none. There are a few small problems of course, but the sweeping improvements that have been made across the computer AI and in the menus/Be a GM function are simply fantastic. This is the PS3 Hockey Game to own.
  14. Dec 18, 2013
    Great game. Although it's difficult to learn with no tutorial, I almost wanted to give up. Once you get a hang of the controls with the analog sticks it really works! I really felt like I was on the ice. I could almost tast the ice.
  15. Nov 9, 2013
    Great graphics and believable hockey atmosphere. Where I mainly see room for improvement are the European leagues, which often have wrong jerseys, outdated rosters etc.

1. Visually enticing and richly entertaining, this may be one of the best sports games of the year.
  2. All told it’s a compelling package that makes NHL 10 an outstanding upgrade over NHL 09 and it’s hard to ask for much more than that from a yearly sports release.
  3. NHL 10 is EA Sports’ best hockey title yet, offering considerably improved gameplay and another hour-eating mode in Be A GM.