7.1

1. Apr 4, 2013
    Team Ninja still have soul since Itagaki leave, & yes this games is look amazing with great graphic, new story, new char playable, if you fans ninja gaiden don't miss it
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    Maybe this game is not better than ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden 2 but I am glad that team ninja yave corrected the errors in ninja gaiden 3
  3. May 19, 2013
    much better than NG3 which I've thought was horrid
    this one is much closer to previous titles which is a plus for a sequel.
    The controls are smooth some nice easy to perform combos and a battle system that is easy but tough to master.
    The bad the quick times without button indication, ranged combat and cheap AI spam of unblockable moves.

Overall a good game.
  4. Apr 14, 2013
    I will have to admit, that I am thoroughly impressed with the game. Compared to part 3's initial release, this game has surpassed and corrected those flaws that hindered the previous title becoming what it should have been. I am a HUGE Ninja Gaiden fan, as I bought the original xbox specifically for that game, along with the 360 for its 2nd installment. Neither one of the 2 sequels will equal the first as it is truly a classic due that the difficulty was punishingly brutal. NG 2 expanded itself by adding finishers and increased depth and speed in combat which I f*cking loved. Part 3's re-release was everything I expected and I am very pleased with the outcome. I played the original version as a demo, and I will say although I was a tad bit satisfied, I was extremely disappointed. To clarify, I've waited 4 years specifically for third installment and was ultimately bummed to see they omitted the mechanics which made the predecessor phenomenal. However, this re-release more than proved my presumptions by tweaking the combat, gore, and difficulty, and by far it delivers the most intense combat compared to the other 2 titles. The narrative is fairly short, so it didn't take long for me to finish the game. I must stress that in no sense did this game seem repetitive to me. The scarab hunt along with the battle-royale challenges found while progressing through the story keeps the adventure rewarding. The combination of 2 other modes along 3 other playable characters retains the replay value substantial. The handful of weapons you acquire all seen in the earlier installments) each come with unique combos and finishers in regards to the type of foe you are fighting. This alone shows that effort was made toward redemption for its previous failure. It seems Team Ninja took heed of we the fans' out roar The game takes quite of bit of skill to play which is what NG is known for, and that is where the enjoyment comes into play. Here's a fair warning that you will be tempted to launch your controller across the room during some sequences in the game. My advice: Have patience...Woosahhhh!!! and try again, then again...and again Furthermore, the online addition to maim enemies with another player compliments the entertainment and if you have a buddy that owns the game such as I, that alone significantly spikes the fun factor. The game as an entirety, whichever mode selected, tests your aptitude. So I suggest getting a good mix of combos and strategy before attempting the more difficult selections. Howbeit, the game is far from perfect which was to be expected. It seems that the same issues from the previous titles are recurrent in the latest one (camera angles, invisible walls, disobedient controls) and the campaign is too linear compared to it's precedent versions. Hence, the score being an 8 (although i would def give it an 8.5 if able). And those item junky players who are dependent on health and ki replenishers to get through the story, will be discontented to find that this ability has been completely discarded. It's a doubled sided sword that will appeal to those who like a challenge and despised by those who rely on such things to get by: especially during those ever so infamous boss fights Considering that my feeling was impartial, it didn't faze me either way. I say it makes the game that more extreme. Regardless, if you are a devotee of Tecmo's signature slasher, then the aforementioned persistent slip-ups will be nothing more than irrelevant. This game no doubt kicks some serious donkey and I will continue to go H.A.M. (hard as a mother) with it for a very long time. So now that I possess all 3 installments, I highly recommend giving Razor's Edge a buy and for $40, it is well worth the money. In my opinion it should trade price-tags with those previously highly anticipated $60 games that didn't even live up to its hype, *cough* "God of War Ascension". Hey, maybe if they hear enough outcries, Santa Monica will consider revamping that title too. Expand
  5. Jun 17, 2013
    Good game in Action and murder
    But the problem of continuous camera
    There are no developed very much in play
    Many weapons owners soldiers
    With the game Ninja! Shi never unreasonable
    The company's floundering in a new part!
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    Back only 3 months after the WiiU version that came itself 9 months later to correct the PS3/360 Ninja Gaiden 3, this PS3/360 Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge now comes to correct the fact that the aforementioned corrective version wasn't running on the right system.

I haven't played the original Ninja Gaiden 3 so I'll compare only to Ninja Gaiden Σ2 (NGΣ2). In terms of graphics, the game is
    still above average, particularly in character modeling. The visual effects in Razor's Edge are far more spectacular than in NGΣ2, first because there are many more of them, and secondly, thanks to return of the dismemberments and the rivers of blood that made the legend of the series. It's also faster, more fluent and ever better animated than before. I can't help being impressed despite some aliasing here and there, and my eyes enjoy every second of it.

Razor's Edge is based on the already excellent gameplay of NGΣ2. Rapid blocking/countering are once more the key to victory, as well as the Ultimate/Obliteration technique and the Izuna Drop. Numerous surprises were added to make it richer The Falcon Dive, the Blood Rage (basically a faster Ultimate technique) and the Steel on Bone (a mix between Ultimate and Oblteration technique). The gameplay never fails to entertain, all the more that several weapons plus Ayane, Momiji and Kasumi add different play styles. In any case, heated combat provides exhilarating sensations like games seldom do. There's really little to complain about in that department, but the camera does take weird angles time to time, so that you lose your character in the brawl.

The difficulty is the snag in Razor's Edge. I do understand that the whole point was to make it harder than Ninja Gaiden 3, but THAT is extremely brutal for anyone not who isn't familiar with the series. I miss the Acolyte mode of NGΣ2, which had a perfect balance between challenge and accessibility for newcomers. Instead of that Team Ninja has implemented a Hero mode. It doesn't correspond to an easy mode it's actually the normal mode with assisted gameplay, by which the game helps you block and dodge. As I am weak and wanted to unlock Kasumi ASAP, I threw my pride away and switched to that mode after losing 15 times against the T-Rex. By counting the number of assists, it turned out I would have died approximately 37 times during that fight my chances to beat that boss in normal mode were essentially zero. Let's point out that after more experimentation, the Hero made makes you evade 99,99% of attacks when your life is low... let me get this straight. NO! Replacing the player by an A.I is NOT a solution to poor difficulty settings. True, I later succeeded in beating the dinosaur with Momiji, and such a merciless fight did feel great. Overcoming the difficulty is part of the pleasure provided by Razor's Edge so I don't want to reject it entirely, but some bosses are hopeless.

It's really too bad because the story has been handled with care. The plot, while not outstanding, has some sense of grandeur and is definitely more interesting than NGΣ2's. The direction is convincing, characters arouse sympathy and the action is non-stop and varied at the same time. A story mode quite short (5-6h) but intense.

Had its normal mode been really normal, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge just would have become the perfect BTA. Its dream-like gameplay is endless delight, it's richer that any game in the field, and its stunning presentation as well as its charming heroines, directly make it one of the best in history.
  7. Apr 10, 2013
    Thank you Team Ninja finally you gave us fans a proper sequel! Dismemberment is back tons of weapons new characters and a difficulty that will make you toss your controller to the floor more then once!
    This is the game they should have released last year! And this is the game all fans of this series should pick up. Ryu is back baby and he`s looking sharper then ever!
  8. Jul 24, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden 1&2 so when the original version of this game released I was dumbfounded at how Tecmo could let Team Ninja kill the series off with a crap sequel. Luckily Razors Edge gives us what we expect in terms of difficulty, weapons, and characters. I found the controls to be a little simplistic for this series. It seems like Ryu is doing moves that you didn't intend him to do, and the combos happen way too easily. The graphics are beautiful, by far the best in the series, unfortunately the story is dumb as hell. Overall this is a hack n slash funfest that makes absolutely no sense and is ultimately unfulfilling. I like the game and I had a blast playing it but it does fall short overall. Team Ninja needs better leadership and better writers. Expand
  9. Jul 3, 2013
    I don't see too much difference from the 1st and 2nd NG titles: a not specially good story, tons of exigent combats, blood and some weapons, collectibles and skills to improve.
    I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm quite happy with it!
  10. Apr 14, 2013
    This is game,that you don't get to enjoy,this is game you get to struggle even on the lowets difficulty,the game is too difficult for the ordinary gamer,this game is made for ppl who like to struggle,is not for humans am saying that in a bad way,you c an't enjoy the game you get focused on dodging all the time,even the lowest difficulty feels like hardcore,ok graphics and everything else is great,but the AI is fuked,i'll like the game if they add a an actual easy diufficulty,i can't beat even one ninja trial,my hands hurt after playing this game.Sorry,but i wasted good money on this game.I'll get back if they add a easy difficulty,,don't get me wrong here,i don't wana dominate my games,i don't wana get pwned all the time by the npc,that's this games never get top lvl,most ppl like to enjoy theyre games,not struggle,games like that never get good score and will never get good score,please make this game enjoyable. Expand
  11. Apr 8, 2013
    This is surely an improvement from the last one. Good graphics and fighting moves. I was especially surprised when they put Kasumi in the game. The story was not great and felt it was quite boring but that was not a huge issue.
  12. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is very challenging which is good and it is also staying true to the previous PS3 ninja gaidens.
    Online clan battles has it's flaws, so I'll give it 9.
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    Good game good graphics, but a little hard for players that don't think outside of the box. I found it to be a little difficult, but not too much. Also there aren't enough weapons and skins to unlock during the game. The multiplayer is a little tough. Then they also took away the gore like the missing limbs that made sense in the last game.
  14. Jun 1, 2013
    This game is brutal, violent, gore, insane, bloody-mess, ruthless, unforgiving... splattered body parts everywhere! It is what a hack-n-slash game should be...
  15. Apr 16, 2014
    This game is great! Though it was extremely difficult. At first I was killed by low level thugs, had difficulty with those low level bosses but when I got the hang of it, I suddenly find this game to be extremely thrilling. And as I played this through on the normal difficulty, I can say that casual gamers, like those who play god of war or any other game where you slash and just win, will not like this game.

Graphics is good.
    Story : Good
    sound : Didn't actually pay attention to that
    Difficulty : Hero = Hard and Normal = Hell and all others is Mindblowing

All in all, an enjoyable game which does not let you off easily

1. Switching to a different character named Ayane from time to time does not mend the game's repetitive nature. Ninja Gaiden3: Razor's Edge is about slaughtering hordes of different coloured ninja and very, very little else. [May 2013, p.86]
  2. May 27, 2013
    It's challenging, brutal and rewarding, so self-professed hardcore gamers should be all over this noise. [Issue#231, p.84]
  3. More characteristic of the franchise. [June 2013, p.101]