7.2

1. May 19, 2013
    much better than NG3 which I've thought was horrid
    this one is much closer to previous titles which is a plus for a sequel.
    The controls are smooth some nice easy to perform combos and a battle system that is easy but tough to master.
    The bad the quick times without button indication, ranged combat and cheap AI spam of unblockable moves.

Overall a good game.
  2. Jun 17, 2013
    Good game in Action and murder
    But the problem of continuous camera
    There are no developed very much in play
    Many weapons owners soldiers
    With the game Ninja! Shi never unreasonable
    The company's floundering in a new part!
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden 1&2 so when the original version of this game released I was dumbfounded at how Tecmo could let Team Ninja kill the series off with a crap sequel. Luckily Razors Edge gives us what we expect in terms of difficulty, weapons, and characters. I found the controls to be a little simplistic for this series. It seems like Ryu is doing moves that you didn't intendI am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden 1&2 so when the original version of this game released I was dumbfounded at how Tecmo could let Team Ninja kill the series off with a crap sequel. Luckily Razors Edge gives us what we expect in terms of difficulty, weapons, and characters. I found the controls to be a little simplistic for this series. It seems like Ryu is doing moves that you didn't intend him to do, and the combos happen way too easily. The graphics are beautiful, by far the best in the series, unfortunately the story is dumb as hell. Overall this is a hack n slash funfest that makes absolutely no sense and is ultimately unfulfilling. I like the game and I had a blast playing it but it does fall short overall. Team Ninja needs better leadership and better writers. Expand
  4. Jul 3, 2013
    I don't see too much difference from the 1st and 2nd NG titles: a not specially good story, tons of exigent combats, blood and some weapons, collectibles and skills to improve.
    I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm quite happy with it!
  5. Apr 8, 2013
    This is surely an improvement from the last one. Good graphics and fighting moves. I was especially surprised when they put Kasumi in the game. The story was not great and felt it was quite boring but that was not a huge issue.
  6. Apr 25, 2013
    Good game good graphics, but a little hard for players that don't think outside of the box. I found it to be a little difficult, but not too much. Also there aren't enough weapons and skins to unlock during the game. The multiplayer is a little tough. Then they also took away the gore like the missing limbs that made sense in the last game.
  7. Feb 19, 2017
    Geez, The Health System:
    Geez, The Health System:
    The amount of cheapness in this game is REDICULOUS! I loved Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 and the Sigma remakes, but this one did the health system ALL wrong. Basically, during fights, your health bar would get permanently decreased until you reach a savepoint, where it refills, but some savepoints would be way before a boss fight, so taking damage from the minor enemies beforehand would leave you with maybe half a bar to do the boss battle with.......and no way to refill it unless you're willing to restart in the level. Not to mention some bosses could be up to 3 bosses at a time or 4 different forms in one boss battle. With a cheapened health bar, this makes for a very unfair advantage. The formula was already there with the first 2 in the health system, why screw this one up. And I can understand wanting to take risks and try something creative *cough* Yaiba *cough* *cough*, but this wasn't the one to do it. Having never played the original Ninja Gaiden 3, I can't speak to all of it's flaws, but I can say for a certainty, this is the cheapest and most frustrating (in not a good way) release.

Difficulty:
    From what I've read, the original NG3 was too easy. I can safely say that's not the case with this one. However, the difficulty for this version is not in the same way as that of the previous two games. They basically just keep throwing enemies at you over and over again until it starts to wear on your psyche. However, developing a certain rhythm happens over time as you keep fighting with a particular weapon, and once it's developed, it will make most of these situations a breeze, it's just annoying at how one can keep chopping away only to have 2 more spawn in 1 enemies place. This "difficulty" isn't a satisfying take on the series, it's just tiring, so much so, that once you get to the boss, you may have to put the game down for awhile (only if a savepoint was nearby) just so you can regather the motivation to beat the boss. Comparing this to the original two games is different in the sense that the originals had challenging enemies that could be understood with time and defeated with skill. There's a certain cheapness that exists here where button mashing will definitely get the job done, and efficiently so once you get that rhythm down, in other words, I didn't bother to learn any of the actual moves in the game and I was still able to beat it, (only performed the Izuna drop once for crying out loud).

Story:
    Throw away.

Graphics:
    What you'd expect

Presentation:
    CAN I GET BUTTON PROMPTS FOR QUICKTIME EVENTS!?!?!?!! GEEZ
  8. Nov 5, 2016
    I'm not a fan of Ninja Gaiden games but I have played One & two on PS3 & there were awesome but I didn't get to complete them, so now we have this game the updated version that's suppose to work & feel better Well why does the game feel like absolute Wank. The develops changed something about the game I don't no what it is but something feels wrong, the game feel cheap in some places likeI'm not a fan of Ninja Gaiden games but I have played One & two on PS3 & there were awesome but I didn't get to complete them, so now we have this game the updated version that's suppose to work & feel better Well why does the game feel like absolute Wank. The develops changed something about the game I don't no what it is but something feels wrong, the game feel cheap in some places like the enemy's or Boss's I know this is a hard game but I never had these problems with the other games so what happend here it does not even feel updated Expand

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Aug 25, 2013
    Switching to a different character named Ayane from time to time does not mend the game's repetitive nature. Ninja Gaiden3: Razor's Edge is about slaughtering hordes of different coloured ninja and very, very little else. [May 2013, p.86]
  2. Play UK
    May 27, 2013
    It's challenging, brutal and rewarding, so self-professed hardcore gamers should be all over this noise. [Issue#231, p.84]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK