7.3

1. May 19, 2013
    much better than NG3 which I've thought was horrid
    this one is much closer to previous titles which is a plus for a sequel.
    The controls are smooth some nice easy to perform combos and a battle system that is easy but tough to master.
    The bad the quick times without button indication, ranged combat and cheap AI spam of unblockable moves.

Overall a good game.
  2. Jun 17, 2013
    Good game in Action and murder
    But the problem of continuous camera
    There are no developed very much in play
    Many weapons owners soldiers
    With the game Ninja! Shi never unreasonable
    The company's floundering in a new part!
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden 1&2 so when the original version of this game released I was dumbfounded at how Tecmo could let Team Ninja kill the series off with a crap sequel. Luckily Razors Edge gives us what we expect in terms of difficulty, weapons, and characters. I found the controls to be a little simplistic for this series. It seems like Ryu is doing moves that you didn't intendI am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden 1&2 so when the original version of this game released I was dumbfounded at how Tecmo could let Team Ninja kill the series off with a crap sequel. Luckily Razors Edge gives us what we expect in terms of difficulty, weapons, and characters. I found the controls to be a little simplistic for this series. It seems like Ryu is doing moves that you didn't intend him to do, and the combos happen way too easily. The graphics are beautiful, by far the best in the series, unfortunately the story is dumb as hell. Overall this is a hack n slash funfest that makes absolutely no sense and is ultimately unfulfilling. I like the game and I had a blast playing it but it does fall short overall. Team Ninja needs better leadership and better writers. Expand
  4. Jul 3, 2013
    I don't see too much difference from the 1st and 2nd NG titles: a not specially good story, tons of exigent combats, blood and some weapons, collectibles and skills to improve.
    I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm quite happy with it!
  5. Apr 8, 2013
    This is surely an improvement from the last one. Good graphics and fighting moves. I was especially surprised when they put Kasumi in the game. The story was not great and felt it was quite boring but that was not a huge issue.
  6. Apr 25, 2013
    Good game good graphics, but a little hard for players that don't think outside of the box. I found it to be a little difficult, but not too much. Also there aren't enough weapons and skins to unlock during the game. The multiplayer is a little tough. Then they also took away the gore like the missing limbs that made sense in the last game.
  7. Apr 14, 2013
    I will have to admit, that I am thoroughly impressed with the game. Compared to part 3's initial release, this game has surpassed and corrected those flaws that hindered the previous title becoming what it should have been. I am a HUGE Ninja Gaiden fan, as I bought the original xbox specifically for that game, along with the 360 for its 2nd installment. Neither one of the 2 sequels willI will have to admit, that I am thoroughly impressed with the game. Compared to part 3's initial release, this game has surpassed and corrected those flaws that hindered the previous title becoming what it should have been. I am a HUGE Ninja Gaiden fan, as I bought the original xbox specifically for that game, along with the 360 for its 2nd installment. Neither one of the 2 sequels will equal the first as it is truly a classic due that the difficulty was punishingly brutal. NG 2 expanded itself by adding finishers and increased depth and speed in combat which I f*cking loved. Part 3's re-release was everything I expected and I am very pleased with the outcome. I played the original version as a demo, and I will say although I was a tad bit satisfied, I was extremely disappointed. To clarify, I've waited 4 years specifically for third installment and was ultimately bummed to see they omitted the mechanics which made the predecessor phenomenal. However, this re-release more than proved my presumptions by tweaking the combat, gore, and difficulty, and by far it delivers the most intense combat compared to the other 2 titles. The narrative is fairly short, so it didn't take long for me to finish the game. I must stress that in no sense did this game seem repetitive to me. The scarab hunt along with the battle-royale challenges found while progressing through the story keeps the adventure rewarding. The combination of 2 other modes along 3 other playable characters retains the replay value substantial. The handful of weapons you acquire all seen in the earlier installments) each come with unique combos and finishers in regards to the type of foe you are fighting. This alone shows that effort was made toward redemption for its previous failure. It seems Team Ninja took heed of we the fans' out roar The game takes quite of bit of skill to play which is what NG is known for, and that is where the enjoyment comes into play. Here's a fair warning that you will be tempted to launch your controller across the room during some sequences in the game. My advice: Have patience...Woosahhhh!!! and try again, then again...and again Furthermore, the online addition to maim enemies with another player compliments the entertainment and if you have a buddy that owns the game such as I, that alone significantly spikes the fun factor. The game as an entirety, whichever mode selected, tests your aptitude. So I suggest getting a good mix of combos and strategy before attempting the more difficult selections. Howbeit, the game is far from perfect which was to be expected. It seems that the same issues from the previous titles are recurrent in the latest one (camera angles, invisible walls, disobedient controls) and the campaign is too linear compared to it's precedent versions. Hence, the score being an 8 (although i would def give it an 8.5 if able). And those item junky players who are dependent on health and ki replenishers to get through the story, will be discontented to find that this ability has been completely discarded. It's a doubled sided sword that will appeal to those who like a challenge and despised by those who rely on such things to get by: especially during those ever so infamous boss fights Considering that my feeling was impartial, it didn't faze me either way. I say it makes the game that more extreme. Regardless, if you are a devotee of Tecmo's signature slasher, then the aforementioned persistent slip-ups will be nothing more than irrelevant. This game no doubt kicks some serious donkey and I will continue to go H.A.M. (hard as a mother) with it for a very long time. So now that I possess all 3 installments, I highly recommend giving Razor's Edge a buy and for $40, it is well worth the money. In my opinion it should trade price-tags with those previously highly anticipated $60 games that didn't even live up to its hype, *cough* "God of War Ascension". Hey, maybe if they hear enough outcries, Santa Monica will consider revamping that title too. Collapse

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Aug 25, 2013
    Switching to a different character named Ayane from time to time does not mend the game's repetitive nature. Ninja Gaiden3: Razor's Edge is about slaughtering hordes of different coloured ninja and very, very little else. [May 2013, p.86]
  2. Play UK
    May 27, 2013
    It's challenging, brutal and rewarding, so self-professed hardcore gamers should be all over this noise. [Issue#231, p.84]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK