7.2

1. Apr 4, 2013
    Team Ninja still have soul since Itagaki leave, & yes this games is look amazing with great graphic, new story, new char playable, if you fans ninja gaiden don't miss it
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    Maybe this game is not better than ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden 2 but I am glad that team ninja yave corrected the errors in ninja gaiden 3
  3. Apr 10, 2013
    Thank you Team Ninja finally you gave us fans a proper sequel! Dismemberment is back tons of weapons new characters and a difficulty that will make you toss your controller to the floor more then once!
    This is the game they should have released last year! And this is the game all fans of this series should pick up. Ryu is back baby and he`s looking sharper then ever!
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    Back only 3 months after the WiiU version that came itself 9 months later to correct the PS3/360 Ninja Gaiden 3, this PS3/360 Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge now comes to correct the fact that the aforementioned corrective version wasn't running on the right system.

I haven't played the original Ninja Gaiden 3 so I'll compare only to Ninja Gaiden Σ2 (NGΣ2). In terms of graphics, the game is still above average, particularly in character modeling. The visual effects in Razor's Edge are far more spectacular than in NGΣ2, first because there are many more of them, and secondly, thanks to return of the dismemberments and the rivers of blood that made the legend of the series. It's also faster, more fluent and ever better animated than before. I can't help being impressed despite some aliasing here and there, and my eyes enjoy every second of it.

Razor's Edge is based on the already excellent gameplay of NGΣ2. Rapid blocking/countering are once more the key to victory, as well as the Ultimate/Obliteration technique and the Izuna Drop. Numerous surprises were added to make it richer The Falcon Dive, the Blood Rage (basically a faster Ultimate technique) and the Steel on Bone (a mix between Ultimate and Oblteration technique). The gameplay never fails to entertain, all the more that several weapons plus Ayane, Momiji and Kasumi add different play styles. In any case, heated combat provides exhilarating sensations like games seldom do. There's really little to complain about in that department, but the camera does take weird angles time to time, so that you lose your character in the brawl.

The difficulty is the snag in Razor's Edge. I do understand that the whole point was to make it harder than Ninja Gaiden 3, but THAT is extremely brutal for anyone not who isn't familiar with the series. I miss the Acolyte mode of NGΣ2, which had a perfect balance between challenge and accessibility for newcomers. Instead of that Team Ninja has implemented a Hero mode. It doesn't correspond to an easy mode it's actually the normal mode with assisted gameplay, by which the game helps you block and dodge. As I am weak and wanted to unlock Kasumi ASAP, I threw my pride away and switched to that mode after losing 15 times against the T-Rex. By counting the number of assists, it turned out I would have died approximately 37 times during that fight my chances to beat that boss in normal mode were essentially zero. Let's point out that after more experimentation, the Hero made makes you evade 99,99% of attacks when your life is low... let me get this straight. NO! Replacing the player by an A.I is NOT a solution to poor difficulty settings. True, I later succeeded in beating the dinosaur with Momiji, and such a merciless fight did feel great. Overcoming the difficulty is part of the pleasure provided by Razor's Edge so I don't want to reject it entirely, but some bosses are hopeless.

It's really too bad because the story has been handled with care. The plot, while not outstanding, has some sense of grandeur and is definitely more interesting than NGΣ2's. The direction is convincing, characters arouse sympathy and the action is non-stop and varied at the same time. A story mode quite short (5-6h) but intense.

Had its normal mode been really normal, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge just would have become the perfect BTA. Its dream-like gameplay is endless delight, it's richer that any game in the field, and its stunning presentation as well as its charming heroines, directly make it one of the best in history.
  5. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is very challenging which is good and it is also staying true to the previous PS3 ninja gaidens.
    Online clan battles has it's flaws, so I'll give it 9.
  6. Jun 1, 2013
    This game is brutal, violent, gore, insane, bloody-mess, ruthless, unforgiving... splattered body parts everywhere! It is what a hack-n-slash game should be...
  7. Apr 16, 2014
    This game is great! Though it was extremely difficult. At first I was killed by low level thugs, had difficulty with those low level bosses but when I got the hang of it, I suddenly find this game to be extremely thrilling. And as I played this through on the normal difficulty, I can say that casual gamers, like those who play god of war or any other game where you slash and just win, willThis game is great! Though it was extremely difficult. At first I was killed by low level thugs, had difficulty with those low level bosses but when I got the hang of it, I suddenly find this game to be extremely thrilling. And as I played this through on the normal difficulty, I can say that casual gamers, like those who play god of war or any other game where you slash and just win, will not like this game.

Graphics is good.
    Story : Good
    sound : Didn't actually pay attention to that
    Difficulty : Hero = Hard and Normal = Hell and all others is Mindblowing

All in all, an enjoyable game which does not let you off easily

1. Switching to a different character named Ayane from time to time does not mend the game's repetitive nature. Ninja Gaiden3: Razor's Edge is about slaughtering hordes of different coloured ninja and very, very little else. [May 2013, p.86]
  2. May 27, 2013
    It's challenging, brutal and rewarding, so self-professed hardcore gamers should be all over this noise. [Issue#231, p.84]
  3. More characteristic of the franchise. [June 2013, p.101]