7.3

1. Jun 17, 2013
    Good game in Action and murder
    But the problem of continuous camera
    There are no developed very much in play
    Many weapons owners soldiers
    With the game Ninja! Shi never unreasonable
    The company's floundering in a new part!
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden 1&2 so when the original version of this game released I was dumbfounded at how Tecmo could let Team Ninja kill the series off with a crap sequel. Luckily Razors Edge gives us what we expect in terms of difficulty, weapons, and characters. I found the controls to be a little simplistic for this series. It seems like Ryu is doing moves that you didn't intendI am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden 1&2 so when the original version of this game released I was dumbfounded at how Tecmo could let Team Ninja kill the series off with a crap sequel. Luckily Razors Edge gives us what we expect in terms of difficulty, weapons, and characters. I found the controls to be a little simplistic for this series. It seems like Ryu is doing moves that you didn't intend him to do, and the combos happen way too easily. The graphics are beautiful, by far the best in the series, unfortunately the story is dumb as hell. Overall this is a hack n slash funfest that makes absolutely no sense and is ultimately unfulfilling. I like the game and I had a blast playing it but it does fall short overall. Team Ninja needs better leadership and better writers. Expand
  3. May 19, 2013
    much better than NG3 which I've thought was horrid
    this one is much closer to previous titles which is a plus for a sequel.
    The controls are smooth some nice easy to perform combos and a battle system that is easy but tough to master.
    The bad the quick times without button indication, ranged combat and cheap AI spam of unblockable moves.

Overall a good game.
  4. Jul 3, 2013
    I don't see too much difference from the 1st and 2nd NG titles: a not specially good story, tons of exigent combats, blood and some weapons, collectibles and skills to improve.
    I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm quite happy with it!
  5. Apr 8, 2013
    This is surely an improvement from the last one. Good graphics and fighting moves. I was especially surprised when they put Kasumi in the game. The story was not great and felt it was quite boring but that was not a huge issue.
  6. Apr 25, 2013
    Good game good graphics, but a little hard for players that don't think outside of the box. I found it to be a little difficult, but not too much. Also there aren't enough weapons and skins to unlock during the game. The multiplayer is a little tough. Then they also took away the gore like the missing limbs that made sense in the last game.
  7. Feb 19, 2017
    Geez, The Health System:
    Geez, The Health System:
    The amount of cheapness in this game is REDICULOUS! I loved Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 and the Sigma remakes, but this one did the health system ALL wrong. Basically, during fights, your health bar would get permanently decreased until you reach a savepoint, where it refills, but some savepoints would be way before a boss fight, so taking damage from the minor enemies beforehand would leave you with maybe half a bar to do the boss battle with.......and no way to refill it unless you're willing to restart in the level. Not to mention some bosses could be up to 3 bosses at a time or 4 different forms in one boss battle. With a cheapened health bar, this makes for a very unfair advantage. The formula was already there with the first 2 in the health system, why screw this one up. And I can understand wanting to take risks and try something creative *cough* Yaiba *cough* *cough*, but this wasn't the one to do it. Having never played the original Ninja Gaiden 3, I can't speak to all of it's flaws, but I can say for a certainty, this is the cheapest and most frustrating (in not a good way) release.

Difficulty:
    From what I've read, the original NG3 was too easy. I can safely say that's not the case with this one. However, the difficulty for this version is not in the same way as that of the previous two games. They basically just keep throwing enemies at you over and over again until it starts to wear on your psyche. However, developing a certain rhythm happens over time as you keep fighting with a particular weapon, and once it's developed, it will make most of these situations a breeze, it's just annoying at how one can keep chopping away only to have 2 more spawn in 1 enemies place. This "difficulty" isn't a satisfying take on the series, it's just tiring, so much so, that once you get to the boss, you may have to put the game down for awhile (only if a savepoint was nearby) just so you can regather the motivation to beat the boss. Comparing this to the original two games is different in the sense that the originals had challenging enemies that could be understood with time and defeated with skill. There's a certain cheapness that exists here where button mashing will definitely get the job done, and efficiently so once you get that rhythm down, in other words, I didn't bother to learn any of the actual moves in the game and I was still able to beat it, (only performed the Izuna drop once for crying out loud).

Story:
    Throw away.

Graphics:
    What you'd expect

Presentation:
    CAN I GET BUTTON PROMPTS FOR QUICKTIME EVENTS!?!?!?!! GEEZ
  8. Jan 2, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ninja Gaiden is considere'd as one of challenging hack & Slash ever exist for decades.its kinda sad that Ninja Gaiden turn into slow and bad looking game.

- Story
    The story is not so good but its not bad aswell.the voiceacting is slighty good if not bad.the bad guy turn to be a good guy and the good guy on your side become the bad guy and that bad guy that turn into a good guy is turning into a bad guy near end.its kinda crazy and laughable.it doesn't make any sense.really..

- Characters
    Character's specially the models where somewhat good and better compare to the previous Ninja Gaiden.ofcourse its a straight recycle from Dead Or Alive.so expect a fan service on this game.

- Mechanics
    so this is it.this is my biggest complain on this game.while Ninja Gaiden 2 is kind of similar of what Devil May Cry is.NG3 has a new system and its frustrating.i didn't understand why you needed to upgrade your health bars if your HP drain's to the very lowest once you recieve a massively damage from the enemie's.thats that your HP will return to basic unless you'll reach a save spot.its stupid also the camera is clumsy and its ruined the entire experience.swordplay is addictive but bore's you quickly.the game suppose to be Gory and intense and some kind of God of war.but somehow it didn't deliver.and not to mention. WTF is this auto guarding?its cheap and crazy.

- Final Verdict
    Ninja Gaiden should be rewrite and fix the entire mechanic's.it should stay like the Devil May Cry or even God of War.this game is Abysmal.i would recommend playing the Ninja Gaiden 2 over this but if you're searching a badass Ninja game?you should Try Metal Gear Revengeance.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Aug 25, 2013
    Switching to a different character named Ayane from time to time does not mend the game's repetitive nature. Ninja Gaiden3: Razor's Edge is about slaughtering hordes of different coloured ninja and very, very little else. [May 2013, p.86]
  2. Play UK
    May 27, 2013
    It's challenging, brutal and rewarding, so self-professed hardcore gamers should be all over this noise. [Issue#231, p.84]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK