Noby Noby Boy PlayStation 3

7.1

1. AnonymousMC
    Mar 1, 2009
    Surprisingly addictive for a game with so little structure, but that's part of it's charm. Instead of leading you around on a leash, you can choose to do whatever you want in a small but wacky world with a lot going on. I felt I got well over $5 worth of entertainment several times over, and my only real complaint(s) are the small size of areas and the motion controlled camera.
  2. PratS
    Feb 27, 2009
    A delightful little sandbox toy of a game. When i found Katamari Damacy's Prince prancing about. I promptly ate him and pooped him off the edge of the map. That story alone is a testament to how bizarre and shamelessly hilarious this game could be. The environment is amazingly lush with activity with much of it reacting to your presence, which then makes for humorous antics. My only A delightful little sandbox toy of a game. When i found Katamari Damacy's Prince prancing about. I promptly ate him and pooped him off the edge of the map. That story alone is a testament to how bizarre and shamelessly hilarious this game could be. The environment is amazingly lush with activity with much of it reacting to your presence, which then makes for humorous antics. My only disappointment would be the faulty and very much so temperamental camera. Despite its lack of a unifying plot, the $5 price tag makes up for any shortfall. It's worth buying for the experience. Expand
  3. AdrianW
    Feb 24, 2009
    This is the sort of game that doesn't really fit anywhere on a review scale. Some people may find something truly compelling and entertaining about this title. It's extremely simple at it's core, offering strangely addictive physics based mechanics and the prospect of new planets for those willing to contribute to GIRL's growth. I gave it an 8 even though it would be This is the sort of game that doesn't really fit anywhere on a review scale. Some people may find something truly compelling and entertaining about this title. It's extremely simple at it's core, offering strangely addictive physics based mechanics and the prospect of new planets for those willing to contribute to GIRL's growth. I gave it an 8 even though it would be better without a score at all because it's $5, quite fun, and well worth the purchase if you are into quirky and simplistic games. Definitely a must try for fans of Katamari Damacy. Expand
  4. MarkS
    Feb 20, 2009
    I've been following this game for quite a while, so it was a first day buy for me. Totally strange and fun all at once. Takes a little bit of time to accept that there is no point and just have fun with it, but as I got more comfortable with it the more I loved it. Easily the best 5 bucks you can spend on PSN.

1. By some combination of cunning and magic, it makes you a child again. It helps you rediscover the bottomless fascination and joy you had in discovering the properties of string, or sand, or animals, or Newtonian physics for the very first time. It makes you free to play, and happy to make your own entertainment, for hours on end.
  2. It’s not a game, it’s a toy, and it’s one that will only work long term if people keep stretching. It’s a wicked idea, though, and is priced at that impulse-buy level so hopefully enough of you will take the chance with Noby Noby Boy and see what all the fuss is about.
    One of the most soothing, effortlessly playable things you've ever likely had the pleasure to experience. It's a surreal and simple sandbox with no hidden subtleties or complex underlying system of progress and reward, no contrived meaning. It's appeal purely lies with its gentle, happy-go-lucky lunacy, and that's what makes it so bafflingly absorbing.