8.2

1. Dec 29, 2011
    I have just recieved the platinum trophy for the game, and i can say that at no point did it feel like a chore to have to play through it twice. I felt like there could have been more pre-rendered cutscenes as these have always been a highlight of the Oddworld series. Also if you have played older Oddworld games you should receive a few nostalgic hits here and there. I did have a problemI have just recieved the platinum trophy for the game, and i can say that at no point did it feel like a chore to have to play through it twice. I felt like there could have been more pre-rendered cutscenes as these have always been a highlight of the Oddworld series. Also if you have played older Oddworld games you should receive a few nostalgic hits here and there. I did have a problem with the sound though, it felt like some of the voices were being cut off too early and a lack of sound effects in a few areas, but as i got into the game these moments slipped passed me as i was engaged in the experience. The change in gameplay and story near the end was the cherry on the cake for me, along with listening to what the Clakkerz had to say and the funny dialogue from the Grubbs. Even though it did not have that gloomy feel of the first two oddworld games, it was something different and revealed a new part of Oddworld that will always have a place in my heart, and a place on my list of gaming greats. Expand
  2. Dec 31, 2011
    A game for last Gen that puts some of this Gen games to shame! A game that was just as great when I played in on Xbox, is still all I remember on the PS3! I highly recommend this game, if you enjoy platformers! There are some standard platforming issues that still plague it, such as camera issues that you tend to see in all platforming games, but should not keep you from buying thisA game for last Gen that puts some of this Gen games to shame! A game that was just as great when I played in on Xbox, is still all I remember on the PS3! I highly recommend this game, if you enjoy platformers! There are some standard platforming issues that still plague it, such as camera issues that you tend to see in all platforming games, but should not keep you from buying this game and don't get in the way of the enjoyment of the game.
    The weapons are fun and quirky, using live critters as ammo. The graphics hold up very well on the PS3 and in fact make some of this Gen games look poor!
    If you didn't own a 360 or missed it when it came out, or just want to enjoy it again, then don't pass this one up. It is rare to find a PSN game worth its full price but this one is!
    This is a Don't Miss!
  3. Dec 2, 2012
    I can't say i'm a fan of HD remakes, but this one is an exception, i'm glad they remade this for PS3, this game is one of the best i have ever played, it's beautiful even though it's a last-gen game, gameplay is fluid aswell, it's perfect.
  4. Dec 28, 2011
    I haven't gotten around to finishing "Strangers Wrath" yet, but it is defiantly one of my favourite FPSes. It was different from the other games and I liked that. I thought it was clever having to use critters as ammunition.
    Great game, loving it so far. I cant wait to see what Oddworld pulls out of its box of wonders
    Oh and just a tip oddworld, if you were to remake Abes oddysee in HD,
    Oh and just a tip oddworld, if you were to remake Abes oddysee in HD, that would be cool.
  5. Dec 28, 2011
    An amazing game which just sadly got lost in other releases and platform exclusivity the first time around. Thankfully Just Add Water have come along to bring this amazing game into HD! its still got all the old charm but now looks so much better! defiantly worth buying
  6. Dec 28, 2011
    This is one of the best games from the best game developers ever, Strangers Wrath HD is amazing and takes refurbishing a game to a whole new level, game is smooth, graphics are crisp and is filled with all the original Oddworld atmosphere, story and character design is %100 amazing, a must buy game!
  7. Dec 28, 2011
    Remember that unpopular girl in highschool that was kinda cute, but just a little weird. You were still nice to her. Now imagine its like 5 years later, she came back to town or you ran into her randomly some where, and she's super hot. Well being nice to her paid off because you have an in. Now you get to bang her.
    That's what Stranger's Wrath HD is like. It was a good game back in the
    That's what Stranger's Wrath HD is like. It was a good game back in the day. Now it's a good game that's super sexy. In the first 2 minutes of the game there's a cut scene that opens over this river valley, and is truly a work of art that makes you hungry for the rest of not only the game, but the astonishing cut scenes throughout the game.
  8. Dec 28, 2011
    Creative and wild narrative universe. Engaging first-person/third-person gameplay along with fast traversal and tight shooting mechanics. Not only a great game but a great message that communicates themes of environmentalism and the dangers of privatization of natural resources better than many novels and films do. A genuine classic of the medium. We are blessed that Just Add Water wasCreative and wild narrative universe. Engaging first-person/third-person gameplay along with fast traversal and tight shooting mechanics. Not only a great game but a great message that communicates themes of environmentalism and the dangers of privatization of natural resources better than many novels and films do. A genuine classic of the medium. We are blessed that Just Add Water was able to bring this gem to a new generation in a better than ever form. Expand
  9. Dec 28, 2011
    Excellent game back in the day and with a cheap price and shiny new graphics now is the time to play your new favorite game. I'm loving it all over again, after so long I'd forgotten just how cool the switch from third person action to FPS is. Its about time we had more games from oddworld!
  10. Jan 4, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the 82 average critic rating - this game deserves the 10 I'm giving it. If you played the original Stranger's Wrath and loved it, you're in for a real treat with this HD remake. Running 60 frames per second and with HD graphics like this, the colours shine and the character models are beautiful. Stranger himself looks especially impressive. The shooting feels asDon't be fooled by the 82 average critic rating - this game deserves the 10 I'm giving it. If you played the original Stranger's Wrath and loved it, you're in for a real treat with this HD remake. Running 60 frames per second and with HD graphics like this, the colours shine and the character models are beautiful. Stranger himself looks especially impressive. The shooting feels as responsive and smooth as ever, with almost no distractions. This is a gamer's game - it's challenging at times and it's quite a long game, too. If I remember correctly, the original clocked in at around 12-15 hours when I played it first time through. I'm I'm 4 or 5 hours into this remake and I felt the need to tell any doubters that they absolutely need to play this. P.S. Running on 4 legs is still SO cool. Expand
  11. Dec 28, 2011
    One of the best game's of the year this game is a beautiful remake of an amazing game this game has an amazing story about a bounty hunter called only by the name stranger who embarks on a journey to get enough moolah to get an expensive operation that might cost him his life in the proses you will be amazed by the detail and gameplay of this classic xbox game remastered on ps3 with lotsOne of the best game's of the year this game is a beautiful remake of an amazing game this game has an amazing story about a bounty hunter called only by the name stranger who embarks on a journey to get enough moolah to get an expensive operation that might cost him his life in the proses you will be amazed by the detail and gameplay of this classic xbox game remastered on ps3 with lots of Easter eggs,live ammo,and funny characters this game will have you playing it over and over again. Expand
  12. Dec 28, 2011
    This is such an amazing game, the over all atmosphere and feel of the environment and characters is so unique. The gameplay includes switching between first person and third person, which really works. The characters and surroundings all have gorgeous, detailed textures, and honestly this game could easily pass as a PlayStation 3 game and not just an old Xbox remake. It's a real gem andThis is such an amazing game, the over all atmosphere and feel of the environment and characters is so unique. The gameplay includes switching between first person and third person, which really works. The characters and surroundings all have gorgeous, detailed textures, and honestly this game could easily pass as a PlayStation 3 game and not just an old Xbox remake. It's a real gem and you'll want to complete this game more than once in case you missed anything the first time around. Expand
  13. Jan 9, 2012
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD é um jogo excelente.O trabalho de remasterização da versão de Xbox para PS3 foi ótima com um visual muito bem feito e chamativo por sinal.A jogabilidade ficou ótima também mais bem sensível para falar a verdade mais ainda funciona bem.
  14. Feb 8, 2012
    Great game, and a great port, even though the game already ran at 480p @ 60fps with in game Dolby Digital on the original Xbox, it's stil great to see this masterpiece shine once again on the Ps3. I only played a short piece of the game on my original Xbox so, when i saw this in the Ps store, it was a great opportunity for me to finally play this game from start to finish and give it theGreat game, and a great port, even though the game already ran at 480p @ 60fps with in game Dolby Digital on the original Xbox, it's stil great to see this masterpiece shine once again on the Ps3. I only played a short piece of the game on my original Xbox so, when i saw this in the Ps store, it was a great opportunity for me to finally play this game from start to finish and give it the respect it deserves ! Great game, lots of variety, great sounds, and Stranger is so damn funny at times ! :-) ...(Gotta...Capture.. Yo momma) Hilarious !! Expand
  15. Dec 30, 2011
    Brilliant game, Awesome gameplay, cool world and storyline. The HD upgrade looks great too! I remember buying this on the original xbox back some years ago and loving it! The addition of trophies and unlockables plus the new graphics is worth the purchase of 15 bucks. This game was very underrated and unheard of when it first released. So this may be the first introduction to the game forBrilliant game, Awesome gameplay, cool world and storyline. The HD upgrade looks great too! I remember buying this on the original xbox back some years ago and loving it! The addition of trophies and unlockables plus the new graphics is worth the purchase of 15 bucks. This game was very underrated and unheard of when it first released. So this may be the first introduction to the game for some people. But Great game! Expand
  16. Dec 2, 2012
    I'm not really a fan of HD remakes, but this one is an exception, i never really got a chance to play the first game since i didn't own an Xbox back then, i only had a PS2, so i'm glad this got re-released for PS3, this game is one of the best i have ever played, it's beautiful even though it's a last-gen game, gameplay is fluid aswell, it's perfect.
  17. May 31, 2012
    In my honest opinion, console gaming peaked in the days of the Playstation 2, Gamecube and Xbox; before trophies, achievements and incessant DLC removed the playful curiosity of exploring the limits of the complete package you had just handed over your money for. Up there with the greats such as Metroid Prime and Shadow of the Colossus stood Oddworld Stranger's Wrath; a truly unique gameIn my honest opinion, console gaming peaked in the days of the Playstation 2, Gamecube and Xbox; before trophies, achievements and incessant DLC removed the playful curiosity of exploring the limits of the complete package you had just handed over your money for. Up there with the greats such as Metroid Prime and Shadow of the Colossus stood Oddworld Stranger's Wrath; a truly unique game with abundant style, sincere story-telling and great gameplay. Here is a HD remaster that really befits the legacy this game should leave in it's wake; characters have been remodelled and enhanced, pushing the already great presentation legitimately into the standards of this generation. Nothing has been lost in this re-release; the game survives perfectly intact, and capturing live bounties presents a fantastic challenge 6 years on. I'll wrap this up; it's set in ODDWORLD, you play as an ANIMAL, and the game takes one of the most well-implemented twists I can think of. Gotsta bag yerself this critter. Expand
  18. Apr 5, 2012
    This game is the best game ever made. Controls are perfect bounty targets are challenging and the story is good. This is my favorite OddWorld game but the other ones are good too and the HD is really good.
  19. May 27, 2012
    Fantastic HD remake, cannot fault it at all. All PS3 players should give this a shot at least. With the previously announced 3DTV and Move update coming out the week after E3, there isn't much else that could improve this game, more than it already is!
  20. Sep 9, 2012
    A Perfect HD Remake sure its not as fantastic as Uncharted 3 but the graphics are really nice one of my favorite games of all time, A true classic Their is really nothing is can say that's wrong about this game
  21. Jan 19, 2014
    This game is my first step into the Oddworld series, and I have to say, it's made a damn well good impression on me. The gameplay is unique and addictive, the dialogue is hilarious at times and Stranger is a crossbow wielding badass. For a last-gen game, it surpasses quite a few of the current-gen games out today. The only bad thing about this game is at times, it can feel a bitThis game is my first step into the Oddworld series, and I have to say, it's made a damn well good impression on me. The gameplay is unique and addictive, the dialogue is hilarious at times and Stranger is a crossbow wielding badass. For a last-gen game, it surpasses quite a few of the current-gen games out today. The only bad thing about this game is at times, it can feel a bit repetitive, as you are constantly bounty hunting, and practically nothing else. But every bounty is original, and you'll almost never go to the same place twice for a bounty, keeping you on your feet when facing enemies. One thing I really liked about this game is what I've come to call the "Dead or Alive" system. You are able to bounty almost every enemy you come across in order to get Moolah (the game's currency), and you can do so with them either dead or alive. Dead is easier to do, as they no longer become a threat and you can steer clear of other enemies momentarily and bounty the body, knowing it won't get up and attack at any point (note that dead bodies do rot after about a minute, but you can usually bounty them by then), but you will get less Moolah for them. Capturing Alive is harder to do, and the stun time to capture a knocked-down enemy is about 7 seconds, so you have a much smaller time-frame to bounty them before they get up, but you will get more Moolah for them. This system is also in place for the main bounties.

Overall, epic game. I highly recommend you buy it if you are at all interested in FPS games.
  22. Feb 28, 2014
    This is a great game that kind of feels like a mix between Ratchet & Clank and Red Dead Redemption. It's fun and original with great graphics (for its time). However, some of the problems I had with the game were the repetitive voice acting and a few frustrating moments (like that part were you have to escape the exploding building). The boss battles were easily the most fun part of theThis is a great game that kind of feels like a mix between Ratchet & Clank and Red Dead Redemption. It's fun and original with great graphics (for its time). However, some of the problems I had with the game were the repetitive voice acting and a few frustrating moments (like that part were you have to escape the exploding building). The boss battles were easily the most fun part of the game. I usually dread the sight of a boss because they usually end up being more frustrating than enjoying. This game is also pretty long. Although it only took me 7 1/2 hours to beat the game, it feels much longer because 7 hours of it is all gameplay as oppose to most games now days were half of the game is all cutscenes. Expand

1. Oct 1, 2012
    When all is said and done Oddworld Stranger's Wrath is a great addition to a great series. Yes it has flaws and it is by no means perfect, but what it lacks in some technical areas it makes up for in charm and originality. You don't have to be an Oddworld expert or even have played any of the previous titles to enjoy Stranger's Wrath, but if you are in need of original design and atmosphere with some great humour thrown in then you may just want to check out everything Oddworld has to offer.
  2. Mar 17, 2012
    Despite showing its age, Stranger's Wrath HD is still a wholly original, refreshing title when compared to many modern offerings.
  3. Games Master UK
    Feb 15, 2012
    A welcome return for a shooter with a difference, and a fine visual overhaul to boot. [March 2012, p.100]