Of Orcs and Men PlayStation 3

6.4

1. Nov 22, 2012
    I'm probably one of the few people that enjoyed the Game Of Thrones RPG, although gameplay was repetative and boring in places, it told a great story. I think that this is the case in Or Orcs And Men too. I, personally, adore this game. Combat is fun, sophisticated, and hard. Gameplay and story are absolutely innovative. The one complaint I have is that levels are way to linear. You goI'm probably one of the few people that enjoyed the Game Of Thrones RPG, although gameplay was repetative and boring in places, it told a great story. I think that this is the case in Or Orcs And Men too. I, personally, adore this game. Combat is fun, sophisticated, and hard. Gameplay and story are absolutely innovative. The one complaint I have is that levels are way to linear. You go from point A to point B with the occasional second route. Other than that, flawless. Although now a game for anyone, I'd definetly pick it up if your someone who enjoys engrossing RPGs like me. Expand
  2. Mar 25, 2016
    Of Orcs and Men is one of those games that starts off a very fresh and appealing idea : let's see the point of view of the orcs against the humans. Unfortunately there is not much more to see in the game.

Technically the levels are empty, the graphics were out of date before the game was even released and there's some bugs in the game. The gameplay is , for the main part boring, the

The gameplay is , for the main part boring, the infiltration side is probably the fun one ,no wonder they just kept that for the next game of the franchise (Styx), even if very simplified, because the sword fights are simply boring. There was some good ideas like the berserk meter or the tactical view to choose your actions but the actual fighting is like watching a turtle's race.

Concerning the story it's clearly the selling point of the game and it does not disappoint even if it's not very long (12 hours to finish the game and all its optional objectives) we could also criticize some of the voice-overs, clearly a low budget title.

In conclusion like most of the games edited by Focus Home Interactive on this generation of consoles there is some very good ideas but it lacks on money or talent (maybe both ?) to make a truly enjoyable game, surely the day will come when they have a hit and join the others big editors on the market. Concerning Of Orcs and Men if you're a fantasy love, find it at a very low price and already played the dozen of RPG better than this one you can give it a try.
  3. May 12, 2015

1. Jun 10, 2014
    For players who'd be interested in a truly dark fantasy world and don't mind pushing through roughness to enjoy top-quality writing, worldbuilding and characterization, Of Orcs And Men is an overlooked gem waiting to be discovered.
  2. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Dec 4, 2012
    Of Orcs and Men is all about two greenskins whose mission it is to kill the human emperor to free the Orcs of slavery. An interesting set-up, considering these two greenskins are no sissies. The dynamic between them reminded us of Kane & Lynch. [December 2012, p.81]
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 29, 2012
    'An ambitious story' turned out to be a compilation of clich├ęs realized in a trivial way and dragged down by laughable combat, linearity and overall poor quality. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.73]