7.8

1. Dec 27, 2014
    Very repetitive and overall a pretty boring experience. The first One Piece game had puzzles, action and button react sequences mixed together into a very entertaining title. This one, however, is all about fighting. It's basicly "Dynasty Warriors" with a "One Piece" skin. Fight, conquer areas, fight some more, win. That's what you do the whole game. The game lasts for nine hours, which isVery repetitive and overall a pretty boring experience. The first One Piece game had puzzles, action and button react sequences mixed together into a very entertaining title. This one, however, is all about fighting. It's basicly "Dynasty Warriors" with a "One Piece" skin. Fight, conquer areas, fight some more, win. That's what you do the whole game. The game lasts for nine hours, which is very tedious with this kind of gameplay. The music is loud and annoying and there's not much reason for backtracking anything.

I finally managed to beat it yesterday and I was full of joy. Not because I had overcome a huge obstacle or beat the final boss, but because the game was finally over. I could now experience more fun games and keep reading the "One Piece" manga without being reminded of having to complete this game. I hope the next "Pirate Warriors" game will keep the puzzles and button sequences.

1. Oct 28, 2013
    Given the source material One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 is likely to be avoided by most as they have no connection already in place and the genre is ten-a-penny on the current generation of consoles. This would be a mistake. The story is lively and full of interesting characters even if it’s basic in its plotting and execution.
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    For One Piece fans and One Piece fans only.
  3. CD-Action
    Oct 16, 2013
    Omega Force keeps releasing the same game over and over again and some like it this way. But if you’re not a fan of the One Piece anime, I suggest picking up Dynasty Warriors 8 instead. [11/2013, p.86]