6.3

1. Sep 30, 2012
    El mejor juego o adaptación de una serie anime! The best anime game!
    Porque es sencillamente expectacular, muy fiel a al manga y a la serie, posee gráficos muy buenos, un gameplay genial, etc!
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    If you love the One Piece cartoon series then you will definitely love this game.

The graphics are spot on, being either very good or absolutely excellent (the fur on Chopper the reindeer for example). The game play is mostly either fighting legions of pirates or quick-time events. The quick-time events are done well (much better than many other games that use them) and their use makes
    sense. The fighting is enjoyable as there are plenty of techniques and characters, and the boss battles are memorable. The story follows the series very closely.

There is also an online option where you fight alongside other players against tons of computer controlled pirates, with the goal of securing all regions on the map. All the other usual features are there that you'd expect (like character profiles and other One Piece story info).
  3. Sep 26, 2012
    Being a full on One Piece fan, no matter what the game was going to be like , Pirate Warriors was going to be an instant purchase for me. Following Luffy's story up to the New World, the straw hat team go back in time to speak about their previous journeys. What also made the game so perfect was the fact that the game held its Japanese voice over with the original cast. However I would understand that not everyone enjoys reading subtitles but those who are into the one piece anime and manga then the cutscenes and dialogue are perfect. In addition the graphics at first did not sell, characters looked plastic as if the production cost for this game was not very high. However once I got into the game itself I was completely sold. It was as if the anime was given a next gen make over. Although once again there are some who may not like this art style and that too is understandable. Next the gameplay itself. Split into fighting and taking over territories, boss battles and quick time events, those who are familiar to the dynasty warriors games would feel at home playing this. Which comes to a major draw back to Pirate Warriors. As I was not fond of the Dynasty warriors series, I was worried how this game was to play out. Once I got into it It felt very familiar not I continued to enjoy it, not because of the actual gameplay which is at least satisfying as you use Luffy's gomu attacks and the straw hats iconic moves, but I realised I was enjoying this simply because it was One Piece. Those who do not watch one piece as well as not enjoying dynasty warriors will find little they would like in this game especially with the story being extremely shortened with arcs missing ( i did not mind these arcs as I never found them interesting e.g skypeia) and the development of the bonds with the characters is not present which is the main reason to why One Piece is so enjoyable, it is because I know these characters and finally I am playing as them.
    With the main log focused on Luffy, as well as the challenge mode and other side logs involving the other characters including a co - op online, Pirate Warriors would keep anyone especially one piece fans busy for a long time. I give this game a 9 as a bias opinion but for anyone who does not enjoy one piece and the dynasty warriors gameplay, I say save your money as Il give it as 6.5 in that circumstance as the game is not at all bad, but may not be enjoyable.
  4. Oct 4, 2012
    If you like One Piece, you will absolutely love this game! Action packed to the core, amazing graphics and fun to play with a friend! If not a fan... just an average hack and slash game without jump button and lots of Japanese guys shouting! :P
  5. Jan 8, 2013
    9/10 for coop gameplay, 7/10 without friends (main log (campaign).
    If you like One Piece or love Dynasty Warriors this is probably a must-have for you. If you don't like any of them you will probably think this game is boring as hell, cause it's kind of repetetive. It's like Dynasty Warriors but actually with a cool story mode in which you will get to play as Luffy for most of the time
    but in ca. 50% of the missions you will also play different characters from the One Piece anime/manga series and fight through lots of enemies, do pretty interesting boss battles and solve some platforming puzzles (in my opinion there are too many of these).
    There's also a challenge mode in which you have to.. well.. kill even more guys.

Best thing of the game is still, like in Dynasty Warriors, to grab a beer and slaughter hundreds of fighters and main characters from One Piece together with a friend. Like in DW there is not really a lot of violence.

Compared to DW it has less playable characters (10-12?) but the story mode and a better combo system make the game highly enjoyable.
  6. Nov 6, 2012
    I just want to affirm what many people have been saying -if you are a fan of the manga or anime of onepiece you will probably like this game enough to justify purchasing it. There are some portions of the game I could do without (i.e. luffy platforming) however, the animation, voice acting, cutscenes and story line make this a must have for any serious onepiece fan.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    A decent game for the target audience. Fans of the series might enjoy the Dynasty Warriors style gameplay and battles against hordes of enemies at once with character-typical skills and moves. As far as that goes, it's a fun game, but admittedly, the story transportation isn't up to par. Fans of the original story will be sad that many things are completely not featured as far as story arcs goes and the levels are mostly either "walk trough this set of rooms, you can't get lost" or "here's a puzzle and quicktime section to get past" with enemies and bosses placed throughout. Didn't really like the "half-open" map exploration and collection gameplay of Unlimited Cruise, but Pirate Warriors certainly wasn't the golden egg either. But it's combat is entertaining. With multiple different modes to play in, including an online 2-player co-op, there's at least some air in it. Also a good thing is, that they did not squander the franchise and actually made characters, attacks and locations -including original voice actors form the TV series- with a good recognition value that fans will probably enjoy seeing. Expand
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    I had a nice time watching One Piece anime. I can even call myself a fan, in some way.

I was waiting for this game just to play for my favourite characters.

Ok, Nice try KOEI. I thought that i saw worst. Crappy platforming mechanics, even crappier locations. This piece of rubbish could be a fail even on ps2. No I see that characters are made almost good. But there are hundres of ways
    to watch them (more then 560 to be clean).

It is not even funny. I can not belive that developers did not see that they are making crap. Such a great world, so much ways to make a great game (or maby only good).

This one is not bad, it is awfully dull, and dully awfull.
  9. Nov 19, 2012
    This has to be the worst game I have ever played on my ps3. It crashed my system, deleting all my other saves to games. The graphics are **** horse **** and the gameplay is even **** ****tier. I wish I could just take all of these games and destroy them it is so **** bad. **** THIS GAME, DON'T BUY
  10. Nov 19, 2012
    Another **** One Piece game reproduced. Playing this game made me feel so **** bad that I didn't change my underwear for a week after ****ting and pissing in them. I slept in my own damn **** and piss. This game is that bad. Terrible gameplay and terrible story along with a ****-ton of bugs and bad graphics. This also **** up my ps3 by deleting saves from other games.. really??
  11. uil
    Nov 20, 2012
    Extremely unbalanced and glitchy, maybe I got one of the first production copies but I don't know how anyone could like the game when it's hardly playable due to bugs.
  12. Sep 26, 2012

1. Nov 27, 2012
    There's something strangely uplifting here. [Issue#224, p.78]
  2. One Piece and Dynasty Warrior diehards will find plenty to love; anyone else will be bored after about two missions. [Holiday 2012, p.76]
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    If you're a One Piece fan or someone looking for something just a little different from your standard Dynasty Warriors title, One Piece: Pirate Warriors gets a heavy recommendation. Just keep in mind that "different" is the key word, for both better and worse. Your money buys a whole lot of content, so it won't be wasted. The Main Log, while mostly enjoyable, takes a bit of patience, but the other modes are worth the price of admission all by themselves.