6.5

1. RichardP
    Oct 8, 2009
    Real talk I am an infantry soildier and served my country USA baby and i got wounded in combat cant fight no more. by the way i loved it but this here makes me feel like im back on the line love it real gamers can enjoy. one shot one kill real life stuff enjoy.
  2. SteenA.
    Oct 7, 2009
    Very good realistic shooter and even though it is hard and not comparable with other shooters released in the last couple of years it is a thrill to play. Will it be a sucess? that is hard to tell since im sure it will scare a lot of people away because of it's hardcore style.
  3. Mobius
    Oct 7, 2009
    Calling all Call Of Duty Fans, do you feel that the intense fighting and great multiplayer matches of COD are not enough, do you want more, if the answer is yes, then Operation Flashpoint (OFP) isn
  4. KyleH.
    Oct 10, 2009
    Not at all a run n' gun, but great in its own right. I has a few issues/bugs that need to be addressed but I've heard a patch is supposed to be released to fix this. The versus multiplayer is not my favorite thing but it's decent. Co-operative mode is amazing though if your playing with people who know what they're doing.
  5. samyb123...
    Jan 10, 2010
    brought it for £25 and was worth it, wouldn't buy it for £40 needs patience, not like most games today.
  6. Amart77
    Oct 10, 2009
    This game is a must buy if you like military sims as well as games where every kill feels like a small feat. the only things holding it back are a minorly complicated squad command circle which u get used to and the infrequency of checkpoints that make deaths so tedious.
  7. Elwenil
    Oct 7, 2009
    Overall I am happy with Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. The gameplay is challenging without being a complete pain in the butt and the AO is varied enough so that even though many missions are "go here, blow this up" sort of deal, there are many enemy patrols and outposts that you will come across and have to deal with in your own way to get to your objective. The weapons are varied, Overall I am happy with Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. The gameplay is challenging without being a complete pain in the butt and the AO is varied enough so that even though many missions are "go here, blow this up" sort of deal, there are many enemy patrols and outposts that you will come across and have to deal with in your own way to get to your objective. The weapons are varied, though standard fare for the USMC. Many of the reviews give the impression that you cannot use anything other than standard weapons but you can pick up anything dropped on the battlefield from A/T and A/A weapons to sniper rifles and other small arms. You will frequently find your self running low on ammunition for your primary weapon and have to pick up a Chinese assault rifle to stay in the fight if you assault many of the enemies you run into in the field. In the end I am pretty pleased with the game, though the "newness" hasn't worn off yet. It won't win any awards for graphics or innovation but for a tactical mil-sim game on a console, I think it comes through with flying colors. With any luck it will have some success and maybe we can expect more titles like this one on consoles. Expand
  8. GwynbleiddD.
    Oct 11, 2009
    Fairly put, this game is awesome. Those who like it hard and love to work hard for every efforts they commit, this game is awesome. although it has glitches and sadly AI is not too good, and I did not like the fact that I'm restricted to modify my weapon mods and have to pick whatever games thrown at me, still the game is an excellent presentation of how a real battle looks like.

1. The authenticity and attention to detail in Dragon Rising is to be applauded.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    It's definitely a brilliantly accurate recreation of real army life, but that's not always best for a great night's entertainment. [Nov 2009, p.106]
    If you like playing co-op, or you don't mind trading moments of frustration for a smarter, slower war experience, this is recommended.