Payday: The Heist PlayStation 3

6.5

1. Oct 19, 2011
    Not much to do in the game besides shoot civillians, and you're not supposed to do that. Clumsy lobby menus. Average graphics. Characters are practically invincible. Kinda fun for 5 mins, but I wouldn't bother playing this much longer.
  2. Apr 14, 2012
    Uh, this is the same game over and over EVERY mission. It's a strange first person shooter with questionable physics (I just need to point my weapon "near" a cop, he'll die). Missions are segmented into multiple parts, each being revealed to you AFTER you complete the previous portion and fought off a wave of cops. Then a mysterious voice directs you back and forth, over and over, fightingUh, this is the same game over and over EVERY mission. It's a strange first person shooter with questionable physics (I just need to point my weapon "near" a cop, he'll die). Missions are segmented into multiple parts, each being revealed to you AFTER you complete the previous portion and fought off a wave of cops. Then a mysterious voice directs you back and forth, over and over, fighting wave after wave of cops, completing portions of the mission. This goes on EVERY mission for several waves until you finally finish the mission or get arrested (I've never seen anyone actually die on MY team). Initially it's fun and exciting because how often are you the bad guys after all, but it lacks any real sense of reality. Just call it an arcade enemy-wave shooter. Being stuck with the same weapons over and over (depending on which character you take) is no fun neither, and I can't see playing the game long enough to acquire the XP to unlock more goodies (I've played a few hours and so far have an ammo bag and a different mask... how fun...). The AI is OK, and I never played with 3 other humans but I don't think that would fix the enemy-wave combat system. It's arcade fun if you're drinking, but if you're looking for a game that's more real, dig out your copy of Rainbow 6. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    Ok game, just for a difference. It's very necessary to have some good friends to play with because otherwise the game is very hard. I hope the coming DLC's will give extra play hours.
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    Not much to do in this game actually. Clumsy controls, subpar graphics. A bit of fun for the first 10 minutes but that's about it. Feels like an unfinished game somehow.
  5. May 15, 2015

1. Feb 2, 2012
    If you have a small group of friends with whom you usually buddy up to play shooters, PayDay is definitely worth looking into. Despite only having six playable missions, there's a ton of depth when you consider the titanic ranking system and numerous difficulty settings. On the flipside, if you're the sort who likes to ruck up with AI partners then caution is advised; going solo is considerably more time-consuming and almost impossible if playing on Overkill difficulty.
  2. Play UK
    Jan 9, 2012
    A solid FPS that requires canny planning and teamwork to succeed. [Issue#213, p.96]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    First you are confronted by regular police agents, then SWAT-teams and in the end even the FBI gets involved. To survive the constant stream of enemies teamwork is key. Even more so because you have a long list of objectives to fulfill. [December 2011, p.104]