7.9

1. May 5, 2012
    I gave the same title on Wii a 9 rating and decided that since they have added two more tables to the PS3 version and also updated to HD graphics this game is a perfect 10. There are a few very small things I don't like within this game, like when completing table goals a message pops up telling you so right overtop of your flippers in mid chaos to distract you but I don't have the heart to give this game anything other than a perfect 10 because as far as the similation of the tables goes, they are without a doubt spot on. The physics, ball weight and feedback of the balls bouncing off the bumpers really does a fantastic job making you feel as if you were playing the real machines. I actually played many of the machines in this collection is real life and its uncanny that they seem identical. I can make the same ramp shots and hit the same danger zones as in the real games. I'm still amazed they were able to replicate the gameplay dynamics as well as the tables themselves. For that reason I must give a perfect score. If you like pinball this collection is the holy grail and I recommend buying it first on this either Xbox or PS3, and secondarily on Wii. On Wii the numchucks do a very good job with the nudge/tilt and the Wii buttons actually feel the best as flipper buttons. If you like this then there is also a Gottlieb collection on Wii only (and ps2) but doesn't have the same perfection as this collection with respect to feeling as if playing a real table. None the less if you see any Pinball Hall of Fame collections, in my opinion they are the most realistic pinball sim out there. Expand
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    i really liked this game, because it had two of my favorite tables that i can play when ever i want. the challenge mode was difficult at times, and you can unlock all the tables in relatively little time. a real good value for some simple fun.

This is easily some of the best pinball you're going to get in videogame form, and with so many machines out in the wild, hopefully this is just the start of things to come for the Pinball Hall of Fame series.
  2. In essence, though nothing beats being in front of the actual machines and feeding in a quarter to square off with it, Pinball Hall of Fame – The Williams Collection is about as close as the video game medium allows for.
  3. Most of its success relies on the existing design of the pinball machines instead of any design elements it adds, but it doesn’t really need to do more than let the machines speak for themselves.