PixelJunk 4am PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: May 15, 2012
6.4

1. May 23, 2012
    Pixel junk 4am, a virtual sound canvas, music visualiser and viewer. The viewer or 4am listening channel is free on psn with the option too upgrade too the playable version if you like what you see and hear. This is one of the few times the move has been used to try something experimental with the 1.1 ratio 3d control capabilities of the move. And suceeds in providing a new interactivePixel junk 4am, a virtual sound canvas, music visualiser and viewer. The viewer or 4am listening channel is free on psn with the option too upgrade too the playable version if you like what you see and hear. This is one of the few times the move has been used to try something experimental with the 1.1 ratio 3d control capabilities of the move. And suceeds in providing a new interactive music media. Tumble used the moves 3d controls quite well but 4am raises the bar on what can be achieved with the move if you put your mind too it. Overall 4am does what it promises and delivers on its sound canvas premise were you can alter pitch and reverb by either a left or right swipe of the move. push the move towards the screen alters reverb, grab a sound from the four corners top centre and so on and drop them into the mix add a grabbed beat and loop it too repeat at will. And you begin too get the idea for the price the content of 6songs with different sets is enough for now hope too see some extra trx as dlc.
    The original songs Baiyou has made are multi-layered so become almost anything you want slow deep sounds or fast and high pitched its youre choice although some samples can be difficult too mix at first. A better tutorial or online manual would also be an improvement. Overall very good as they say weve give you the tools now show us what you can do. pixel junks best so far.
  2. May 25, 2012
    PixelJunk 4am isn't a game. It is an instrument; a music tool; your own personal night club in your living room where you are the DJ. For those who actually have a deeper appreciation than most for music, this is for you. If you're like me, and you walk around all day tapping your fingers on things, humming your own made up little beats and tunes, 4am gives you a creative outlet the likesPixelJunk 4am isn't a game. It is an instrument; a music tool; your own personal night club in your living room where you are the DJ. For those who actually have a deeper appreciation than most for music, this is for you. If you're like me, and you walk around all day tapping your fingers on things, humming your own made up little beats and tunes, 4am gives you a creative outlet the likes of which you've never seen (or heard) before. It's simple enough (with a great tutorial) to easily get into, but complex enough that you may be amazed at what some people are already doing with it. It really is amazing how I'll think to myself, "It's midnight. I think I'll play 4am for 30 minutes or so," and the next thing I know, I'm actually playing PixelJunk 4am at...4am. Expand

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 19, 2012
    The main problem is there isn't any visual feedback of which to speak. [Aug 2012, p.79]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jul 17, 2012
    4am's unique interaction style and possibilities deserve that extra bit of polish to match their innovation. [Aug 2012, p.105]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia