PixelJunk Eden PlayStation 3

• Also On: PC
7.8

1. ChrisJ.
    Aug 7, 2008
    Addictive, original, and beautiful. My favourite game on the PSN. Download it.
  2. KritU.
    Aug 13, 2008
    Got the demo, it was too complicated to play at first, but once I got the hang of it. next thing i know, I purchased the full game.
  3. JeremyB.
    Aug 2, 2008
    A fanciful escape with some of the most challenging yet calming platforming mechanics yet best sums up this gorgeous PSN title.
  4. TheDude
    Aug 6, 2008
    This game is excellent and well worth 10 bucks. If you love 2d platformers, this game is for YOU!
  5. FerdD.
    Aug 6, 2008
    stunningly stellar. like a warm cup of effervescent sunshine bubbling with happiness and tranquility.
  6. Matt
    Aug 3, 2008
    This game is wildly addicting and is definitely worth the 10 bucks! I feel the game is perfect and I cannot really see this game getting rated any lower than a 9. It's another great addition to your PS3/PSN library!!
  7. Andrew
    Aug 22, 2008
    Best arcade title yet. The game captivates and frustrates all in one session. Despite my personal troubles with getting all the Spectra, I can't stay away! My wife has even picked up the controller to play Eden and that is the biggest step she has taken in gaming since 1985!
  8. BobS.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Very clean. Very Fun. Very fun co-op. Overall good game. Minor flaws are its too short, and only allows for 3 person co-op.
  9. DanM
    Aug 21, 2008
    Solid game for $10. I love the music in it; and I certainly suggest you do as the game suggests by either having a great sound system or wear headphones when you play, not to mention play it on an HDTV! The timer does take away from gameplay, but it's just a new type of game that provides lots of gaming hours.
  10. Jan 16, 2012
    This is a great game. Some slam it for the difficulty curve, but I found it's pretty good. The problem there is that you're doing most of your work at very high altitudes, so if you flub some acrobatics, you may fall all the way to the ground and waste all your remaining time trying to climb back - it's stressful. Still, if you ration your time crystals and just pick up what you need, andThis is a great game. Some slam it for the difficulty curve, but I found it's pretty good. The problem there is that you're doing most of your work at very high altitudes, so if you flub some acrobatics, you may fall all the way to the ground and waste all your remaining time trying to climb back - it's stressful. Still, if you ration your time crystals and just pick up what you need, and just pursue the objectives, it's a game that really rewards mastery of the mechanics and adds interesting challenges as you progress.
    Additionally, the visuals are typical Pixeljunk - that is, they look unique, vibrantly colorful, animated and lively, and the music by fits perfectly - both products of multimedia artist "Baiyon." On the Q-Games side, things feel right: Everything seems to have its own weight and momentum. Some things are soft, some hard, others springy, with a bit of give. Swinging, you do sweep an arc, but it feels like your string has tension, and you need the right inertia to keep swinging. It makes a nice, varied world that may be challenging, but is consistent and feels fair. Oddly, you don't walk - you always jump. This isn't a big handicap, but adds a bit of challenge too - like how you can't "jump" in Bionic Commando.
    An expertly crafted game by the PixelJunk team. I strongly recommend it for people who like platformers, but want something really different.

1. Yet another quirky PSN title that just screams replayability. It's challenging, but ultimately may prove too frustrating for the casual gamer which it appears to be aimed at. Nevertheless, good value for money and definitely one for the platform/side-scroller freaks out there.
  2. It's a remarkable title and yet another shining example of the excellent quality we’ve come to expect from the PSN Store when developers put their mind to it.
    The game is uniquely engaging, and it's not even remotely similar to its predecessors...or any other games, really. The elegant pairing of a psychedelic aesthetic and smart, addictive platforming mechanics is a rare find indeed.