PixelJunk Monsters PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Jan 24, 2008
  • Also On: Wii U
7.7

1. Dec 3, 2010
    i said i would never give a game a 10 i have eaten those words twice. i feel like i am jumping on the bandwagon to rave about how charming unique and clever this title is as i run around erecting towers to keep various insects from hearting my m8s. sounds simple. is simple. and one of the most difficult ..lol...games i have played. 10
  2. Jun 21, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Have had tons of hours playing single player and co-op. Absolutely fantastic game.......................... 10/10
  3. BrentL.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Tower Defense style game with a unique twist controls. No longer is it as simple as point in click, but you must also be smart about gathering and having the time to get your character into locations to take action. For a small game, it does have a great cartoon style that looks beautiful on any screen. The music playing adds to the funny feel. All in all, a great game for $7.99.
  4. MK.
    May 9, 2008
    Great Game, Even better playing co-op with the girlfriend.. But watch out cause she'll love it even more than you do... even if she doesn't usually like playing games.
  5. JonW.
    Feb 3, 2008
    This game still has me shaking my head, wondering, how did they (Q games) go from PJRacers to this beautiful machine of a game? The answer is simple. No, literally, the answer is the word simple. The pure simplicity of this game, combined with gorgeous aesthetic value, balanced gameplay that is both frustrating, and endlessly entertaining make up one of the best tower defense games in a This game still has me shaking my head, wondering, how did they (Q games) go from PJRacers to this beautiful machine of a game? The answer is simple. No, literally, the answer is the word simple. The pure simplicity of this game, combined with gorgeous aesthetic value, balanced gameplay that is both frustrating, and endlessly entertaining make up one of the best tower defense games in a long time. This game only sends homage to all the rest of the PSN's growing library of unique titles, and still places my firm faith that Sony's trust in indie developers is well placed. Expand
  6. TimothyD
    Mar 30, 2009
    This game was deceptively much better then I ever imagined.I loved the music and effects too. It goes to show, that I ended putting down Metal Gear 4, to play this game and I love Metal Gear 4. I would recommend this game to anyone with a soft spot for fun games. This is a FUN game. You will thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheers!
  7. Paul
    Jan 28, 2008
    Great game and a bargain at only £3.49 in the uk. exactly what psn needs and gives anything on xbla a run for its money.
  8. KennyL.
    Feb 19, 2008
    Great little downloadable game that's alot of fun and very addicting. I also play this game in Remote Play at work. Good bargain for the price although i would easily pay twice as much for this quality game.
  9. AndyD.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Endlessly entertaining, extremely addictive gameplay with a great art style and soundtrack. Even better, it's only ten bucks!
  10. BryanS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Simple and FUN.
  11. PeterY.
    Jan 26, 2008
    A great, fresh take on the Tower Defense games, but make sure you know what you're getting into before you buy this game. The gameplay is quite different from the popular Desktop Tower Defense, but it's still satisfying in it's own way. Instead of a cursor, you control a tribesman with the dpad or left analog and you have to walk him around to build your towers. At 7 bucks, A great, fresh take on the Tower Defense games, but make sure you know what you're getting into before you buy this game. The gameplay is quite different from the popular Desktop Tower Defense, but it's still satisfying in it's own way. Instead of a cursor, you control a tribesman with the dpad or left analog and you have to walk him around to build your towers. At 7 bucks, it's a decent value, considering the amount of replay you're gonna get out of this, but I wished they could've added some custom soundtracks at least. And also, some people might not like how this particular version of Tower Defense plays. Expand
  12. AndrewH.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Quality little tower defense game! for £3.49 you can't go wrong. It's pretty tricky until you get the hang of it. Get over how it looks at first and actually play it for a while.
  13. billbill
    Feb 2, 2008
    Very addictive!
  14. JJZ.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Highly addictive~!
  15. ViktorV.
    Mar 31, 2008
    Very simple concept but amazingly addictive, the HD graphics are just so cute and clean, control is top class but is the gameplay that will keep you there, for hours and hours of joy, the game is not perfect (music is quite nice but very repetitive too) but at the incredible price of 4,99 Euro it deserve a total "10" as a score, so much fun for the price, really.
  16. JohnM
    Mar 3, 2008
    I loved this game. It is a tremendous value especially for me because of the replay value. I have put more hours into this game already than Lair and Time Crisis 4 combined.
  17. Dan
    Mar 8, 2008
    Great value game. Very addictive.
  18. mark
    May 2, 2008
    This game is *so* addictive.. I keep going back to it in between other games.. Definitely a good value.
  19. BobbyS
    Jan 14, 2009
    Great tower defense game. Having been sucked into countless free online TD style games, PixelJunk Monsters was right up my alley. I was hesitant at first to pay for a style of game I traditionally got for free, but Monsters is SOOOO much more than a typical TD game, worth every single penny! If you have been on the edge about picking this game up, I hope you jump in and join the fun!Great tower defense game. Having been sucked into countless free online TD style games, PixelJunk Monsters was right up my alley. I was hesitant at first to pay for a style of game I traditionally got for free, but Monsters is SOOOO much more than a typical TD game, worth every single penny! If you have been on the edge about picking this game up, I hope you jump in and join the fun! BUY IT! PSN ID: Discthrower200 Expand
  20. DanH
    Nov 29, 2008
    PixelJunk Monsters is a monstrously addictive, charming and elegant little strategy game. Very easy to get into but its deceptively deep and really rewarding. You start playing and before you know it it's three hours later and everyones gone to bed. Then after you shut it down for the night you spend the next hour lying there thinking up new strategies to try...really the most PixelJunk Monsters is a monstrously addictive, charming and elegant little strategy game. Very easy to get into but its deceptively deep and really rewarding. You start playing and before you know it it's three hours later and everyones gone to bed. Then after you shut it down for the night you spend the next hour lying there thinking up new strategies to try...really the most addictive game I've played in years. Expand
  21. MattM.
    Jan 31, 2008
    My 10 is based on the value of what you get for the price. This game is incredibly addicting, and can be VERY frustrating at times.... but I'm always coming back for more. On top of that, I'm playing it at work on my lunch breaks using Remote Play.
  22. Dec 30, 2011
    This game is awesome with a "but". It's the only tower defense game I ever liked and loved. The learning curve however is way to high. There is a lack of any kind of tutorial. The first time I played it, I accually quit the game because it was too frustrating. The co-op saved the game for me because it gave me the opportunity to re-discover this game with a friend. I still give it a 9This game is awesome with a "but". It's the only tower defense game I ever liked and loved. The learning curve however is way to high. There is a lack of any kind of tutorial. The first time I played it, I accually quit the game because it was too frustrating. The co-op saved the game for me because it gave me the opportunity to re-discover this game with a friend. I still give it a 9 because I loved it after that. Expand
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    I've been trying to think of away to not give this game a perfect score. But I can't really think of any flaws and at a cost of 3.99 that's impressive!

Both the single player mode and the co-op modes are great fun, and very challenging. And just when I thought I was done with this game and ready to score it a 9, they bring out more difficulties and some trophy challenges to get. The trophy challenges completely and utterly add to the game and breath extra life into it. You'll spend hours trying to find the perfect combination of towers to win the game and you'll be more afraid of a flock of bee's than ever before. If someone would have told me that I'd be giving a perfect score to a tower defence game on my PS3 I'd have laughed in their face, but even if this were a full price shop title it'd still be getting a 10.
  24. Aug 22, 2013
    Tower defense done right. This fun little downloadable will keep your hands on the controller for hours upon hours. There is a perfect balance of difficulty, with the added challenge of perfecting each level (a worthy reward awaits you for perfecting every level). You can sit and enjoy this game on a relaxing afternoon, but still embrace those frantic moments of chaos. I found very fewTower defense done right. This fun little downloadable will keep your hands on the controller for hours upon hours. There is a perfect balance of difficulty, with the added challenge of perfecting each level (a worthy reward awaits you for perfecting every level). You can sit and enjoy this game on a relaxing afternoon, but still embrace those frantic moments of chaos. I found very few faults/complaints with Monsters; PixelJunk converted me into a tower defense fan Expand

1. It has a very complete-feeling RTS-based gameplay that makes the title well worth the price of the download. And while the game itself may be short in terms of a traditional RTS (you'll probably beat this one in 8-9 hours), it offers a whole bunch of fun.
  2. 20 levels might not sound like a lot, but this is one that will keep you going for ages, and with a highly entertaining co-op mode thrown in and online high-score tables, it's yet another PSN title worth checking out.
  3. It is a lot of game for your money, especially if you have the patience to slog your way through it all, much like more classic video games that we remember fondly, but it does bear more than a passing resemblance to ‘Desktop Tower Defence’ (Google it) in its gameplay choice.