• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jan 24, 2008
7.8

1. Aug 22, 2013
    Tower defense done right. This fun little downloadable will keep your hands on the controller for hours upon hours. There is a perfect balance of difficulty, with the added challenge of perfecting each level (a worthy reward awaits you for perfecting every level). You can sit and enjoy this game on a relaxing afternoon, but still embrace those frantic moments of chaos. I found very few faults/complaints with Monsters; PixelJunk converted me into a tower defense fan Expand
  2. Sep 9, 2012
    Pure Junk. this game is just so damn boring and frustrating god good I'm glad this game is was only one dollar because that's about what its worth.
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    This game is awesome with a "but". It's the only tower defense game I ever liked and loved. The learning curve however is way to high. There is a lack of any kind of tutorial. The first time I played it, I accually quit the game because it was too frustrating. The co-op saved the game for me because it gave me the opportunity to re-discover this game with a friend. I still give it a 9 because I loved it after that. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    I've been trying to think of away to not give this game a perfect score. But I can't really think of any flaws and at a cost of 3.99 that's impressive!

Both the single player mode and the co-op modes are great fun, and very challenging. And just when I thought I was done with this game and ready to score it a 9, they bring out more difficulties and some trophy challenges to get. The
    trophy challenges completely and utterly add to the game and breath extra life into it. You'll spend hours trying to find the perfect combination of towers to win the game and you'll be more afraid of a flock of bee's than ever before. If someone would have told me that I'd be giving a perfect score to a tower defence game on my PS3 I'd have laughed in their face, but even if this were a full price shop title it'd still be getting a 10. Expand
  5. Jun 21, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Have had tons of hours playing single player and co-op. Absolutely fantastic game.......................... 10/10
  6. Dec 3, 2010
    i said i would never give a game a 10 i have eaten those words twice. i feel like i am jumping on the bandwagon to rave about how charming unique and clever this title is as i run around erecting towers to keep various insects from hearting my m8s. sounds simple. is simple. and one of the most difficult ..lol...games i have played. 10
  7. Nov 29, 2010
    It's a pretty good tower defense game, and was very fun and fresh at first. But it didn't take long to find out that the key to winning was: learning the monster attack patterns, building the right towers at the right times and places. There was little or no variation in the attacks, so the game became repetitive quickly. Very few kinds of towers to build and little information about the tower stats like attack power and increased power when upgraded. I wanted to understand the technical aspects of the game, but couldn't. A nice touch having the turtle character be active in the tower building process. In the end though, the game has little replay value. Expand
  8. Aug 31, 2010
    I just didn't find this game fun, I tried a few times, but just found it boring and repetitive. I thought I'd give another similar game a try, so I got Comet Crash and that is just so much more enjoyable. Pj Monsters looks nicer (cutesy) but my best advice here is try before you buy.
  9. Jun 21, 2011

1. It has a very complete-feeling RTS-based gameplay that makes the title well worth the price of the download. And while the game itself may be short in terms of a traditional RTS (you'll probably beat this one in 8-9 hours), it offers a whole bunch of fun.
  2. 20 levels might not sound like a lot, but this is one that will keep you going for ages, and with a highly entertaining co-op mode thrown in and online high-score tables, it's yet another PSN title worth checking out.
  3. It is a lot of game for your money, especially if you have the patience to slog your way through it all, much like more classic video games that we remember fondly, but it does bear more than a passing resemblance to ‘Desktop Tower Defence’ (Google it) in its gameplay choice.